Status: NaNoWriMo2016

Keep Me Guessing

Chapter 7.

“Hey Seb its Lilly, I uh, I can’t make our date, something has come up can I take a rain check?” Lilly asked into the phone her hands nervously playing with her hair, her eyes darting across the room to her friend who had cried herself to sleep on the couch. “Look, something came up with Heather and I just can’t…” She whispered into the phone.

“Why are you whispering then?” He asked into the phone.

“She’s asleep and I don’t want to wake her we’ve had a long hard day and I just don’t want to cause her any stress it’s not good for her situation right now.” Lilly explained.

“Alright I understand, how about tomorrow then? Saturday?” He asked hopefully.

“I’ll see what I can do okay? I’ll let you know by tonight, thanks for understanding.” She said as she hung up looking over to heather sadly she called franklin and told him they needed to have a best friend’s day today.

“Just call into work, we really need this.”

“Okay...” He said into the phone. “I’ll come over soon, is it an emergency or bad news?”

“Not exactly.” Lilly said and sighed. “I’ll explain when you get here.”

After an hour Heather was awake and Franklin was barging into the house. “I have arrived and I’ve brought goodies!” He said holding out Starbucks.

“No coffee for Heather.” Lilly said and took two cups dumping them out.

“HEY!!” Franklin whined out. “I paid good money for those!”

Shooting Franklin a ‘shut the fuck up’ glare Lilly walked back across the apartment sitting beside heather a hand resting on her leg. Lilly inhaled deeply looking at franklin seriously as she could. “We are having a baby.”

Heather burst into a fit of laughter. “I’m pregnant and Lilly is being weird about it.”

Franklin looked between the girls he had known since he was a kid. “ARE YOU FREAKING SERIOUS!?!?” He barked looking between them.

Lilly nodded her head. “I impregnated her with my monster cock.”

Heather shoved Lilly over. “Shut up, No I’m really pregnant and the father and I aren’t an item. Lilly is being a pervert about the situation and acting cautious. She even broke a date with Sebastian.”

“You did what?” Franklin mused looking at her.

Lilly shrugged her shoulders. She felt this was way more important than a date with a celebrity. God she sounded stupid in her head even saying that. “My best friend needed me Franklin. Sebastian understood and everything is fine.” She stated looking at her best friends.

“I told her she was stupid and that she should go on her date.” Heather said sighing lightly as she ate a spoonful of ice cream. Lilly shot her friend a glare while she knew her friend was right part of her didn’t want this date. She was afraid to admit feelings for the man she had only known maybe 6 months. She didn’t want to seem vulnerable with him. She didn’t want him to know that she did feel the same he felt.

Later that night around the time Sebastian said he’d pick her up for their date, there she was with an avocado mask on her face and her hair up in curlers with her friends watching stupidly funny movies together. Lilly hadn’t done something like this since she was like 18 years old in college with these two.

“Do you guys ever just stop and look around and slowly realize we are fucking adults?” Lilly asked looking over at Franklin and Heather who were laying on the couch and the floor. “I just like stop and look around sometimes thinking. ‘God damn how in the fuck did I get here?’ you know?” She said inhaling deeply.

“I’m beginning to crack.” Franklin said laughing a little. “Yes, I think that all the time especially since I have a Job, a boyfriend and a condo in New York City!” He said flicking his wrist out dramatically earning a laugh from the two girls. “Oh brother get a life!” They laughed and she threw a chip at him.

“Hey!” He laughed and sat back down.

“How about you Heather?”

“Heather?”

Lilly looked over and noticed she was asleep, poor thing was getting avocado all over the couch, she snickered and tapped her legs. “Heather, you’re getting your mask all over the couch, get up.”

Heather jumped awake. ‘Huh?! FUCK! My couch, damn it… how long was I out?”

Franklin and Lilly both shrugged unsure of the answer to that. “We were talking about being adults and you were out.” Lilly said getting a laugh from Heather.

“Sorry, who knew being pregnant made you so tired.” Heather got up walking into the kitchen to get a water as she heard the doorbell she looked at the two on the floor of the living room. “You expecting someone?”

Lilly shook her head staring over at franklin. “You?”

Franklin shrugged getting up with a frown. “I’m not expecting a soul.” He said shaking his head as he got up and looked through the peephole. “It’s Sebastian.” He whisper-yelled at them.

“Oh my god!” Lilly squeaked running into the bedroom as Franklin let him in.

Sebastian looked at Franklin. “Uh, is Lilly here? I know she said we couldn’t go out tonight but I really want to see her would that be okay?”

Heather waved him in, “Join the party its Avocado masks and funny movies.”

Sebastian smiled at them nodding. “I’d enjoy that, I really would.” He said looking around as he walked in he smiled when Lilly walked out of the bathroom wiping her face off. “You didn’t have to wash the mask off for me, I was just invited to join the party.” He said.

Lilly blushed deeply as she looked at him. “Ah, Well I didn’t want you to see the green monster side of me. Didn’t want you to think I was Hulk.” She joked mentally beating herself up for comparing herself to hulk.

“Well if it’s any consolation prize, you look nothing like Hulk, and I think green is cute, since it’s still in your hair some.” Sebastian commented as he saw heather hand him the bowl of mask.

“Apply it in a T on your forehead dragging it down your nose.” Heather said smiling at Sebastian. “Lilly has to start over!”

Lilly blushed some more as she walked over and took some onto her fingers putting it on her face in a T along her forehead and nose. “There, now you see me.”

Sebastian smiled following them and sitting on one of the chairs. “So this is why you couldn’t go on a date with me?”

“Actually that’s my fault Sebastian, turns out I’m knocked up and I kind of scared Lilly with it.” Heather spoke up, Lilly shook her head.

“No she didn’t scare me, I scared myself and I want to be here for my friend during her rough time.” Lilly blushed and looked at Franklin who was behind Sebastian making kissy faces. Lilly threw one of the couch pillows at him hitting him in the stomach. “Stop it.”

Sebastian grinned. “I saw him in the mirror.”

That caused Franklin to blush. “Son of a bitch...”

Lilly giggled at him but kept her focus mostly on Sebastian as they began asking him for stories of his growing up in Romania and his life in Vienna. Lilly listened to the stories he told of his time that he could remember plus stories his mother had told him.

“Your mom lives here? That’s good!” Heather smiled. “It’s important for family to stick together.”

Sebastian nodded. “I agree, how about you Lilly? Family?”

Oh boy. .

“Family, Yeah I don’t really have any of that anymore. My dad died when I was 15, my mom lives in South Carolina and since I’m a poor bitch, I can’t see her often but we skype when I can and facetime.”

“You love your mom?” Sebastian asked. “Any siblings?”

Lilly looked at him and nodded. “I adore my mother she’s not really a parent she was my best friend when I was growing up, moving to New York away from her was the hardest thing I’ve ever done in my whole life.” Just thinking about leaving her mom made her chest tight. “Uhm, sort of. . . I have two sisters and Two Brothers that don’t speak to me since my dad died since we weren’t fully related they hated me because I was the baby.”

Sebastian frowned. “Oh, they hated you?”

Lilly nodded slowly. “I don’t feel like going into detail, Franklin and Heather know all about this, I was uh born in New Mexico and we moved to South Carolina shortly after my dad died, because my father’s family treated me like crap. Told me on the day of my dad’s funeral that I didn’t matter.” She cleared her throat.

Heather put her hand on Lilly’s knee. “It’s okay Lil’s you don’t need them you have me and Frankie, plus your mom and all your other friends.”

Lilly smiled and nodded. “I’m not going to cry guys.” She gasped when she realize she’d opened up to him personally. “Damn you. . .” She muttered out and looked at him.

“You’re a sneaky little bastard.” She whispered to him and folded her arms across her chest huffing. That earned a small laugh from the suave Romanian American.

“I just wanted to know about you some, I shared some stuff about me.” He stated and looked at her with a grin.

Franklin saw the looks between the two, “Heather come on lets give these two sometime, besides I need your help getting this gunk off my face.”

Once the two were alone Lilly looked at him in silence. Sebastian looked around then turned to her. “Why did you cancel on me?”

“I told you my friend needs me?”

“No, there’s another reason, because this is much more than a pregnancy.” Sebastian said looking at her sadly. “Please give me a chance, if I made it weird because of the roof. I get that but come on just a shot that’s literally all I’m asking is one night together, one date and since you canceled tonight, you have to come with me to the premier.”

“What? No, I don’t want to come off like I’m using you.” She said holding her hands up. “I want to be an actress and nobody knows me so if I go with you people will think I’m using your fame. I don’t want that.”

“Lilly I don’t care if people think that because, you and I both know that’s not true.” He said looking at her sadly. “Please just come with me, if you want you don’t have to walk the red carpet with me we will sneak you in behind the scenes.” He said hope laced his voice.

Lilly looked at her lap to think for a moment before she heard her friends scream from the bedroom. “She’ll go and she’ll walk the carpet with you!” Her friends said for her.

Sebastian looked at her. “Are they right?”

Lilly sighed in defeat nodding. “Yeah I’ll walk the red carpet with you on one condition.”

“Name it.”

“After the premier we are going to get food and sit around at home in comfortable clothing so I can get to know you personally.” She said getting a wide grin from Sebastian and a nod.

“Anything you want.” He smiled and leaned over kissing her cheek; boy were they doing this backwards wasn’t the dates supposed to come before the sex? Oh well it seemed to be working for the two of them. They didn’t really have any complaints that they vocalized anyways.

So Lilly now had to plan a red carpet worthy dress to go to the premier of Gone Girl with Sebastian Stan. Boy she never thought she’d be saying that ever. Was this all a dream, if it was she never wanted to wake up from it.