In Dark Places

"Closer"

It was a sleepless night for (Y/N). She was shifting around in bed in attempt to get some shut eye before the time has come to get up. What wasn’t letting her sleep, in reality, were her thoughts. She was thinking of Kylo Ren. He had taken off his mask in front of her again and she knew that he doesn’t simply take off his mask; it was like letting down his guard in front of her. She found him to be very handsome, but she also found something disturbing. His eyes were beautiful, but empty. Despite the mess inside his head, his look wasn’t giving away anything; it was as empty as his emotion-drained tone. She had never seen eyes like his. *Yeah, he’s handsome.* She admitted to herself and smacked herself in the face. Was she really having those thoughts about her new master? The answer became even clearer, when she decided to see him again – that’s when the craziest idea came to her restless mind. She was going to see him while he was sleeping. She figured the door to his room would be locked, after all no one can disturb the master, but then again, nothing was locked for the Force.

(Y/N) impatiently crawled out of bed, put on her black cape and headed for Kylo Ren’s room. She was extremely cautious not to be seen by somebody that she enters his room, who knows what they could think. The redhead looked around one last time before she stopped in front of his door. It was locked, just like she suspected. She waved her hand and the door opened, making her heart rate increase. However, the locked door was the slightest problem and she didn’t even realize. Ren was awake. He was also tortured by his thoughts. He was thinking of (Y/N)’s words from earlier that day. He wanted to know why he was so see-through for her and what was going on in her very head. He felt her presence when she entered, but he was curious to see what she would do. *That’s a spacious room.* (Y/N) thought to herself as she looked around. She stepped towards the bed slowly and carefully. She stopped beside his bed – his eyes were closed and she thought he was sleeping. He looked like a whole different person. Pale white skin, raven black hair and perfectly shaped pink lips. *Very handsome indeed.* The girl thought to herself. Suddenly, Ren’s eyes opened and (Y/N)’s heart skipped a beat.

“What are you doing here?” Ren’ sleepy voice ruined the silence.

“I may have come to take a look at your lightsaber.” (Y/N) tried to twist things around until she comes up with an excuse – she didn’t expect to fail.

“And kill me with it?” Ren suggested.

“Come, come, master. By your logic, I should be afraid, because last night you had come to kill me in my sleep, is that correct?” (Y/N) smirked and crossed her arms, deriding her master to prove him wrong. Ren looked away in attempt to hide his slight smile, his dry humor failed him.

“Take it.” He pointed to where the lightsaber was left and ran a hand through his hair sleepily.

“We’ll leave it for another time, you need a sleep.” She put a strand of hair behind her ear. “Goodnight, master Ren.” She took a last glance of his eyes and left the room. Ren traced her with his eyes as she graciously walked out of the room. He liked the way she walks, the way she talks. He couldn’t deny even in front of himself that she was very attractive. After this visit of hers, he was even more dying to get inside her head.

(Y/N) was suddenly woken up by a touch on her cheek. The first thing she saw when she opened her eyes was Kylo Ren’s visage. He was unmasked again and he was looking down on her. She sighed heavily and covered her head with a pillow. She hadn’t slept enough. Ren took away the pillow from her, making her sigh disappointedly again.

“What’s going on?” (Y/N) looked at him sleepily.

“We’re going out for a walk.” Ren announced. (Y/N) looked at him with confusion, wondering if she heard correctly. “What? Do you want to stay inside the base forever?”

“No!” (Y/N) quickly sat up.

“Good. Then get ready.” He ordered calmly. (Y/N) fell back down on the bed.

“I still need to sleep.” She sighed. Ren exhaled deeply. He was running out of patience. With just a wave of the hand he threw the covers off the girl. “Fine.” She got up and started dressing. Despite how tempted he was to look, Ren controlled himself and turned to the window.

“Disobeying already?” He teased with the same even tone.

“If you allow me to disagree, this is not disobedience, master Ren.” (Y/N) explained as she was tying her corset. “I would call it…a delay of obedience. It looks like no one has really disobeyed you if you consider that to be disobedient.”

“That’s correct. No one has, they’re too afraid to disobey.” Ren stated proudly.

“I guess I should be careful too, then. The problem is I don’t really feel threatened.”

“I hope you don’t feel secured.” He teased again. Somehow he managed to give just the meaning to his words he wanted and still sound as impartial as always.

“Oh no, not for a second have I allowed myself this…luxury. I just know I’ll be doing my work as expected from me.”

“I really hope so, for your own good. Do you need help with that?” He turned around as he sensed the girl still struggling with the corset.

“I thought you weren’t looking.” She angrily let go of the ties. “And I appreciate your concern, but I can do it myself.” She explained as she tried to tie the corset again, but Ren ignored her. With just a few steps he stopped behind her and took the ties from her hands. She exhaled disappointedly.

“You’ve messed them up.” He pulled the ties and tightened the corset around her small frame. “Is that good?” His soft tone echoed and she felt her skin crawl. “Or should I tighten it a little more?” The words were just rolling off his tongue as he said them ever so silently, almost as a whisper.

“Just a little tighter.” (Y/N) said with an even-tempered tone, keeping her senses under control. “That’s good. Thank you, master.”

“Get dressed well. You’re already cold and it’s definitely not the desert outside.” Ren explained as he tied the corset and tried to delicately point out he noticed her crawling skin.

“Yes, master. Did the stormtroopers get the droid?” (Y/N) asked as she started running her hairbrush through her red curls.

“No, the droid escaped.”

“Escaped?! How did the droid escape the stormtroopers?” Her jaw dropped and she stopped brushing her hair.

“It had help. They flew away with a ship.”

“A ship? What ship? Is it fast? Are we after it?”

“We’re after it. Does the Millennium Falcon mean anything to you?”

“The Millennium Falcon?” She wondered. “Han Solo’s ship – your father.” She smirked as she knew how Ren felt about his father. His face darkened a bit. “That’s going to be a tough one, isn’t it master Ren?” The girl took her lightsaber. Ren didn’t say a word and she patted him on the shoulder. “Let’s go.”

(Y/N) set a foot in the snowy terrain outside the base and smiled. It was long ago the last time she felt the cold of the snow on her skin. She was used to the blinding sands of the desert, the faceless walls of the Death Star and the Star Killer Base. Her smile melted like the snow melted into water at the touch of the texture of her leather glove. Kylo Ren was waiting for her patiently with his hands crossed behind his back.

“So, where are we going?” She asked and Ren headed for the nearby forest. She followed him.

“Mission after mission and you never even gotten a chance to enjoy the snow?” Ren asked as he made slow steps through the heavy snow, walking past the naked trees. (Y/N) shook her head.

“May I ask you something, master Ren? Why all the hostility for your parents, and especially – for your father?” The girl changed the topic as he hadn’t said a word at the mention of his father’s name.

“They are the thing pulling me back to the light. I won’t go back. In order to be free of this burden they must be destroyed.”

“You think that’s the mistake Lord Vader made, don’t you? You think they are the reason for your suffering. They’re not. It’s you and only you. There’s probably still light inside of you trying to get out. It’s not your family. You should learn to appreciate family.” The girl bravely stated without even looking at him. Her tone was convincing enough, yet he wouldn’t listen. Ren stopped and turned to face her, making her stop and face him too.

“You’re brave, a little too brave and courageous to ask me these things. It is almost…annoying, that courage. Aren’t you afraid for that red head of yours?” He asked, his tone rough and unforgiving.

“Oh, I’m sorry that I tried to lead a normal conversation unlike everyone around you, master Ren. It must be such a strike for you – to have somebody in the crew that treats you as an equal, even though they’re much below you. That’s in no way a lack of respect, if that’s how you see it. It’s quite the opposite, in fact. And to answer your question, my red head is safe. We both know you wouldn’t kill me for one reason, a reason that is enough for all – there’s too much of Vader’s hands written all over me.”

“Smart girl. Is that so?”

“Want to fight me over it?” (Y/N) pulled out her lightsaber and turned it on.

“Don’t make me hurt you.” Ren unleashed his own lightsaber too.

“I’m not convinced you’d be able to, even if you wanted to. Or it’s just me being foolish.”

“Brave. I’m still not sure if I like that quality of yours or if it’s a total downside to me, a threat even.” The Knight was feeling torn apart. His feelings were chaotic. He felt…desire. He knew he shouldn’t kneel down to it, but he didn’t want to push it aside as well. The young girl in front of him he had known in reality only for a few days, but she made him curious, she made him question his moves, his motives, his thoughts. Was he supposed to obey the desire or stay as strong in his own eyes as before? To him, submitting to desire was a failure, a step back, yet the desire was burning him. His desire was the color of her lips – red, and even redder exposed to the merciless cold air surrounding them and invading their lungs. “Let’s see how well you possess the lightsaber.”

“May I?” (Y/N) looked over to his lightsaber in her want to fill his shoes for a minute and see what it’s like to fight with that kind of a lightsaber. Ren in his turn was dying to feel Vader’s own lightsaber in his hands and couldn’t say no. They switched weapons and started studying them with their eyes. “I should really give an eye to the mechanism of that saber.” The redhead said fascinatedly and made the first move without Ren expecting it. He blocked the attack.

“I am already familiar with that move, Lord Edenia.” Ren pointed out and on his turn attacked her. She didn’t fail to fight back.

“That’s a heavy saber, master Ren.” (Y/N) said as she made her attacks more aggressive and merciless.

“You seem to swing it well.” The knight didn’t hesitate to go as hard as her, he knew she could handle it. (Y/N) smirked; the fight seemed to be fun for her.

“I’m finally fighting someone who can actually fight.” She hissed through her teeth and swung the sword around before attacking again.

“You’re not supposed to be enjoying this.” Ren hissed and pushed her carefully against a rock. He threw the lightsaber aside, he pinned her right hand – the one holding his saber – above her head and grabbed her left wrist. “Consider yourself defeated.” He announced looking in her eyes and holding her against the rock with the weight of his body. Feeling her chest rising and falling intensely against his awoke the desire in him again. It seemed like her red lips were calling for him – slightly open, gasping for air. Red and soft – so inviting. He had the chance and he wouldn’t let it slip away. His choice was to submit to the desire. Letting go of her left wrist, he gently wrapped his hand around her neck. He laid his lips upon hers and hungrily shoved his tongue inside her mouth. The fire inside him was burning even stronger now that she was under his power and she was finally vulnerable. His tongue was caressing hers with thirst, with untamable passion. They pulled away and looked into each other’s eyes. They both didn’t know what to feel, but (Y/N) was even more confused than he was.

“We’re not done yet.” The redhead hissed, still holding on tightly to the lightsaber in her hand. Ren took it from her hand, switching it off and throwing it aside in the snow.

“You’re right.” His tone came out hoarse and he forced his tongue into her mouth again. This time she didn’t hesitate and she put her hands on his shoulders, since he was significantly taller than her. A moan unconsciously escaped her lips as they were
kissing passionately. When they finally separated again, the silence was destructive. Confusion fell down upon them again and neither of them knew what to say as neither of them could realize what had happened. Was it real or not?

“We should keep walking with our lightsabers put away or someone could get hurt accidentally.”

“So, challenging someone to a fight is “accidental” to you?” They both pretended nothing had happened. (Y/N) stretched out her hand and by the ways of the Force, she took the lightsabers.

“So it turns out.” She passed him his lightsaber and continued walking forward.

They both walked in complete silence with heads hung low. A word was rarely to escape their lips. Neither of them dared to mention what had happened and they couldn’t get their heads around it. But they both felt it, they knew they did and something had to be done to either destroy the desire or let it be.