Status: NaNoWriMo2016

Keep Me Guessing

Chapter 1

“Get up. . . GET UP. . . Lilly!” Her friend heather hit her with a pillow before she turned to the window opening the curtain to let the sun light into the apartment. The sleeping woman jolted awake and hissed out.

“The /light/ it burns!” She hissed out and covered her face with a pillow, “It’s my first day off in two weeks, can’t I sleep in?” She said muffled into the pillow that covered her face.

“Mmm, when you have your own room in your own apartment, yes. But you are currently sleeping in my living room and I have company coming over, get up and make yourself presentable.” Her friend said yanking the pillow off her face. ‘Damn it…’ she thought to herself as she rolled off the couch and went into the bathroom, luckily her friend heather was the exact same size, and they’d been sharing everything except underwear because. . . ew, that’s just gross. Lilly took her sweet ass time in Heather's bathroom getting herself presentable. Lilly was pretty sure she remembered heather gushing about her cousin’s best friend and franklin’s gym buddy coming to brunch since he was back in New York after--…Something she couldn’t quite remember.

Lilly threw her hair up into a bun and dolled herself up like she normally did on her days off, there was a thing about Lilly, when she wanted to wear makeup, she would /wear/ makeup, that contour was flawless on her skin, but most days . . .

Lilly looked like well, a hobo. No makeup, messy hair and baggy clothes, but today for some reason she felt like being a girly girl, her eyelids were a pretty brown to pink smoky eye, and her lips nude one or two tones from normal to show she was wearing lip gloss but not trying to overpower her face, and of course she chose a cute outfit to match.

“Heather!” she called out of the room. “Where are your black pumps with the little white bow on the back?”

“Left side of the closet, third box up, DON’T MOVE IT OUT OF PLACE OR SO HELP ME GOD I WILL THROW YOU OF THE BALCONY-- . . . with love.” Heather called back to her; Lilly and Heather had a special relationship, mostly because Heather was miss tidy, on time, perfect home, Polly pocket. Lilly was, well not really that, she wasn’t a slob but she wasn’t super neat, she liked having things in place but it was more like organized chaos.

“Love you too. . .” Lilly called back to her friend, turning to grab the shoe box and carefully put it back after she had fetched the shoes she wanted to wear, she wasn’t planning on leaving the apartment so heels were perfect for her to just sit around in right? As Lilly made her appearance in the living room she did a little spin for heather. “Well?”

“Damn, where are you going all dolled up?” Heather asked tilting her head; Lilly laughed out a fake laugh as she sat herself next to heather on the other couch. “To brunch with you, and Franklin and the other dude . . . what was his name again?” at that question Lilly couldn’t help but notice how nervous Heather had gotten. It was almost like she didn’t want to say who was coming to the apartment for brunch.

“Oh my god, it’s someone famous isn’t it?” Lilly asked covering her mouth to hold in her squeals of excitement, it didn’t matter who it was if they were famous of course Lilly would squeal a bit then try to play it off cool. “Just tell me who it is and I promise not to freak out.”

“Okay . . . if you promise. . .” She started and let out a sigh and in that small sigh she muttered out. “Sebastian Stan.”

“The dude from Once Upon A Time?” Lilly immediately asked. “The man who I called a god? HE IS A TOTAL PUPPY!” she squealed and then sat up and cleared her throat. “I’ll behave I promise, I just want to meet him, I’ll leave after I meet him if it will make you happy!”

Heather released another sigh. “No you don’t have to leave, I think Franklin warned him about you. . . “

“He did WHAT—I’m GONNA KILL HIM!” Lilly burst out into a nervous kind of angry laughter. “Oh he is deader than dead, I’m going to kill him with his own scarf.”

At that moment the door buzzer sounded letting them know someone wanted access to the building to come to their apartment. Heather walked to the intercom. “Who is it?”

“It’s me let me up--. . . Now.” The sassy voice of the one, the only Franklin. Lilly fixed herself up and smoothed the shirt down sitting on the couch casually, though probably to the normal eye, it would look staged.

As heather let them up she turned around and burst into a fit of giggles. “You look so, staged. . .” See! I told you staged. Lilly shifted her position getting a thumbs up from Heather. This was a big moment, Lilly knew of Sebastian, only from the two or so episodes of Once Upon a Time he’d done, not much else but she knew he was in the business.

Lilly looked up just as the door opened to reveal Franklin in his normal get up—Tight skinny jeans and a white button up shirt, his style of clothing screamed gay, but honestly he wasn’t, he was just really into tight clothing. Behind him, there he was . . .

Standing tall as ever, with his face, and his body. . .

Lilly snapped her gaze down realizing she had been staring she didn’t want to make an ass out of herself, not to someone she’s just meeting, she stood up and walked over hugging Franklin tightly, she almost wanted to smack him when he said her butt was looking bigger than normal but she didn’t. . .

“That’s not nice, I think her butt is nice--. . . I mean I wasn’t looking but. . . Never mind.” Sebastian said rubbing his neck but smiling at the girls. “Hi, Let me just guess, you are heather.” He said shaking heather's hand and hugging her, before he turned to Lilly.

Lilly grinned at him. “You must be Lilly.” He said grinning; oh god, that smile of his was enough to knock the wind out of a woman. “Your friends warn-- . . . told me about you.” He laughed lightly.

“Yeah they warn--. . .Tell everyone about me, but nothing of what they say is true, I’m actually not Satan I’m a very nice person.” She laughed and held a hand out for him to shake, she was surprised when he passed the shake and just hugged her. Even in her heels she was shorter than him, well I should say, even in Heather’s heels she was shorter than Sebastian.

“I’m famished, lets get to eating yeah? Should we cook here or try and find a place private enough to eat with Mr. I’m ‘The winter soldier’ Stan.” Franklin teased him; Wait-- . . . he’s going to be what? The winter soldier? As in Marvel?

Lilly realized she must’ve been making strange faces because they were all staring at her, “Oh I’m sorry. . . Were you guys talking to me?” she asked grinning innocently. “My bad, I Zoned out, I was just thinking about--. . . Puppies.”

“Puppies?” Franklin asked his voice filled with doubt; Lilly shot him a look as if to say ‘shut up before I kick you in the nuts.’

“You like dogs?” Sebastian asked grinning. “I like dogs too I have one actually.” He said fetching his phone out to show a picture of his dog; Lilly couldn’t contain the squeal that left her mouth.

“Oh my god, He’s so cute!! It is a he right? I’m hoping or a cross dressing girl because of the blue bandana--. . . I didn’t mean cross dressing is bad I just--. . . I’m going to shut up now.”

Sebastian laughed and looked at Lilly. “Do I make you nervous?” She wanted to scream out. ‘Only a lot.’ But she shook her head ‘no’ looking at him with a wide smile.

“I guess I’m natural this ditzy.” She said trying to make a joke out of her nervousness.

“Uh--. . . Can we go or are you two going to just sit around until brunch turns to lunch?” Franklin asked earning a glare from both Lilly and Sebastian.

“He’s right. . . “Heather spoke up; Lilly smiled grabbing her bag and walking towards the door.

“Then what are we waiting for? Lets get our eat on!” Lilly called out walking into the hallway, OH my god. Did she just say Lets get our eat on in front of Sebastian? How embarrassing or . . . Endearing? He laughed again? Either she was really funny or he was just as nervous as she was because he kept laughing and she knew she wasn’t being funny.

At the restaurant it was private garden eating, it was nice and. . . . Fancier than any place Lilly had ever been, she sat in a chair and to her surprise Sebastian was the first to sit beside her, was she dreaming or was this actually happening? Brunch with Sebastian Stan?
♠ ♠ ♠
Sebastian finally appears.