Status: Lady in Red is RATED R! Be advised. Strong and Mature Content! Updated regularly :)

Lady in Red

Chapter 9

Work with him? Here in his Headquarter Office? Alone with him? I was nervous now. Did I want to? Mr. Dean didn't want the answer 'NO' and I could tell by the way he looked at me.

"Sir--" I couldn't finish my sentence because of the way he looked at me. I felt too little under his demonized gaze. I bit my bottom lip. " Yes, sir. Of course."

"Good," he smiled. I slowly made my way towards the little computer area with the files in my hand and sat down on the cushion chair, facing the big macbook computer. I could feel his eyes burn the back of my head as I looked through his reflection from the computer. I bit my lower lip. It didn't feel this awkward working with Jay Dean. Then why is it awkward now? I knew his eyes were still locked on me because I could literally feel it on me. It felt...strange.

I knew what I had to do to escape from here before his eyes burned me down to the ground. I quickly splattered out my files on the table, turned on the Mac-book computer and began my work. I typed as fast as I could. I could almost swear I heard a chuckle from behind me.

And then, I felt him behind me...

"So eager to get out of my clutch?" He whispered, his minty breath hitting the back of my neck and behind my ear. I stopped typing as I fought the urge to shiver in need. Need? My whole body reacted and he hadn't even touched me yet! My fingers shook.

"I..uh.." I was lost in words.

"Relax, Catherine. I don't want mistakes, you understand?"

"Yes, sir." He gave me his signature sexy smirk again as his presence from behind me disappeared. I let out a soft, quite breath as my body relaxed. I hadn't even realized my body was tensed up. I began to type, completely blocking him out of my thoughts before I went crazy. Just then his phone rings, stopping me on my track.

"Reece." He says, in a business like tone. Typical, Reece Dean. I fight the urge to smile as I continue on, being nosy at the same time. I couldn't hear much of what the other person in line was saying.

"Friday is possible. Let my father know. I will take care of the business, myself, yes?" With then he hung up the phone to whoever he was talking with.

"Catherine." My name out of his mouth sounded like a melody, radiating some sort of alien energy I was unknown to. I turned around, getting up.

"Yes, sir."

"Book a flight for two." Two?

"Certainly. Where to?" I turned around to the computer.

"Japan." Japan!

"Yes, sir. To whose name so I add in? Your father?" I heard him chuckle.

"No." Oh? His father is not going?

"Mother?"

"No." Who, then?

"Jennifer?" I blurted out. Maybe he wanted to take the bombshell as a little sorry gift? I heard him laugh out and the sound filled my ears like a melody. I smiled. I knew it. Bombshell, it is.

"Sweetheart, put your name with mine." I stopped typing as realization hit me hard. I slowly turned out.

"Si-sir?"

"Do as your told."

"Bu-but, I never flew out of country before.." I protested. Reece slowly walked towards me and with each step forward I took mine back. Until the backboard hit my back, trapping me in between that and him. I held my breath.

"Consider it your very first congratulation gift from me for being such a good girl and working hard with such talents and skills that you possess."

"Mr. Dean.."

"Are you denying my offer, Ms. White?" He asked, in a challenging tone. I opened my mouth to say something but no words came out. Instead, I shook my head. Our eyes remained locked on each other and no matter how hard I tried to look away I failed.

"Good, girl." With then, he backed away leaving me stunned and empty.

I didn't know weather to cry about the fact that I was being forced into going to a whole new different world I knew nothing about with this charming guy or smile in victory.

Japan, with a man who is now my boss. With a man whom I secretly crush on. With a man that is wanted by many, many people!

I turned out to face the computer again as I placed my name next to his for Japan. I couldn't help but to smile discreetly at the idea of being somewhere new with someone like him.

What is Japan going to be like with him? Alone!
♠ ♠ ♠
UH OH