Sequel: Forever.

My Heart's Melodie

nine

“And what would you like. dear?” the waiter asked me.

“Just a hot fudge sundae, please.”

“Alright, they’ll be right out,” the waiter said as she turned on her heel and walked back to the kitchen.

“So what did you guys talk about out there?”

“Kevin, I believe that is buisness between Melodie and I,” Joe answered smuggly. I rolled my eyes and elbowed him in the ribs.

“Ow! What did you do that for?!”

“For being….Joe.”

“If I’m not Joe, then who am I supposed to be? If you noticed that ismy name.”

“Be Joseph.”

He glared at me while I attemped not to laugh. It was so fun messing with him.

“What if I don’t wanna be Joseph?”

“Then be Joseph Adam.”

“No,” he said stubbornly.

“Ok.”

We sat in silence for a moment.

“I don’t like it quiet!”

“That’s nice,” I said in my ‘I don’t care’ voice.

His glare hardened.

“Those two are a lost cause,” I heard Kevin mumble to Nick. They were watching Joe and I intently.

“Hey! I heard that!”

Just at that moment the waiter walked up with a tray full of desserts.

“Your strawberry cheescake and ice cream,” the waiter said as she put down a plate in front of Joe. “Your double chocolate fudge brownie,” she set down another plate, except in front of Kevin. “The cinnamin apple rolls,” she placed a plate in front of Nick. “And a hot fudge sundae.”
She placed the final dessert in front of me. “Enjoy.” And she walked away.

Joe Kevin and Nick immediately dug into their dessert. I watched them with humor as the desert in front of them quickly disappeared.

I finally decided to eat my own ice cream once Joe had finished his cheesecake. I carefully took spoonfull’s of ice cream, making sure that I would make Kevin Joe and Nick suffer. It was hilarious to watch Joe squirm in his seat, awaiting the moment we could leave and go outside.

Why is there something hard in my ice cream? I didn’t order anything extra on it, like chocolate chips.

All of a sudden, I felt dizzy. I couldn’t see straight. And my hands where shaking and sweaty. I started panicking, which Joe noticed right away.

I knew exactly what was happening.

“Melodie?” he asked. I was hyperventilating now, like I couldn’t breathe. “Are you ok?”

I shook my head no.

“What’s wrong?” Kevin asked in a tone that scared me.

I pointed into the ice cream glass. All three boys looked into it, but only one understood what was happening.

“They put nuts into the ice cream!” Joe nearly shouted, taking my hand and leading me out of the booth. I could hardly walk.

“She’s allergic?” Nick asked.

“No, really?!” Joe was getting mad now.

The room was spinning, and I could feel the temperature rising around me. I caught a glance at myself in a reflection on a window, and I didn’t look too good. I was as pale as a ghost, with large red spots all over my face and neck. I glanced down at my hands, which were just the same way.

As we walked into the street, I collapsed in Joe’s arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow. I never stick to my deadlines.
Oh well. I finally got the idea this morning, and I decided I better update. So here it is (:
Sorry it's so short though. I couldn't think of anything else to put in, and I wanted it to be a CLIFF HANGER!!! Muahahahah!! *evil smile*
Now you get to wait to see what happens to Melodie.
P.S. I got the idea before I realized what this is sorta from....The Game Plan. Whoops.....