Status: In progress

Zombie Queen

Chapter 13

Rowan’s P.O.V.
I woke up in Tobias’ arms, man I can get used to this. I heard a phone ringing, I checked mine but it wasn’t it. I shook Tobias awake saying, “Babe your phone is ringing.” He grabs it answering, “Hello.” “Hey man. Okay. Yeah sounds good.” Then hangs up. I ask, “Who was that?” “Just one of the guys in my other band Subdivision. I started it way before Ghost. They want to play a show in a few weeks”, he replies. Then he says, “It would mean a lot to me if you would be there.” I kiss him saying, “I’d love to baby.” Suddenly my phone goes off. It was a text from my cousin Ryan: Where are you? I’ve been worried sick?” I reply, ‘Sorry. Slept over at Tobias’. Be home soon.’ I went to the bathroom and made sure I was all straightened up and Tobias comes in and slips his arms around my waist asking, “When am I going to see you again?” “Hmmmm. I don’t know. I have to work tomorrow. Maybe Friday.” Then he says like a little kid, “But that’s so long from now.” I shake my head laughing as I reply, “It will be here before you know it. For now, I have to go.” So, he walks me to the door and pushes me up against it kissing me passionately. Then he says, “Till then, you’ll have that to think about.” I leave feeling the happiest I’d ever been.
Tobias’ P.O.V.
That phone call was unexpected. I haven’t played with the guys in Subdivision for so long. To be honest, I’m a bit nervous about it. Another part of me is excited, especially that Rowan will be there. I bet she would love our song Lady Morgue, which is my personal favorite. I took a shower and without realizing it I began to sing the melody of it. When I got out and got dressed I found the guys had come in. I say, “Hey guys.” “Well, someone’s in a good mood this morning”, Omega remarks. Simon asks, “Did you and Rowan finally do it?” “No”, I reply. “Something definitely happened though”, he says. I just shake my head and keep the events of last night to myself. If Rowan thinks last night was good, just wait till next time.
Rowan’s P.O.V.
When I got home from Tobias’ Balz comments, “Uh-oh. Someone is taking the walk of shame.” “Shut up. Tobias and I didn’t have sex.” “But you did something”, he adds on. I ignore him and go upstairs to take a shower. Ryan meets me upstairs saying, “Rowan please call next time. I don’t mind you staying with him, but please let me know where you are.” I look at him and say, “I’m sorry I worried you Ry.” We hug and I get some clean clothes and head into the bathroom. When I got out I decided to talk to Ryan Ashley again about something. I go to her room and ask, “Can I talk to you?” “Sure Ro.” I ask, “When you please a man by oral means how do you do that?” “Have you ever eaten a lollipop?” She asks. I nod and she says, “Think of it like that. Just one thing, and it’s extremely important don’t bite.” “Okay”, I reply. She asks, “Is that it?” I nod and say, “Ryan I really appreciate you giving me this advice.” “Rowan it’s the least I can do. I think of you as a younger sister. I love giving you advice.” Her words gave me more comfort than any my family ever could. Ryan, the guys, and Tobias were my family now. My life is so much better with them and I wouldn’t want it any other way.
Unknown P.O.V.
The elders were meeting with the residents of our community. The first elder says, “My fellow hybrids, as you know a while back one of our residents escaped.” There were gasps and whispers all around the room. Then he continues, “Fear not. We will track her down and find her. When she returns, we will have to guide her back in the right direction. But, if we cannot you all know what that means…. She will be executed publicly.” I really hoped that once they retrieved Rowan she would renounce her worldly ways. I would hate to see such a beautiful life cut short.