StarStream

The Shard

Moonstream was asleep in the passenger's seat. Starlighter activated her holoform and continued to Drive. They'd been on the road for about three days. She wasn't going back to base, not yet anyways. It was around midday, when Starlighter had seen the sign that said "Welcome to Ohio."

:: Starlighter! :: Bee's frantic comm came through. She was tempted to ignore it. Moonstream had awoke from her slumber at the comm she got.

:: What Bee? :: Moon asked.

:: The cons are after Sam. ::

:: What? Why? ::

:: He's been seeing symbols or something? ::

:: Of what? ::

:: I don't know I can't read them. It's Cybertronian though. ::

:: Give us a little while, I have to convince Starlighter to come. You're in New Jersey, right? ::

:: No. ::

:: Where are you? ::

:: On our way to DC. :: .

:: Why? ::

::We need help.

:: What kind of help? ::

:: Old bot help. We're going to the Smithsonian Nation Space and Air Museum. ::

:: Give us time. I have to convince Star to go. ::

:: I've got Mudflap and Skidz with me. I'm carrying Sam, Mikaela, Simmons and Sam's roommate Leo. ::

:: Let me work my twin magic. ::


:. Star, we have to go help Bee? .:

:. Why? .:
Starlighter asked. She didn't want to help anyone. She wanted to drive.

:. Cause he's the closest thing to family that we have left. .: Moonstream said.

Starlighter didn't respond. Instead she changed her course. :. I hate it, when you're right. .: She finally responded, before really hitting the gas. The nine hour drive only took Starlighter four. They had pulled into the parking lot at the same time as Bee and the minor twins.

Moonstream got out of Starlighter and walked over to Bee. She patted his hood. "Alright Bug, what are we dealing with?" Moon asked. It was easier for her if she acted as if she was alright, so that's exactly what she was gonna do. She was sad, but they were in a war and the time for grieving would come after the war was over.

"Who is she?" Simmons asked. Mikaela and Leo shared looks expressing their confusion.

"That's Moonstream. The pink car is Starlighter they're twins. Moonstream doesn't have a body, so she shares her twin that's a holoform. Now Moon, this is Simmons, Leo and Mikaela. We're going to use this shard to bring back a bot in there so he can tell us what these symbols I've been seeing mean so that we can hopefully figure out how to make sure Megatron doesn't get the energon source that is apparently here on the planet." Sam held up the All Soark shard.

Starlighter instantly activated her holoform and grabbed her sister, before she could launch herself at Sam.

"Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! What is she doing?" Simmons asked.

"WHY THE FRAG WOULD YOU LET HIM SHOW HER THE SHARD BEE?" Starlighter screamed fighting against her thrashing sister. Bee activated his holoform and helped hold her. Skidz and Mudflap activated theirs as back up just in case.

"GIVE ME THE DAMN SHARD!" Moonstream screamed.

:. You can't have the shard. .: Starlighter said calmly through the bond. She sent waves of calm over it in order to subdue her sister.

A screech of pure rage came over the bond in response.

:. You're an Autobot. I'm an Autobot. That comes over everything including your body. If using that shard to bring back an old timer and saving this planet, mean sacrificing your chance at your body, then that's what we do. You've been in this form and you came to terms with it the last time. You can do it again. What do you think dad would want you to do? .:

Moonstream quit struggling, but she wasn't happy. She knew her sister was right, but that didn't lessen the sting. Her body was so close, yet so far away.

She walked back to Starlighter and sat down. The humans continued on with the plan they had formulated, before they got there.

All of the bots jumped a little as the signature came online. When they sensed it on the move they all followed. Sam was chasing after the old jet, trying to get him to listen. Starlighter rarely paid attention, when people talked. She was always thinking about the next fight. She only paid attention, when Jetfire had mentioned that the only way for the Fallen to be defeated was for a Prime to end him. Although they were the daughters of a Prime, Lighter and Streamer weren't Primes themselves. Her voice lowered filled with grief as she explained how her mech creator had died. Moonstream listened to words, interpreted them, and acted based on them, but she was too caught up in her own thoughts, trying to pull herself together for the betterment of everyone around her.

She was so spaced out that she didn't notice when the old mech opened a space bridge. Starlighter did though. "Frag! This is gonna hurt!" She said.