Status: In progress

Zombie Queen

Chapter 4

Rowan's P.O.V.

I woke up early to go job hunting. I tried a few different places and came up empty. Then I see this little record store on the corner with a help wanted sign in the window. When I walked in I was in awe. Never had I seen so many records in one place. The cashier asks, "Can I help you?" I reply, "Yes I saw your help wanted sign ." She says, "Come with me." Then she walks me to the back and knocks on a door. "Come in", a voice says. Cashier girl says, "Derek this girl is here about the job opening." "Thanks Mina", he replies. He gestures for me to come in and closes the door and asks, "What's your name?" "Rowan Davis", I answer.

"Do you have any work experience?" Derek asks. I reply, "No, but I'd be willing to learn." The next question he asked was, "How soon can you start?" "Immediately", I say. "Well Rowan looks like you have yourself a job. Everyone needs an opportunity to gain some work experience. See you at 8 Monday morning." Derek says. i shake his hand saying, "Thank you so much." As I was leaving I heard someone ask, "Rowan is that you?" I turn to see a tall guy with slicked back brown hair. I reply, "I'm sorry I don't know you." He says, "RoRo it's me Ryan, your cousin. We played together all the time when we were kids." When he called me RoRo I knew he was telling the truth, no one else ever called me that. I threw my arms around him saying, "Oh my gosh. It's been so long." "Too long", he replies. "We should catch up sometime", he says. I reply, "I'd like that." I hug him again as he says, "See you soon." I nod and leave walking back to the motel. When I got back I found a surprising sight.

Tobias' P.O.V.

Rowan wasn't here so I decided to wait for her. Finally I saw her walking across the lot. Is it me or does she appear even more beautiful every time I see her? She says, "Hey you." I reply, "Hello again." "Been here long?" she asks. I answer, "No. Just a few minutes." Rowan replies, "Well it's freezing, come in." I follow her in and sit on the bed. She asks, "Can I get you anything?" "No thank you. I actually came here to ask you something", I reply. "Shoot", she says. I ask, "Would you like to go out with me tomorrow night?" She flashes me a smile and replies, "I would love to." Then she asks, "What do you want to do?" I say, "Let's watch a movie." She scrolls through channels and stops on Resident Evil. I laid back against the headboard and she cuddled into me, I could get used to this. After a while I had to go Ghost had an early rehearsal tomorrow. Rowan says, "So I'll see you tomorrow night then." I reply, "I'll be here about 7." She says, "I'm looking forward to it." With that I walked home unable to keep a smile off my face.