Status: In progress

Zombie Queen

Chapter 14

Tobias’ P.O.V.
I had most of the lyrics for Zombie Queen, but I was having trouble coming up with a chorus. I sat for what felt like hours clueless on what to write. Then I began thinking about Rowan, how gorgeous she is, her striking purple eyes…. Then it came to me. I started singing to myself, “Zombie Queen, zombie queen. Black light guides you, ghuleh, ghuleh.” That was it I found the chorus. I swear Rowan is my muse. Speaking of, I wondered how her day at work was going. I hope she isn’t working herself too hard.
Rowan’s P.O.V.
Work went by kind of slow today. Maybe it was because all I wanted to do was be with Tobias. My shift ended and I closed the store before heading home. When I got back there was no one home and the lights were off. That’s weird I wonder where everyone is. As I walked up to the door I felt like someone was watching me. I tried to shake it off, but I was scared. I went in the house, locked the door, and called Tobias. He answers, “Hey babe.” “Can you come over?” I ask. “What’s wrong Ghuleh?” I reply, ‘There’s no one here and I feel like I’m being watched.” “Stay there. I’ll be right over. I love you”, he responds before hanging up. Soon I hear a knock on the door and am relieved by the sight of Tobias standing there. He asks, “Are you okay?” I nod and he asks, “Where are Ryan and the guys?” “I don’t know. I just got home and no one was here.” “It’s okay baby. I’ll stay with you till they get back.” We go over to the couch and try to find something to watch. Finally, we settled on the show Sleepy Hollow, but I soon fell asleep.
Tobias’ P.O.V.
I was so worried about Rowan on the way here. I really hope that she knows I’ll do anything to protect her. Whoever is scaring her I will try my best to find them. I look at Rowan sleeping on the couch and carry her up to bed. As I laid her down I brushed her hair out of her face, she looks so beautiful as always. I kiss her forehead before exiting the room. When I got back downstairs Chris and Ryan were back. Chris says, “Oh hey man. I didn’t know you were here.” “Rowan called me. She said she felt like someone was watching her so, I came over till someone got back.” Ryan asks, ‘Where is she now?” I reply, “She’s upstairs sleeping. I’m gonna go now. Tell her I’ll see her tomorrow.” They nod and I head home.
Ryan’s P.O.V.
After Tobias left Chris asks, “What’s up man?” “The elders in Rowan’s community are looking for her. They plan on taking her back to where she came from. Chris, we cannot let that happen. If she goes back there she’ll die”, I say. He replies, “I’m right there with you man. Tobias would be too if he knew what was going on.” “No. Tobias can’t know. If he does he will end up hurt or worse dead. He’s already like a brother to us. I don’t want to lose Rowan and him too”, I say. Chris nods and replies, “Well then we better call the guys and come up with a plan.” I nod and say, “Let’s do it.” So, the matter is settled. We are preparing for a fight.