Status: In progress

Zombie Queen

Chapter 5

Zombie Queen Chapter 5
Rowan’s P.O.V.

I had absolutely nothing to wear on my date tonight. Thankfully planning my getaway, I saved whatever money I could. Going shopping was my only option so I grabbed my wallet and left. Walking down the street I see a store that catches my attention and go in. After looking around a bit, I was still clueless. The cashier asks, “Can I help you?” “Yeah. I have a date tonight and I have no idea what to wear. I’ve never been on a date before”, I reply. She just smiles and says, “Follow me. We’ll find something.” Following her through the racks she hands me a red lace-sleeved shirt, leather skirt, black stockings, and ankle boots. Going into the dressing room I try them on and look in the mirror. For the first time in my life I felt pretty. Back home I never would’ve been allowed to dress like this. When I walk out the girl says, “Damn. He’s not gonna know what hit him.” I pay for the clothes saying, “Thank you so much.” “No problem. I’m Luna by the way”, she replies. I say, “Nice to meet you. I’m Rowan.” Luna says, “Stop by the store and tell me how it went.” I call back, “I will.” Then I go and get ready and wait for Tobias.

Tobias’ P.O.V.

I had just finished getting ready and was headed to pick up Rowan. Simon asks, “Where are you going?” “I have my date with Rowan tonight”, I reply. As I leave he says, “Don’t do anything I wouldn’t do.” I say, “There’s nothing you wouldn’t do.” He calls back, “Exactly.” Shaking my head I leave and head to Rowan’s hotel. When I get there I knock and was floored when she opened the door. She was even more beautiful than ever. I say, “Wow. You look beautiful.” She blushed adorably as she replied, “Thank you. You look quite handsome yourself.” “Ready?” I ask. Rowan nods and we headed out. I really hoped she liked where we were going.

Rowan’s P.O.V.

Tobias looked really good tonight. I was nervous, but excited for our date. I asked, “Where are we going?” He replies, “We are here actually.” We were going go-cart racing. I’ve always wanted to do this. I’ve never driven before, but back home they showed us a lot of videos about it and I’m a fast learner. Once we got our racing equipment Tobias says, “Let’s make this interesting. Whoever loses has to do whatever the winner wants.” I ask, “Like what?” He replies, “If I win you have to give me a kiss. You have to pretend you like it too.” I ask, “What if I win?” “Name it”, he replies. I say, “Hmmmmmm. If I win you have to tell me one of your most embarrassing stories.” He shakes my hand and says, “Fair enough. Pucker up buttercup you’re going down.” I say, “We’ll see about that.”

Tobias’ P.O.V.

Rowan was giving me a good run for my money I’ll give her that. Ultimately I won so I have a prize to collect. I ask, “Can I?” She nods and our lips meet. It seemed as if that one moment stopped time itself. When we pulled away I say, “I can still tell you that story if you want.” She says, “Okay.” We sat down and I begin.