Sequel: NightCurse

Welcome to the Black Parade

Breakfast

Cheyenne woke up to the boisterous sound of a pan clanking to the floor. She stretched out her arms ad legs and yawned a huge yawn. She pulled the cozy, cat-nose pink blanket off of her and walked into the kitchen to see what was up.

The kitchen appeared to be exorbitantly clean and smelled of coffee. The walls were painted in milk-chocolate brown and cream paint. There were two ghost-white plates atop of the table with silverware on the right sides of them. The table was midnight-black. The refrigerator was also black. There was a roll of paper towel in the middle of the table. The air was warm and dry.

The man with the black hair said, "Good morning." Cheyenne immediately realized this guy was the talented lead singer of her favorite band, My Chemical Romance.

To make sure, though, Cheyenne attempted to ask, "Are you Gerard Way?" but instead, it came out as, "Are you Gee Wah?" because of her nervousness and excitement.

The man just looked at her and burst out laughing. Cheyenne turned thirty shades of magenta, so he apologized and said," Yeah, I am Gerard Way."

"OK," said Cheyenne, hesitant to say anything else, so she didn't go over-board with questions about him.

Then, Gerard said, "Sit down and have some breakfast." Cheyenne plopped into the chair on the left of the table and poured herself some steaming-hot coffee. Gerard put some French toast on her plate.

"So," said Gerard, "How old are you?"

"Fourteen," answered Cheyenne.

"How do people treat you at school."

"Err." She winced at the thought of that prison. Every day, she was bullied in almost every period. A stream of blue fell down her cheeks. She tried to keep her tears under control, but they just kept coming. Soon, the table was soaked from the wetness of her tears, and she was on her back on the floor. The carpet was stop-sign red with black circles the size of their plates. Gerard crawled to the floor, picked up Cheyenne's feather-light body off of the ground, and gave her a huge hug.

"I know how you feel," he said. Then, he persisted to hug her. Soon, she stopped sobbing, and Gerard reached for the paper towels and gently wiped the tears off of her cheeks. He hugged her one more time and then let go.

"I'm not hungry," Cheyenne said. Then, she just lied down on the floor and stared at the black ceiling.

"Maybe you should go get a shower," Gerard said. Then, he guided her to the bathroom, provided her with a fuzzy sea-green robe, and left. Cheyenne undressed and turned the water on.