Status: Contest again

Queens and Princes of the Seas

01.

Water rippled as the Constantinople slowly moved through the water, there was little wind to move the large vessel along and the sun was sweltering. Captain Marie Wallace stood at the wheel of her ship sweating under all her layers of clothing while the rest of her crew moved sluggishly around the deck.

They had been on the water for a little over a month and were ready for land, they needed to replenish their ship as their rations was dwindling and the men were becoming restless and wanted the company of a woman for one night. Marie had similar feelings, she was getting an overwhelming urge to seek the company of a man.

“Nibs, take the wheel.” a young man stumbled over to the wheel the heat making him sluggish. He grabbed the wheel and the woman walked over to the side of her ship and looked down at the water. It beckoned her to it looking so cool and refreshing, however the captain knew better, she knew of the creatures that lurked under the waves, creatures that would happily drag her to the depths.

As the woman looked out of the water she saw something flickering just under the surface, like a perfectly polished stone however the flickering moved fast through the water, her eyes followed it. She noticed that the flickering was getting closer to the surface a gasp fell from her lips when she saw it break the surface. It was a tail, a silver tail. It was similar to a fish tail due to the glinting and glimmering scales but it lay flat like a dolphin tail.

Marie wanted to call out to Crow to see if the older male had ever seen something like this before but something made her words to stick in her throat. Suddenly a head broke the surface. The brown haired pirate looked at the face head which soon turned into a torso. It was a male, a male around her age with raven hair and sharp features.

“Ahoy,” she called out, the male was startled his eyes flicked to hers briefly before he dove under the waves. Marie’s eyes widened when she saw the silvery tail again. Suddenly it hit her, the male wasn’t a normal human, he was a merman. A legendary creature that Marie had heard stories of in her youth and around the towns and bars everywhere she docked

The woman was almost tempted to dive in after the male but as she watched him she knew she wouldn’t be able to keep up with him. He was fast, it was only a few seconds and already he was almost unable to be seen. Marie shook her head and pulled away from the railing her thoughts buzzing with the fact that she had seen a mer-person and they weren’t just a creature of legend, they were real and she had seen one.

She headed toward her quarters entering and closing the door grabbing a bottle of rum and taking a swig, the heat was making her head pound but she couldn’t sleep she had to look at her maps and determine where they were and how much further before they came to a dock.
♠ ♠ ♠
Two stories in one day I am on a role!

Anyways here is the first chapter of Queens and Princes of the Sea. I would love to hear what you think. Please enjoy

Cheers Esther :)