Whispers of the Moon

Chapter Three

*Emily*

It’s almost time for him to get here and I’m having doubts. I already told Daisy how we had met and everything that happened from the kisses to him asking me out. She was so excited for me but also told me to be very careful. She came back to my place and helped me pick out what to wear for our date. We had agreed on a little black dress that clung to my every curve. I had it hidden in my closet in case of an emergency and this was definitely an emergency. I’m just so nervous it’s been a while since I’ve liked anyone like this. I feel butterflies in my stomach and moisture seeping into my panties at just the thought of seeing him again. Maybe I should just stay home.

“Stop it.” My thoughts are interrupted by Daisy walking up behind me. “I can see you’re overthinking things and just stop. Everything is going to be fine.” She was right I was just overthinking everything.

“I’m sorry,” I walk over and sit on my bed and she follows me. “I mean, what if he doesn’t like me?” she rolls her eyes at that.

“Are you kidding me? What’s not to like?” I look back at myself through the full body mirror facing my bed. I look better than usual thanks to Daisy but there is still a part of me that still has insecurities after my last boyfriend really messed me up. “Listen to me,” she grabs my hands in hers, “You are beautiful and any guy would be very lucky to have you so you can’t let what that asshole, Rick, keep bringing you down.” It makes me happy to have her as my friend.

One night, after having a bit too much to drink, I had confessed to her that the real reason I came here was to get away from the boyfriend I had been living with. After I got the letter that my grandmother passed and left me the house I knew that was my ticket to getting away from my verbally abusive boyfriend so I packed my bags and left one night that he was away on a business trip and it was the best decision I ever made.

“Oh, what would I do without you?” I hug her and at that moment I hear a knock on my door. “Come in.” I yell as we pull apart. It’s Patrick, my butler. It still feels weird to say that I have a butler or maids but this house is so ridiculously huge that I can’t clean it all myself and sometimes I don’t even hear the door. Besides they had all been here with my grandmother and cherished her deeply.

“Miss Silver, pardon the intrusion.” He bows. I’ve asked him over and over to not do that but he said it was a force of habit. “Mr. Valentine is here for you.” Shit. I’m starting to panic now.

“Thank you, Patrick please see him to the main waiting room I’ll be right down.” He nods and bows once more.

“As you wish, Miss Silver.” Once he’s gone I turn to Daisy.

“Oh my God! What am I going to do? He’s here!” she smirks at me. “This isn’t funny!”

“Just calm down, Emily, you’ll be fine.” She’s right I can do this. “Just go down there and be yourself. I’ll let myself out once you’re gone, ok?” I nod and hug her one more time.

“Thank you, for everything. I owe you one.”

“It’s nothing, besides you would do the same for me. I’ll be waiting for all the juicy details when we see each other again, alright?” I laugh and start going down stairs to meet up with him.

I still don’t understand why I’m so nervous. I mean it’s not like this is my first date. Well, I guess it might be. Come to think of it, Rick never took me out. The bastard. I have to stop thinking of unpleasant memories. Maybe he really does like me, if those kisses were anything to go by. As I reach the waiting room I hear him talking to someone.

“No, listen we had an agreement with them, if Angelo no longer wants to comply you know how to take care of it…” wow sounds serious, I guess it’s to be expected considering his line of work. I just hope he doesn’t do anything illegal. “Look, go over the details with Dmitri, he knows just as much about it as I do and I’m a bit busy right now so I’ll get back to you.” I walk in just in time to see him hang up. His back is towards me so I clear my throat to get his attention.

He quickly turns and I’m speechless. At the library he looked good and now I don’t think my panties are going to survive the night. He’s dressed in slacks and a fancy black dress shirt and he looks like he just came out of a magazine cover. I blush at being caught staring at him again and he just gives me the sexiest grin ever and begins to walk towards me.

My eyes widen as he gets closer. He looks ready to pounce on me and I’ve never felt more like prey. I open my mouth to say something but before I can get anything out he crushes his lips to mine immediately silencing me. This kiss is just like the other ones if not better.

I put my hands on his chest and slide them up to his shoulders while he puts both of his hands on my ass and lifts me up so I can wrap my legs around his middle. My crotch comes in contact with the bulge that’s rapidly growing in his pants. I tilt my head to allow him better access and his hands begin to roam all over my body. My arousal immediately spikes. I’ve never felt this with just a kiss. What is he doing to me?

I begin to take control of the kiss and I feel something inside me stir. At first I thought it was me just getting all hot and bothered but it was more than that. I feel a tingling sensation all over my body and a surge of possessiveness swept through me. Mine. I heard that word echo in my head. It was me, but it wasn’t. A sudden noise made me break apart from him startled and I looked around to see what it was only to realize the noise came from me. Did I just growl? What the hell? Suddenly the sensation began to subside and I felt myself go back to normal.

“You look beautiful,” when I look at him he’s devouring me with his eyes. I blush as is expected and he slowly begins to lower me to the ground as I feel every hard inch of him along the way. We both groan at the friction it creates. “We have to get out of here before I change my mind and devour you upstairs.” His words make my heart beat faster and I can’t help but taunt him.

“I wouldn’t mind.” I look up at him and bat my eyelashes for dramatic effect. At my words he closes his eye as if he’s trying to regain control of himself.

“No,” he finally opens his eyes and looks at me. “I promised you dinner.” He is still holding me and he leans in close to whisper in my ear. “Afterwards, you’re mine.” My entire body shivers as he lets me go and I can’t help but be inpatient for after dinner. He leads me out of the house and towards the most extraordinary car I’ve ever set eyes on.

“This is yours?” It’s a stupid question, I know, considering who he is, but I asked him none the less.

“Yes,” he grins at me, “she’s beautiful isn’t she?” I nod in agreement. “She’s a Camaro SS 1969. The first car I ever built.” That’s amazing! I never knew he built cars.

Before I can open the door he is right there holding it for me. Wow and they say chivalry is dead. Once we’re both in the car he begins driving and stealing glances at me and I begin with the blushing. I haven’t been able to control that when he’s around.

“So,” I say breaking the silence, “where are you taking me?” he smiles but doesn’t seem to want to answer the question.

“That’s a surprise, love.” He picks up my hand and kisses the back of it. I smile at him and sit back to wait for us to arrive.

****

*Arsen*

She’s impatient to see where we’re going but I want to be able to surprise her. Back at her house I was so close to losing control. Everything about her seems to drive me crazy. I guess it doesn’t help that I can smell how turned on she is for me and when she batted her eyes at me I nearly lost it.

We finally arrive at the private beach that’s near my house. I had a few of the pack members help carry the stuff near the deck by the beach and set everything up. I park the car and go around to open the door for her. My mother always made sure that all of her sons were perfect gentlemen. I lead her over the steps on the hill that leads to the deck and I hear her gasp as she sees what awaits her.

My pack did very well. On the deck there is a table with a white table cloth and two chairs. On the table are dinner plates, wine glasses, candles and some stray rose petals. Next to the table is another smaller table with our food, bottles of wine, deserts and an iPod and speakers playing low relaxing music. Around the entire deck and the tables there are fancy lanterns and more candles. With the sun beginning to set it gives everything the finished touch. I hear a sniffle and turn to find her close to tears.

“What’s wrong, baby?” I’m getting a little worried now. Is this a good sign?

“It’s so beautiful.” She’s really crying now. “I’m sorry it’s just that… no one has ever done anything like this for me before.” I smile down at her, pick her up bridal style and carry her over to one of the chairs on the deck and I kneel down by her side to me eye level with her. I see her take everything in and turn to look at me.

“You deserve this and so much more my sweet princess.” I don’t get a warning for what she does next and suddenly she has her arms around me and is kissing me. She breaks off the kiss too quickly for my liking but I go to get our dinner and wine and place it in front of us. Lifting the metal lids I see that our cook has really outdone herself but I wouldn’t have it any other way for her.

****

*Emily*

Oh My God! I never once thought that he would do something like this for me. I am speechless. The dinner, the setting, everything is just perfect. The food is amazing I had skipped my lunch because I was so nervous about our date but whoever made this really knows what they’re doing. There is medium rare steak, mashed potatoes, garlic bread, and salad. We begin to eat and he starts asking about my life in the city.

“Why did you move here?” should I tell him the truth?

“My mother forbade me from visiting gran. They had a fight when I turned five and didn’t speak since then. After my mom passed away and I was old enough to come here I…” I guess I should be honest with him. “My boyfriend at the time wouldn’t let me.” I look away from him too embarrassed to look at him. He lifts my face up to his.

“Did he hurt you?” his voice sounded strained and angry.

“I think that if I would have stayed longer he might have but when I got the news about gran I packed everything and left while he was away.” He doesn’t speak for a bit and I find myself wondering what he’s thinking.

“I won’t let anyone hurt you, baby.” I smile and we continue to eat.

“How old are you?” I blurted out suddenly and blush. He grins at that.

“I’m 32, sweetheart, and you?”

“You know it’s rude to ask a woman’s age right?” I smirk at him. He just chuckles and rolls his eyes. “I’m 25, just turned actually.” He lifts his eyebrow.

“Really? When?”

“July 11th.” I reply.

“Well, I had no idea. I’m going to have to get you something for your birthday, Angel.”

“You don’t have to. You’ve done so much for me already and I...” before I can finish what I was going to say he silences me with a kiss.

“I want to, baby, ok?” I just nod like a simpleton. Once we finish with dinner and desert he asks if I want to go down to the beach. I take off my heels and follow him down to where there is a blanket surrounded by more candles and wine waiting for us. We lie down next to each other and watch as the stars begin to shine.

“I have an idea.” I whisper to him and get up. He is looking at me waiting for me to explain and I turn away from him and begin to remove my dress. I’m down to just my black silk bra that helps show off my 32 C’s and matching panties. I turn back to him and find him open mouthed. “Catch me if you can.” Before I lose my courage I wink at him and run towards the water.