Status: NaNoWriMo2016

Keep Me Guessing

Chapter 6.

Okay . . . why did that one little word hurt so much? Why was she pushing him away? Why was any of this happening? Because Lilly let it that’s why. As she walked her way out of her home to go to her temporary job with Heather she couldn’t help but to sigh and tug her headphones out of her bag to put them into her ear. Listening to the sweet music of the 80’s calmed her on her way to work.

Heat of the Moment by Asia came on which was her jam of the moment¬. . . No pun intended. Her brown locks were done back in a pretty braid her makeup subtle enough for people to question if she was in fact wearing makeup or if she was just naturally this pretty.

Walking into Heather’s office she sat herself down into a chair. “I officially hate you, for making me work with you. This type of work is so fucking boring I want to slit my eyes out of my head and vomit.”

“Graphic-“she paused and huffed a little. “Don’t be so damn dramatic it’s your first day and you’re an assistant how hard is it to get coffee and answer a phone?”

“Pretty damn boring, it’s not about the god damn job Heather, it’s about the boring people who work here.” She said looking at her friend. “Why do you like this type of work anyways? What happened to the wild Heather that wanted to be a gymnast, oh oh then a pony doctor, then president of the United States, or how about the stripper?”

Heather was quick to silence Lilly. “Keep your fucking voice down, that was when I was in college and I wanted to drop out, like some people I know…Not naming names but Lilly.” She stated; Lilly shrugged her shoulders. It was true she did drop out of college after only two years attending for a boring degree in business like Heather got.

“I don’t want to be a Desk Jockey my whole damn life, I want to be an artist, an Actress, a singer even, well okay not a singer I know I’m a tone deaf narwhal.” She said huffing. “But my point is valid, I don’t want to be a stiff working 9 to 5 for a company that doesn’t give a fuck about its employee’s. “

“Well life isn’t always what you want it to be Lilly, People make sacrifices and work jobs they hate to survive.” Heather stated. “And Unless you want to be a homeless actress you will keep this job until you get an acting job that will pay you decent money to help with rent.”

“Fine, I will but. I want to look at new apartments maybe something with two bedrooms so I’m not sleeping on a couch anymore.” Lilly looked at the time and got up groaning. “Duty calls for Mr. Saunders.” She walked out of her friends office walking 8 offices down sitting in the tiny cubicle she was given. “Hate my life.”

The day drug on taking calls and organizing meetings, taking the old bastard coffee every 15 to 20 minutes depending. Once 5 o’clock hit she was quick to exit before anyone would need her, shrugging off her blazer she walked towards the subway that would take her back uptown so he could go home.

‘I need to see you.’ Her phone buzzed in her pocket she pulled it out and looked at the message from Sebastian. Two days since they went separate ways and she told him it meant nothing to her.

‘I got a job, can’t exactly drop everything and rush to your side. What is it?’ She responded to him shoving her phone back into her pocket as she stepped onto the train, blue line all the way home to the stop that was almost across from her and heathers studio apartment.

‘I just need to see you, what time do you get off?’ He responded as she walked out of the underground station and across the street she pulled her phone out and rolled her eyes.

‘No. Not until you tell me what this is about.’ She replied.

Almost instantly her phone began buzzing and it was a phone call instead of a text. Shit!? Would he be able to know she wasn’t at work that she as just ignoring him because it hurt to see him? As she panicked she swallowed the lump in her throat answering the phone.

“What?” She asked as she fiddled with the key card to enter her building.

“If you’re at work why are you walking into your building?” His voice called she squeaked and dropped her keys and bag looking around she saw him in workout clothes across the street she picked her things up and folded her arms.

“Are you stalking me now?” She asked shaking her head as she sighed and looked down. “Look Sebastian. I know what I said and I know what you said but do you really think now is the time?”

“Yes.” He said as he started jogging over to her. He stopped just in front of her looking down at her. Their slight height difference was cute. “I broke up with Jennifer.” He said looking at Lilly.

“You did what? Why? I thought you two were smitten?” Lilly folded her arms as she inhaled; why did hearing that he broke up with the blonde actress make her smile on the inside?

“I thought so hard about what you said to me and I don’t accept it. It did mean something to me, you can’t say you didn’t feel the connection or the spark between us.” Sebastian said moving to corner her against the gate, the building and his body.

“What do you want me to say? Huh Sebastian? That I’m in love with you even though I don’t really know you? That you’re all I think about every moment of every day while I’m awake? I even dream of you? Is that what you want? For me to tell you I’m so fucking happy you broke some other girl’s heart? Because I don’t want to say that, it sounds completely one hundred percent bonkers and I don’t approve of it.” She said.

Sebastian looked at her his face stoic. “No. I want you to give me a fucking chance to prove that I’m someone you want to be with. I know you feel it, your cheeks flush and you get so starry eyed and lost when I’m around, just like I do when you’re around.”

Silence. He was right and she didn’t want to admit defeat, but he did have her figured out.

“One date.” She stated and looked him in the eyes. “But nobody can fucking know I don’t want to be known as a fucking home wrecker.”

“Fine. Just one date to prove that you have feelings and us being together is a good idea.” He stated and smiled in victory he placed a kiss to her cheek and jogged off. Defeated the brunette girl walked into the apartment building and into the elevator once the doors were shut she let out a frustrated scream.

“Fuck him! FUCK HIM! Fuck him for making me love him.” She screamed and then blushed when she turned around and saw the elderly lady Mrs. Greggory holding her little poodle waiting for the elevator. “I’m-I’m so sorry Mrs. Greggory.”

“Its fine dear, can you push the three?” The old lady said smiling kindly; Lilly did just that she pressed the three button that was now lit up beside the 5 button.

Sebastian Stan you are a fucking dick.

Once she was in the apartment she sat there on the couch for almost two hours patiently waiting for Heather to get home. As Heather walked in Lilly grabbed her by the arm and sat her down. “Guess who asked me on a date for tomorrow night?”

“The cute boy from accounting?” Heather asked.

“uh- Not work related, and gross you’re talking about Jeremy?”

“He’s cute, anyway- NO Sebastian?! That’s the only other guy you talk to, oh my god… Sebastian asked you out? Why?”

“Oh gosh I don’t know maybe because we fucked on his roof at his damn party three months back, and now he’s in love with me and I kind of love him. This is crazy right? Tell me I’m insane and this is all a work of imagination.” Lilly said hiding her face in a couch cushion.

“FACE MAKEUP COUCH UP!” Heather shrieked Lilly sat up straight mumbling an apology. “I hope you said no.” heather added once she examined her couch for makeup residue.

“I uh, I said yes.” Lilly said hiding and flinching.

“YOU SAID YES!?! HOW COULD YOU SAY YES HE A TAK-“

“He broke up with Jennifer for me.” Lilly said looking heather in the yes.

“Oh so you’re a homewrecker lovely.”

Ouch that fucking hurt, she stared at her friend sadly. “I’m not a home wrecker. He wasn’t dating her when we had sex, I didn’t ask him to leave her, I told him I was happy for him.”

“Right.”

“You know what Heather I fucking don’t need you judging me! You never support me anymore because I know you fucking like him too and I’m sorry I stole him but I didn’t even do anything to get him to like me, he liked me on his own. Why are you punishing me for that!?”

“Lilly I-“

“NO fucking save it, I don’t want fucking hear it! I don’t want to fucking know and I don’t give a fuck anymore. I’ll go stay with franklin since you can’t fucking stand to be around Me.”

“Lilly wait! I’m pregnant!”

Freezing Lilly spun on her heels. “Best friend say what!?”

“Yeah I’m pregnant, with my boss’s baby.”

“But isn’t he-“

“Yes…”

“Oh my god Heather, how’d you get yourself into this mess?” Lilly rushed to her best friend’s side hugging her tightly and holding her tight. “I’m so sorry I’ve been so selfish.”

Heather burst into tears and just hugged onto Lilly sobbing into her hair. “I’m so scared Lil, He don’t know yet and I don’t want to tell him, I’m afraid of what might happen if he finds out, I could lose my job or worse! He could want it and try to take it from me.” Her friend sobbed into her shoulder. Lilly embraced her tightly sighing lightly. They rocked back and forth as they sat on the couch.

“We’ll figure this out together. I promise.” She whispered sighing gently. “We will get through this together you’re my best friend I won’t let anything bad happen to you or the baby, Heather.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I hit my goal of 10,000 words today. I'm stoked.