Perfect

Chapter 2

The Avenged show went amazingly last night. Matt’s voice was on point. Zacky and Syn shredded it on guitar, Johnny sucked slightly less on bass than normal, and The Rev, as always, was absolutely insane on drums.
All the guys were hanging out in Emma and Matt’s hotel room playing video games. They had been trying to get Emma to play with them but she had different plans. Tonight, One Direction was playing at the venue and she wanted to see Harry again. She didn’t yet have a plan for how she was going to get in but she would figure it out. She didn’t know why but for some reason she couldn’t stop thinking about Harry. He wasn’t her type at all, considering she was all tattoos and piercings and he was all polo shirts and skinny jeans but there was something about him that intrigued her and she wanted more. She was just about to get up and leave when Brian or Synyster Gates whatever you want to call him, interrupted her.
“What’s up with you baby girl?”
“Nothing Bri, why?”
“You never turn down video games and you’re just being kind of distant. You sure you’re good?”
“Can I tell you a secret?” Emma asked.
“I thought that was Z’s department.” Brian laughed, “but of course, you can tell me anything.”
“I met this guy last night and I can’t stop thinking about him and his band is playing the venue tonight and I really want to go.”
“Aww, baby girl has a crush.”
“Shhh, I don’t want anyone else to know. Especially Matt and Zack.”
“Why not?”
“Because you know as well as I do that they will have a problem with it, throw fits, and not let me see him.”
“True. How are you going to get to the venue? “Brian asked.
“Walk….” Emma responded
“Absolutely not, I won’t allow it, and you know damn well your brother won’t either.”
“Bri…please aren’t you the one to always tell Matt not to be so protective, that I can handle myself? Then let me. It will be our little secret.”
“Fine, go. Just be careful and text me when you get there and when you are leaving and you better come back to this room tonight, no sneaking off with that boy. Way to guilt trip be a babe.”
“Thanks, Bri,” Emma said, kissing him on the cheek.” I’ve always like you best.”
“All lies, now go before your brother realizes your leaving,” Brian said giving Emma a little tap on her butt.
She said goodbye quietly as she walked out of the hotel room, ready to walk the busy streets of New York City.
She’s glad that her brother was to engrossed in the video game to notice that she left. He’s so protective of her that he would never have let her go. She can’t blame him; she is the only family he has left but it drives her absolutely insane sometimes.
Emma made it to the venue 20 minutes later and found that the show was sold out so buying a ticket to get in was not an option. She decided her best bet would be to go to the back door where she met Harry last night in hopes that it was either open or someone was outside. Lucky for her the guy that came looking for Harry last night, Louis she thinks was his name, was out there smoking a cigarette. She walked up to him as quick as she could hoping that he would remember her.
“Hey!” She said. “You’re Louis right?”
“Yeah. Emma right? The girl from last night who Harry won’t shut up about.” He laughed. “You must have made quite the impression to steal Mr. Harry Styles heart so quickly.”
Emma blushed. “I was actually hoping to see him again if that’s possible.
“I supposed, as long as you aren’t going to murder him,” Louis replied.
“I swear, I’m not a mass murderer,” Emma said putting her hands up in front of her showing surrender.
“Well then, right this way my lady,” Louis said bowing to her as she walked through the door.
“So, how did you and Harry meet?” Louis asked.
“Oh well, my brother's band was playing here last night and I was standing outside the back door and Harry came running out of it, bashing me in the face with it. He almost broke my nose.” Emma told him.
“Harry does a great job with first impressions doesn’t he?” Louis asked.
“I guess so.” Emma laughed. “He seems really nice, though.”
“yeah, he’s a great kid. Needs a good girl in his life.” Louis said patting Emma on the back just as they reached the dressing room that Louis and harry shared. “Hazza, I found a crazy fan out back who’s just dying to see you.” Louis joked to Harry.
Harry looked up quite startled at first but once he saw Emma his face lit up.
“Emma!” Harry exclaimed running up to her and giving her a hug. “What are you doing here?”
“Hi!” Emma laughed at Harry’s excitement. “I really wanted to see you again. I hope that’s ok?”
“Of course. I’m glad you’re here. I got about an hour before show time so we can hang out until then. Do you want to stay for the show? I know it’s not quite your scene.” Harry said.
“Yea, of course, I’ll stay. I kind of want to hear your music anyway. I really never have.”
“That’s awesome, why don’t you come have a seat, you don’t have to stand in the doorway.”
Emma walked over and sat down on the couch next to Harry.
“Okay, well that’s my cue to leave then.” Louis said,” nice to see you again Emma.”
“You too, Louis. Thanks again.”
Harry and Emma sat in an awkward silence for a few minutes before Harry broke the ice.
“So, you tour with your brother. That’s pretty cool. Your parents don’t mind?” Harry asked.
“Oh, umm…. It’s just me and Matt. Our parents passed away three years ago.”
“Oh shit Emma, I’m sorry.”
“It’s okay, no way you could have known.”
“If you don’t mind me asking, what happened?”
“Car accident… I don’t like talking about it. Sorry.”
“No, it’s completely ok. I shouldn’t pry. If you ever need to talk though…. So who was that guy that came and got you last night?”
“Oh, that was Zacky. He’s basically my best friend. He has always been there for me, and protects me.”
“So you’re just best friends seemed closer than that to me.”
“No. He would never, he’s my brother's best friend and he would never disrespect my brother like that, plus he’s five years older than me, he thinks of me as a little sister.” Emma explained with a frown on her face.
“He feels that way, but what about the way you feel?”
“What? What do you mean?”
“You said he would never do that, he thinks of you as a sister, what do you think?”
“I don’t know. Most of the time I feel the same, he’s like a brother to me, but then there are other times when we are cuddling or he wraps his arms around me when another guy is around that makes me feel different.”
“I could kind of tell. Have you ever told him that?”
“Of course not, I don’t want him to know, I don’t want to act on it and can we please stop talking about it. I’m here to hang out with you, get to know you, not talk about Zacky.”
“Ok, sorry. You seem like a great girl Emma. I’m really glad you decided to come tonight. Are you excited to see the show?”
“I guess. I mean like you said earlier, definitely not my scene, but I’m willing to give it a chance.”
“For me?”
“Yeah, for you Harry.”
“Good. Cause I would do the same. You are absolutely beautiful Emma.”
Emma looked down at herself. She had on a baggy t-shirt that she believed belonged to Johnny and a pair of black jeans, they were tight, but it’s not like they were showing anything off. She only had on eyeliner, no other makeup, and her hair was put up into a messy ponytail. She didn’t understand what Harry could possibly see in her. “What do you find beautiful? I look like a straight slob tonight.” Emma laughed.
“I find everything about you beautiful and I don’t care what you look like, you look beautiful to me.”
“Well thank you, you’re not too bad yourself Mr. Styles.”
Harry laughed at that. “Are you going to the award show tomorrow night?” He asked Emma.
“Yeah, Avenged is nominated for 3 awards. I have to go.”
“Would you possibly, maybe…” Harry paused stumbling over his words slightly. “be my date for it?”
“Oh Harry, I would love to, but I have to be Zacky’s. Everything is already set up and seats are assigned. I don’t think there is any way we could get them to change it. Plus, Zacky would probably be pissed if I ditched him.”
“Oh ok, well maybe we will see each other there or maybe we can meet up and hang out after.”
“Yeah, that sounds great.”
“20-minute warning Harry, you should probably start getting ready.” A very cute Australian blonde boy said to Harry as he was walking by.
“Thank Niall. I will. See if you can find Louis and tell him to get back in here, yeah?”
“Yeah, I can do that. See you in a few Harry.”
“See ya, Niall,” Harry replied as Niall walked away. “Well, I guess I should get ready. Umm…. If you want, you can go to the stage and find a spot to watch the show from. I’m sure you are used to doing so with your brother, if not you can wait and I’ll go with you.”
“No it’s ok, I can manage by myself. Thanks, though, it was great talking to you Harry, have a great show.”
“Thanks, Em,” Harry replied giving her a hug and a small kiss on the cheek before she walked away.
As Emma made her way down the hall to the stage, she could feel her heart pounding inside of her chest and butterflies fluttering in her stomach. She couldn’t wait to see Harry again, and she especially couldn’t wait to talk with him again.