Sequel: Crash Into Me
Status: Finished - Sequel Coming Soon

Safe Zone

Chapter Five

{Matt’s Point of View}

The numerous amounts of memories sat next to me in the passenger seat. It was funny when I found them, especially with how everything has been playing out lately. Like a fresh breath of nostalgia.

My phone’s GPS kept directed me closer to Katy’s house. There were a couple copies of picture that I wanted to give her, they included her and Jimmy. They were friends, even before Kate and I were friends.

Grabbing my phone, I texted Katy, as I pulled up to a condominium with a blacked out Jeep on the curb of the home.

I think I’m here. Once I sent it I saw the front door open and there stood Katy. So I pulled into the driveway and turned off my ignition, grabbing the pictures.

“Hey, you know you don’t live so far away from us. Here,” I laughed side hugging her and handing her the Ziploc bag of pictures. Neatness, courtesy of my mother.

“Oh wow, that’s a lot!” She chuckled leading us into her home.

My biggest fear coming here was if she was dressed a certain way, if I would be able to control myself. But she was respectful as always. She had on regular cotton sweats and a regular v-neck. Nothing sexy like my mind had wondered me to believe.

“Here, you can have these. They’re all copies,” I handed her the back of the section, while sitting on her couch next to her.

“Nice, oh sorry I’m a bad host. You want a drink? I have sodas, water, beer and wine?” She chuckled, but it looked like she had already had a glass of wine by the empty cup sitting on the end table, “Don’t worry it’s not mine.” She laughed rolling her eyes and grabbing a water bottle from the coffee table and shaking it.

“I’ll take one of those.” I laughed, scooting back on the couch.

She walked into the back of her home, I assumed where the kitchen was taking the wine glass with her. Katy returned just as fast as she had gone.

“Hopefully I don’t bawl like a baby when I look at these,” She laughed sitting back down on the couch handing me my water. There was maybe two feet between us.

“You probably will. There’s some cool pictures with us and Jimmy,” She threw her head back, “You okay?”

“I’m going to cry,” She mumbled, “Today has been rough and it would’ve been a really good day for Jimmy to cheer me up.”

“Well I didn’t know I was that bad of a friend,” I tried joking to lighten her mood.

“You aren’t it’s just I missed his funeral because I was away in Europe for Brett and I’s anniversary, so I beat myself up for it. Then stuff with the past today finally coming to the surface, plus Brett had his side piece here when I got home. It’s just been an emotional day for me but I’m going to get through it,” She sniffed wiping her tears away from her eyes. I knew there was something wrong. Even though she had put up a good front until now.

“Wow,” I really had no idea what to say.

“I’m sorry. Please don’t think Brett is a bad person. I’ve known about her. I kind of let it happen. Still hate seeing it though. Him and I just aren’t connecting anymore with anything. We barely talk unless it’s in front of people and we want to look ‘perfect’.” At this point I was just letting her talk. Her eyes would tear up but she’d quickly wipe them. She wouldn’t look at me either, which I knew she was embarrassed, but I didn’t mind because she had been there for me so many times like this before.

“Sorry,” She sighed placing her palm on her forehead.

“Don’t be. I mean how many times have you done this for me when we were younger. You just let too much pile on you. I’ve always told you that.” She was infamous for bottling up things to seem ‘okay’ on the surface.

My heart began to flutter, I don’t know if it was the vulnerability or that Katy, my unfinished teenage love, was sitting in front of me.

“I know,” She smiled but still had her palm placed on her forehead.

Stop. Go home. My head kept repeating, but my heart kept pounding kiss her.

I reached over and pulled her hand down, she looked at me her eyes dry but you could tell she had obviously been crying. She titled her head with a small soft grin, “Thanks Matt.”

It happened so fast, my hand quickly reaching behind her head and intertwined into her hair and my lips pressed hard against hers. At first she seemed to be surprised but fell into my lips. Her hands, now running, up my forearms.

Gently I pulled her body closer and then laid her down on the couch, my knee holding my body up, with our lips never unlocking. Her hands began running up my shirt feeling my chest as I did the same.

STOP. GO HOME. YOU ARE BOTH MARRIED. My head was screaming but the pounding of my heart was over powering.

YOU LOVE HER. YOU’VE BEEN WAITING FOR HER TO COME BACK TO YOU. HER HUSBAND CAN’T LOVE HER LIKE YOU. Faster and faster.

My head won though as she went to unbuckle my belt, “I’m sorry. I can’t.” I quickly stood up grabbing my keys and walking towards the door.

Once I slammed the door I took my hat and turned it backwards, my heart and head both racing now. I made it one step away from my truck when my heart caught up.

I turned around and jogged back to her front door, and opened it without knocking. She stood in the middle of the hallway a few feet in front of the door, one hand through her hair and the other on her hip. Her face in a shocked state.

We stared for a moment as if our consciences were fighting, I stepped into her house then threw my keys and shutting the door behind me to signal that this was going down.

Katy quickly ran to me and jumped wrapping her legs around my waist and her arms around my neck. Our lips locking in the process. My hands caressing every single inch of her…
♠ ♠ ♠
foREVer <333

RIP.