Status: NaNoWriMo2016

Keep Me Guessing

Chapter 10.

A New life being brought into the world on December 15th 2011. Exactly 9 months and two days since her best friend told her she was pregnant and 9 months exactly since she began dating Sebastian Stan. As Lilly kicked back in her best friends hospital room she couldn’t take her eyes off the new baby boy in her best friends arms. “How about Jack?” Franklin piped up.

Lilly shook her head. “All Jack’s I know are assholes. How about Connor?” She asked smiling at the infant in her best friends arms.

“No, pass.” Franklin said.

Heather giggled a little holding her little boy in her arms. “How about Ethan? I like that name don’t you little guy?” Lilly’s heart swelled hearing the baby noises the infant made in her arms she cooed to her friend’s baby and smiled at the name nodding.

“That’s such a good name! Ethan, little precious baby Ethan the most loved little dude in the whole world.” Franklin said as he wiggled his fingers at the baby. “Uncle Frankie loves you.”

Lilly texted the picture to Sebastian who was on location filming for Captain America. “Ethan, 6lbs 6oz, 25 inches long. He’s so cute!” the message sent to him along with the picture before she smiled and stood up walking closer to them she kissed her friends head. “I can’t wait for you to see the new apartment I found! Its closer to Sebastian, and your work for when you decide to go back, its closer to Franklin’s too.”

Heather smiled widely. “I can’t wait! I can’t believe you found us a three bedroom condo in the city! You’re incredible with a computer.” She complimented her friend rocking her newborn son but the aura in the room shifted as a knock was on the door and the father walked in. Lilly stood up and frowned.

“You’re not welcome here.” Franklin said frowning

“I just came to see my son, please Heather. I left my wife. . .” The man said; Heather’s eyes filled with tears as she looked down.

Lilly looked at her friend and sighed. “Frank lets, go get the baby some stuffed animals from the gift shop give them 15 minutes before we come back.”

“Thank you.” The man muttered; Lilly lead Franklin out of the room just as she got a phone call from Sebastian. She answered the phone smiling. “Hey winter soldier how’s filming going?” she asked knowing he still had about 5 more weeks of filming before he could come home and rest for a month.

“It’s good, but I miss my girlfriend, the baby is so cute. Heather doing well?” He waited for the ‘yes’ answer from Lilly before he continued. “That’s great, but uh I didn’t call for good news, I think we need to talk when I get back to New York, will you meet me in my apartment when I get back in town? I’ll text you the details if all goes smoothly it won’t be 5 weeks only 2 weeks.”

Well that certainly made her heart stop for a moment. What could he want to talk about? Oh no he wanted to break up with her. She didn’t realize she’d gone silent and stopped walking she held the phone to her ear tightly.

“Lilly? Are you there?” Sebastian asked breaking her out of her trance she cleared her throat and looked at franklin who was also giving her a strange look.

“Oh yeah sorry, sure I’ll meet you at yours when you get back to New York in two weeks?” She asked and sighed lightly. “I love you I got to go Heather needs me.” She quickly hung up before he could say anything and she looked at Franklin bursting into tears.

“Whoa, Lil? What’s going on?” He asked rushing to her side embracing her tightly.

“I think Sebastian is going to break up with me!” She cried into his shoulder.

“What?” Franklin frowned rubbing her back lightly; Lilly was so upset she couldn’t even reply to him as the tears flowed down her cheeks she just cried into his chest before she let him go back to Heather and tell her. As Lilly walked out of the hospital her eyes clouded over once more with tears. See Lilly had this thing where she always worked herself up for failure.

Two weeks came quickly life at the new apartment with a new baby was a little draining for both Lilly and Heather as Lilly had basically become the father of the baby which was hilarious but it was worth it Lilly enjoyed taking care of the baby. As she nervously paced around Sebastian’s apartment with his dog waiting for him to get home from the airport she tapped her fingers against her knees. “What do you think he’s going to say to me pal?” She asked the dog playing with his ears.

“I don’t think he’s going to break up with you.” She said in a faux dog like voice trying to sound like Scooby doo. Oh god she’s lost it! She’s really fucking lost her mind this time. As she looked down at the dog she snickered lightly when he put his head against her tummy.

“Oh if he does break up with me I’ll miss you too pal.” She said sighing lightly; Stop psyching yourself up Lilly you always do this it can’t be that bad.

Hearing the door open her heart leapt up into her throat as the dog ran to the door whining and wiggling all around for Sebastian. She stood up and leaned against the couch watching him walk in and cuddle with his dog.

“Baby?” Seb called out before he noticed her on the couch he smiled widely walking over to her with the dog hot on his heels. “Hey…” he smiled.

“Hi!” Lilly squeaked out; she wasn’t good at hiding her nerves. “So uh, what did you want to talk about?” She asked frowning a little. “It sounded really important.”

“oh it is! It’s very important.” Sebastian said sitting in front of her on the table making her look at him. “I want you to move in with me.”

Her heart nearly burst as she burst into tears holding her face behind her hands. Sebastian was confused did he say something wrong? He looked at her frowning a little. “Lil? Baby why are you crying?”

“Oh I’m just so relieved! I thought you were going to break up with me!” She sobbed into her hands before she looked at him. “I’d love too but I can’t just leave Heather alone with the baby I’m basically playing the role of daddy to the baby.”

“Oh that’s another good thing! The old lady who lives in the penthouse across from me, is moving! She wants to rent her penthouse and I told her about Heather being a new mommy and she said she’d be willing to rent it to her for what you guys pay for the studio you’re in.”

Shit he didn’t know about the new place closer. “What!? She’s renting a penthouse for 800 a month?!” He nodded at her and smiled widely.

“So you can move in with me, Heather and Ethan can move in across from us and we can keep the doors open! Since there’s only us two on this top floor it will be like a large house together! With two kitchens and like a billion rooms!”

Lilly practically tackled Sebastian off the coffee table. “I’d love that!! Oh my god I’d love that!” She said kissing all over his face. Relief washing over her wave after wave.