Status: in the works

Word Girl and the Growing Envy

Chapter 26:

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************'
The group of 6 teens got a ride from Violet's mom to Violet's house and to Scoops' house for their sleepovers. Violet's mother demanded to know why they had taken a while to exit the building. They told her about what happened, just leaving out the part with Tobey's dad. It wasn't their place to go around telling Tobey's business. Violet's mom understood but she asked them to please exit as quickly as possible because she got worried.
Tobey was still a bit upset over seeing his dad again for the first time in years. He was going to have to ask his mother when he got home about it, he wasn't mad at her he just wanted to know the reason why she kept this from him. Although he was mad at his father for leaving, there was a small part of him that was relieved to know that he was still alive and kicking. But because he thought that his real dad was dead, Dean (Jackie's dad) was sort of filling in the role of father for him. He never really liked the men his mother dated but Dean was different. Tobey was also curious to know why his mother never divorced his father.

Violet's mother dropped the boys off at Scoops' house first before taking the girls and Bob back to her house. The group promised to share what they did at their sleepovers via social media like snapchat or whatever.

This time around, Becky and Jackie were prepared to stay the night somewhere. Almost as soon as they got there, the girls helped each other out of their clothes and with makeup removal. Being eco-friendly, Violet convinced Becky, Bob and Jackie to try a mud mask to help clear the pores and revive the skin after they changed into their pajamas. The girls were all glad that they hadn't used a lot of hair spray on their hair or they would be showering right now.

Meanwhile....

The boys were already in their pajamas and they were watching a movie while eating popcorn. Unknown to Tobey and Rex, Scoops had taken a couple of selfies with them in the background and he sent them to Violet via snapchat. It was on the third selfie that Tobey noticed this.

"Why are you taking so many selfies?" He asked, raising an eyebrow slightly annoyed. Tobey wasn't really the selfie taking kind of guy and Rex barely knew how to answer his phone let alone take selfies.

On the fourth selfie, Tobey had told Rex and the both of them started making faces in the background instead of looking away this time. Pretty soon they got tired of taking selfies and they just began playing 20 questions.

In the meantime....

Violet was taking pictures with Becky, Jackie and Bob in the background, they all had facial masks on still, their hair was tied back but they all had huge grins on their faces making the masks crack in some places. Violet was sending these pics back to Scoops and she posted some of them to other forms of social media.

Suddenly....something or someone had knocked out the city's power supply and in doing so it knocked out the wi-fi. All of the lights had gone out, leaving the city in pitch darkness. Becky groaned in frustration, running her hands through her hair, when the energy monster walked by Violet's house eating cables as it walked by.

"I kind of have to go.." Said Becky, grabbing Bob's waist and pulling him to her. "I'll be back after I take care of the energy monster, hopefully bringing back the city's energy. Wooord up!" She yelled, placing two fingers of her free hand to her chest and flying out the window with Captain Huggy Face. Violet gasped...

"Oh fudge, my mom still thinks that Becky is here and she ordered a pizza..." Violet was beginning to hyperventilate when Jackie calmed her down by placing a hand on her shoulder.

"Calm down Violet. We can just tell your mom that she's asleep or something...besides..it's dark so it's not like she can see her." Said Jackie, hoping that this would calm down Violet.

Jackie did want to go with Word Girl but she knew that it would be better if she stayed with Violet.

In the meantime...

Because the power went out, the boys were in pitch darkness. Rex and Tobey tried to maneuver around Scoop's livingroom in the dark but it was pointless so they used their phone flashlights to light the way.

As soon as they were in Scoops' room, Rex spoke up. "You guys, I'm pretty sure it was the energy monster that caused this power outage...I need to go help Word Girl....see you in a few." He said, quickly transforming into Kid Math and flying out the window.

Since they didn't really have much in common, Tobey and Scoops just stayed quiet for a bit before Scoops spoke up.

"So...." He began, feeling a bit nervous. "If your mom and dad worked...who homeschooled you for those few years that you were homechooled? And, what exactly did your mother tell you when she told you your father died? You don't have to tell me if you don't want to." He asked, trying to make conversation.

Although it was dark, Tobey just blinked a couple of times before replying. "Well, it was mostly a private tutor that we hired, but my dad taught me everything I know about robuts..." He paused as he sighed before continuing his story. "I guess I always saw my dad as my role model, you know?" He said as a tear slipped down his cheek. "But after hearing what he told me just earlier today...my view of him has changed....and I guess we're more alike that I thought but I would never betray Becky's trust in me...I did like the power I had to destroy buildings and thing with something that I created but....I guess I....mostly did it to get Word Girl's attention."

Scoops suddenly remembered something. He had been friends with Becky for years and he wanted to be sure that Tobey wasn't going to hurt Becky emotionally or physically. After all, he was the first person to learn that she was Word Girl.

"So....how did you and Becky happen? And how did you know that she is Word Girl?" He asked, showing that he was going to protect Becky.

"Well, I had been developing feelings for her for a while now but I guess what really made me not want to get with Word Girl was what happend last year." Said Tobey.

"I only heard minor details about that." Said Scoops wanting Tobey to continue with his story. Tobey might have left out the part where he asked Jackie for help. It's not that he didn't want Scoops to know...ok maybe it was but he didn't want him to know because Tobey knew that Scoops would probably tell Becky and it would ruin the trust she has for him and he really didn't want to go through that.

After telling Scoops most of the story, Tobey sighed in relief.

Scoops fumbled around in the dark before placing a hand on Tobey's shoulder.

"To be honest, when we were younger you were kind of annoying because you'd always be so high and mighty." He began but continued when he felt Tobey stiffen from hearing that. "Honestly, I'm glad you changed for hte better before dating Becky. No offense, but I highly doubt she would go for someone who annoys her and is evil. Speaking of that, does this mean that you're not friends with any of the villains anymore?" He asked Tobey.

"Well....I used to be friends with a few of the villains for a while but the thing is, because I was a kid who thought so highly of himself no one wanted anything to do with me so they gave up on me. And well...at the time I was furious but I knew that it would not be wise to try and crush the villain meeting hall with a robut, I didn't want to become and anti-hero. Besides, my mother didn't exactly approve of me hanging around such bad influences."

Scoops decided on one final question. "If you don't find these next questions weird.....how did you come to start liking Word Girl to begin with and what made you want to stop being a villain?"

"That's a bit of a long story but.."

(Flashback..)

Young Tobey was still being homeschooled at the time and his tutor had given him a newspaper to read while she went to eat lunch or something. On the cover of said newspaper was Word Girl who had just finished saving the day.

Tobey didn't understand it but just seeing her picture made him want to get to know this girl but he didn't know how to get her attention....

Fast forward a few months and his mother decided to enroll him in public school, and she had talked it over with her friend Sally Botsford and they agreed to have him at Sally's house for a play date with her daughter Becky.

Just earlier that day, Tobey had begun his robut rampage on the city but he had yet to meet Word Girl face to face.

After his little quarrel with Becky in her home his mother had brought him home by dragging him by the ears. (Remember when Word Girl used to be short episodes before it became a full length show? I was like around Becky's age when that happened and now I'm 21. XD I just really love Word Girl. This is basically the aftermath of what happened with Tobey)

Although he was in trouble, Tobey was dissapointed that he didn't get to meet Word Girl face to face like he had wanted. After several attempts at trying to destroy the city he knew it was pointless and after the whole incident where he finally poured out his feelings to Word Girl and she rejected him he, he decided to change for the better. Tobey quickly learned how to treat people the right way and even though he sucked at a lot of things, he learned that it was ok to ask for help and to even compliment people who had more talent than him. Tobey's mother told him that if he truly wanted to get into a good college he would have to stop his robut rampages because she didn't want his jail record to affect him in the future. And then there was his slowly blossoming crush on Becky. All of these were a contributing factor to why he wanted to change for the better and after learning that his father had been in jail for the pas few years made him want to keep the change permanent.

(Back to the present)

"So...yeah.. that's why I am the way I am now." Said Tobey.

"Well I like the new you, friend." Said Scoops.

TO BE CONTINUED..

Sorry it was such a short chapter, hopefully the next one will be longer.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello readers, holy crap I cannot believe that we're at chapter 26 already. This just feels a bit surreal to me. I just have to say, thank you so much for the comments and the follows and the favorites. Ok so for the boy's sleepover I was originally going to write that they did a panty raid but honestly, Rex, Tobey and Scoops seem to nice to go around stealing panties XD. Plus that would be kind of weird. Also, long story short the only reason I haven't been updating as I normally do is because I got distracted by watching this korean soap opera called 'You're Beautiful.' and after finishing watching it I have read some good fanfictions about it but most of the good ones aren't even finished and that's what bothers me and seeing those unfinished fanfictions made me realize that I don't want to do that to you guys, I don't want to just like not finish this fanfiction like ever. It means a lot to me that you're even reading this and even more so that you're favoriting it and enjoying the story that I am writing. The only reason I even want to finish this fanfiction is because of you guys, you inspire me to want to keep going so thank you so much for reading, it really means a lot to me. I love you guys!