The Lies We've Told...

Chapter Ten

Alex nodded his head and walked towards me after dropping the towel that had once been in his hand on the couch, coincidently, exactly where Jack was sitting, causing it to land on Jacks head.

After removing the towel and glaring for a quick moment, Jacks gaze diverted to where the baby and I stood. He then looked at Alex and mouthed what I interpreted as 'Krystal'. Alex gave him a look as to say, 'shut the hell up' before continuing his walk to where I stood, once he had reached that point, I turned and walked into the hall, he followed as hoped. I walked through the empty venue to the designated smoking area and walked out, so we could have a very secluded area to talk.

"Is that," Alex trailed off mid question staring directly at the close to sleeping baby, leaning against my chest, supported by my small arms.

"Yes," I replied shifting my weight, "This is Hope Rhapsody Brown," He cringed slightly at the sound of my last name being in the place of his.

"Can I see her?" He asked holding out his arms halfway as to gesture he wasn't sure about the answer I would give.

"I suppose, but she's almost asleep," I replied adjusting my hold on the tired baby so he could easily take her without her becoming upset.

"She's adorable," He smiled, after studying the small child's features.

"She looks a lot like you, she got your eyes," I said with a small smile.

"You must be bummed then, you always used to joke about how if your kid didn't end up with your eyes you'd disown it," He replied with a small laugh.

"Yeah, that was before I had her, she would still be cute with blue eyes, but the brown ones fit her," I said looking at the baby and avoiding Alex's eyes. Just as I was about to say something about wanting to be with him, to raise Hope, a slightly pretty bottle blonde girl came running out the door that connected the balcony we were on, to the venue.

"Alex, baby! I was looking all over for you," She said in a concerned tone, causing my stomach to drop, I pulled Hope out of Alexs arms and walked to the far side of the balcony, away from the couple. I sat on the inside of the fat ledge and looked up at the stars while the couple argued and Hope fell asleep. Moments later, the girl stomped off slamming the door loudly causing Hope to wake up and start crying, as Alex came and sat down across from me.

"Shh, go back to sleep baby" I cooed the upsetted trying to get her back to sleep. My soft talking had no effect so, as a reflex, I started singing part of The World Has Its Shine (But I Would Drop It On A Dime) by Cobra Starship, " Not long ago
I gave up hope,
But you came along.
Gave me something I could hold on to.
Woah-oh.
[Yeah!]
Not long ago [not long ago]
I gave up hope, [I gave up hope]
But you came along [you came along]
You gave me something I could hold on to.
Woah-oh.
And I want you.
Oh, woah.
More than you could ever know.
" Alex joined in part of the way through, our voices blending together perfectly, lulling the baby back to sleep.

"So who was that girl?" I asked Alex in a hushed tone, afraid of the baby waking again.

"That was Krystal, my now ex girlfriend," He replied pursing his thin lips.

"If I had known you had a girlfriend, I wouldn't have come," I sighed letting my shoulders slouch slightly.

"Then I'm glad you didn't know," He replied with a small smile. "I really wish you would let me be part of Hopes life," He added.

"That’s actually part of why I'm here," I told him with a small smile, "I haven't gotten a good nights rest in over three months now."

"I never wanted us to break up in the first place, I was too scared of the amount of commitment our relationship entailed," He replied with a loud sigh, his breath coming out in white clouds.

"I understand that, and that was the only reason I didn't want you to be part of Hopes life, because I'm not sure if you're mature enough," I said as Hope squirmed in my arms.

"I wasn't sure either, but I am now. I was with Krystal for almost three months," He replied looking proud of himself.

"Then why'd you dump her? If you had kept her for that long, it must've been a good relationship," I said, confused by his actions.

"I don't want to be with her, I want to be with you and Hope. I still love you; it was foolish of me to let you go in the first place." He replied with pleading eyes.

"Alex, I love you too, but you can't go ruining a good thing because you see something else you want," I replied frustrated.

"I didn't ruin anything, I'm trying to make something good, but you keep contradicting everything I say and shooting me down," He stated aggravated.

"I'm sorry, ok? I do want to make this work," I replied softly.

"Then lets try, Come stay with me in Maryland, you can keep your place here. If it doesn't work out, you can come back," He replied with a smile.

"I think I can manage that, when does your tour end?" I asked.

"This is the last date for about a month, and then we start back up again," He replied, before adding, "So come with us tonight, please."

"I suppose I can, just, come with me to pack, I need you to watch hope while I get everything together." I smiled, earning a large smile from him in return.
♠ ♠ ♠
I wont be writing at all for the better part of July.
I'm leaving next Saturday and i'll be gone for a week+.

yeah.

comments are adored :]