In Dark Places

"Trust"

(Y/N) was summoned in the command room.

“What’s happening?” She turned to General Hux. Kylo Ren was standing beside Hux with his mask in all his glory, looking the way he had always looked for the 2 years she had served as a stormtrooper.

“We’ve got the Falcon on our scanners.” Ren rushed to answer her question.

“I’d be surprised if you didn’t, Han Solo is wanted throughout the whole galaxy. So what is our plan of destruction?”

“Destruction? We need the droid.” The masked man wondered.

“Okay then, we get the droid and then boom! We destroy the ship.”

“Maybe we shouldn’t plan that much ahead, Lord Edenia.” Hux calmly noted.

“You’re right. I shall keep quiet.” (Y/N) had a lot on her nerves. She wanted the rebels dead and she wanted it as soon as possible. She stepped away from the two men and supported herself on the stone-cold railing, gripping it tightly.

“Can your troopers bring the droid unharmed?” Ren asked Hux.

“I won’t have you questioning my methods.” Hux hissed back.

“The send them over to the spot.” Ren ordered and angrily stormed off. “Come with me.” He ordered as he stormed by the girl.

“Yes, sir!” She decided it wasn’t a good idea to ask questions, she just followed him quietly. They entered the conversation room and (Y/N) sat down on the leather couch. Ren also sat down beside her, unsealed his helmet and rested his elbows on his thighs. (Y/N) looked in his eyes and felt as though she was being pierced by them.

“Something seems to be disturbing you.” Kylo Ren noticed. The girl didn’t say a word. “May I ask what it is?”

“Everything.” (Y/N) hissed.

“I sense your anger. Why the rush to destroy the Falcon? You knew the droid is on board.” He calmly asked.

“I want all the rebels dead. I want them wiped out.”

“There seems to be a personal matter behind that hatred.”

“They’re the ones who took everything away from me. The Death Star, Lord Vader, they were everything to me besides my mother. I don’t even know if I still have a mother! It’s been two years since I last saw her.” She spoke quickly and angrily.

“You want revenge.”

“Of course I want revenge!”

“Good. Is there something else?”

“The question is does something bother you? You know you can tell me.” The girl said, calmer than before. Ren sighed and hesitated for a while.

“Nothing nontraditional, just chaotic thoughts and questions without answers.” He was talking calmly, silently; there wasn’t a trace of the anger that had taken him over only minutes ago. She observed his lips as he spoke. She sighed.

“You’re not as bad as you think and present yourself to be, master.”

“You’ve got a wrong impression for me I see.” He looked away from her eyes. “And you’re not as tough as you think you are. You’ve got your weakness too.”

“Ouch, that hurt. The Empire has stricken back.” (Y/N) replied sarcastically. “Don’t take my trust for a weakness, master Ren.”

“Trust?”

“Yes, trust. That’s what we’re still fighting for, isn’t it?” The redhead left the question hang in the silence between them. She rose to her feet and walked out. They had gotten pretty sharp in attempt to be honest and straight-forward with each other. The tension needed time to fade away.

General Hux called Kylo Ren and (Y/N) into the command room. Things had gotten pretty intense recently and they were always on the call.

“The Millennium Falcon, it has taken off, sir.” He notified Ren. This time he wasn’t masked and the way the anger was written on his face could be clearly seen.

“Do we know where they are going?” Ren asked impatiently.

“No, sir. And there is...another problem. They probably figured they would be followed, so they have taken a course through an asteroid field. We won’t be able to trace them on our scanners and the shuttles are too big to pass through the asteroids.” The knight’s jaw was tightening from all the anger building up. There wasn’t much to be done.

“Send a shuttle after them!” He ordered in his anger.

“Sir, it’s too dangerous. We might not be able to get out of there with a shuttle.” Hux tried to keep his calm tone, his master was far too angry already anyways.

“Master Ren, if you allow me to intrude you, I’ve got another idea. We can use a tie fighter to follow them, the tie fighters are maneuverable enough to avoid the asteroids and they’re also fast enough.” (Y/N) explained quickly to her master, who seemed to get
angrier after each word of hers.

“We can’t risk it. We can’t risk sending anything out there. We need a good pilot.” Ren protested.

“We’re wasting time! We have a good pilot! Look, you’ll either let them go and risk to lose their tracks or you will trust me!” (Y/N) shouted back at her master, making him think twice.

“Then it is settled, you’re flying the tie fighter.”

“I’m liking this plan already.”

“But I’m coming with you in case you decide to do something incredibly…reckless.” He hissed angrily at her.

“Why wait then?” She smiled sarcastically at him. “Prepare the tie fighter, if you please, general.” She almost ordered and stormed off to the airfield. Kylo Ren followed her with zero anticipation. They sat in the tie fighter back to back and tightened their seatbelts. “I hope you have a strong stomach, this is not going to be a pleasant ride.” (Y/N) marked with a smirk. She was finally flying a tie fighter and was actually being involved in a mission.

“Since when is crashing into an asteroid pleasant?”

“You still don’t trust me. Hold on tight in that case.” They took off and (Y/N) switched to maximum speed.

“Just remember, we’re tracing them, we shouldn’t be seen. The moment we find out where they’re landing we’re turning back and sending a team.”

“And I’ll be damned if I’m not on the team.”

“We’ll see about that.” Ren strongly noted. Despite all he didn’t want to risk sending her out on the battlefield. Those words of his disappointed her. They entered the asteroid field and (Y/N) started expertly avoiding each and every one of them, standing on a reasonable distance from the Millennium Falcon. The master was impressed by how well she controlled the aircraft; she didn’t exaggerate when she called herself a good pilot. There was definitely a lot of Vader in her, even though not by blood. They were out of the asteroid field and (Y/N) saw they’re approaching a planet. That was where the Falcon was going to land.

“It’s Takodana.” (Y/N) stated with a proud smirk as she recognized the planet.

“Have you been there before?”

“No, I have not, but I’ve heard things. I might even know a probable destination which they might choose. Solo is a smuggler, smugglers reside among other smugglers and where there are smugglers and other space…scum…there are spies.”

“Maz Kanata’s castle.” Ren concluded from the redhead’s description. “Han Solo knows her.”

“Do you have an idea what business he might have there?”

“No. Information seeking, probably. You can learn a lot for all around the galaxy from all the scum gathering there. We’re turning back. We have what we need.”

“Are you certain about that? We could deal with him.”

“I suspect we might need a bigger crew. We don’t know if he has allies in Kanata’s castle. We don’t know enough to proceed. We’ve taken enough risks already.” He hinted. Said and done. (Y/N) obeyed and turned the tie fighter around.

They landed back on the Star Killer base airfield and undid their seatbelts. (Y/N) rose to her feet and turned around, but her further movement was prevented by Ren. He was already standing in front of her and he put a finger under her chin, making her look in his eyes.

“That was very reckless of you. We cannot allow ourselves to make errors now.” Ren spoke silently against the girl’s lips. His tone was threatening.

“But we succeeded, didn’t we? I wouldn’t have suggested it if I wasn’t sure I could do it.”

“You still haven’t learned to obey. You must obey.”

“A habit can hardly be crushed, master. Excuse my boldness, but you fail to acknowledge the fact that sometimes you make reckless and hasty decisions yourself. Letting them go was one of them. I just tried to correct you because you happened to be mistaken, it’s human, it happens.” She explained calmly and silently.

“Don’t defy me. This shouldn’t happen again. Did I make myself clear?”

“Yes, master.” The look of guiltiness was written on her face – she had opposed her master again. He, however, felt guilty that he had pushed her so much. After all, no matter how reckless the plan was, it did work and yet he had her against the wall for it. Now he could read a trace of regret in her eyes and they were almost tearing up. He felt guilty and he had to get it off his shoulders. He pressed his lips to her and slid his tongue inside her mouth for just a moment, after which he pulled away. He was still afraid of being close to her after what had happened in the forest, yet he couldn’t kill the desire, the need, especially when she was so close to him and so vulnerable. She ran her tongue over her bottom lip and looked down, eyes veiled in unexplainable sadness. Ren wasn’t any less confused, yet her taste was still on his tongue and he wanted more.