Status: This story is copyrighted.

The Alpha and the Luna

Chapter Seventeen

I woke in the morning feeling excited. Today was the day for me and Ryder to have our first date. I couldn't help to feel excited. Maybe it was me feeling bad about his past or his mother telling me to give him a chance. Then again maybe he really does care about me after all.

I get out of bed and clean myself up and put on some new clothes. All my stuff was moved here because of what happened before. Images of the dead wolf and the notes flash through my mind. I try not to feel scared but cannot help it. If this person is after me then what will happen to this pack. I just shake those thoughts out of my head and go to the kitchen and see Zoey talking to the phone to someone. Once she sees me she just hangs up the phone quickly.

'I wonder what that was about',I ask myself then just dismiss it. She puts the phone down and looks back at me with a smile.

"Good morning",she says with a smile on her face but can see worry in her eyes.

"Morning",I say giving her a small smile back and get some food that was already cooked for the whole pack house. Even though I saw the worry in her eyes I decided not to question it.

"So are you ready for your date",she says emphasizing the word date while wiggling her eyebrows trying to tease me.

"Yes I guess I am",I say smiling just thinking of Ryder. Weird how at first I did not want to be near him but I guess feelings do change.

"You guess. Well Lisa,the girls,and I heard all about it from the Alpha himself. He knows that we are your friends so we were asked to get you ready for your date",she says to me happily.

"Okay. Do you even know what time he is picking me up",I ask her remembering that Ryder and I did not fully discuss the full details of our date.

"He said twelve",she says and I nod my head. I checked the time and it is eight twenty two.

'Maybe I can go for a run',I say and my wolf starts to get all happy. Ever since we have been here we have gone on fewer runs which puts her more on edge.

"Okay thanks Zo. I will see you guys later. I am going to go on a small run",I say and she gets back to work. I go outside and see pack warriors running around the area in wolf form. Some of them staying in certain areas for patrol and to teach new warriors important areas to watch over. Rouges or any other supernatural creature can get into the territory.

I pass by some little children running around and playing which makes me remember the children at my old pack and how things used to be but then again I question myself if the rogue attack never happened then would I have ever met Ryder. I go into a hidden part of the forest and strip out of my clothes until I am naked. I usually have no problem with my nudity but if Ryder figured out that anyone besides him saw my body especially naked then he would killed them. I put my clothes in the secret hidden places we keep to put our clothes when we go on runs. After I shift into my white wolf and start to run. I let my wolf take over and just enjoy the fresh air.

'Sophie where are you',Ryder says through the mind link.

'Just going for a run',I say back to him.

'You should not be out alone. Do you want me to meet you',he ask me.

'No thanks and don't worry I will be fine. No one can take me down',I say and he laughs a little.

'Okay. Just be careful',he says then cuts off the link. I just continue enjoying being outside. I start to feel a little sad.

'Why are you do sad',my wolf Alice says to me.

'Nothing. Just everything is turning out so perfect here. I just feel like something is not right',I tell her.

'Everything is going to be okay. We have out mate. Everything is perfect and no one can ruin that',she says and I agree with her.

'Thanks Ali',I say to her.

'No problem Soph',she says and after I take control again and go back to where my clothes are then shift back. After I put my clothes back on I head back to the pack house. Once I get back I see Lisa,Zoey,May,and April in the living room talking. When I get closer to them they snap their heads to me then stand up.

"There you are",the twins says at the same time.

"We are suppose to be getting you ready",Lisa says.

"Guys. He is picking me up at twelve",I tell them.

"Do you know what time it is",she says and I go check the time to see that it is ten thirty four. My eye widen.

"Crap",I say and they nod their heads.

"Yes and now it is time to get you ready",she says and leads me to my room the girls trailing in behind us. Once we get to my room I see that they brought some clothes for me and makeup. They make me sit down in the chair and get me ready. After they are done I look in the mirror and my makeup is once again really beautiful. My dress is beautiful and my hair is curled.

"Thanks you guys",I say hugging the girls again.

"Well we got you all ready early so...why don't you go and surprise him at his office",the twins say.

"Yeah I think I will go surprise him",I say and then say goodbye to the girls and go walking to his office. Guys are staring at me in lust and their girlfriends in jealousy. The men with mates don't care about other girls or at least most of them don't.

I get to the work building and walk towards Ryder's office. When I get to the door I hear the annoying voice of Jessica. My wolf starts to get angry. And so do I. I open the door and they don't even face this way. Jessica is leaning closer with her shirt down trying to show her cleavage.

"But we had so many amazing times together Ryder",she tries to say in a sweet voice batting her eyelashes. Also she tried to emphasize on the amazing.

'Get her away from our mate',My wolf Alice said to me.

'Yes I should',I agree with her. Ryder was about to say something to her but I interrupted.

"You know I knew you were a big time whore but not one that tries to steal a girl's mate",I say to her. She just glares at me.

"Yeah and what is he getting with you. Nothing. He has not marked you. You have not mated with him so I consider him fair game",she says smiling with a smug look on her face. Those words she said sort of hurt me. I have not let Ryder mark me or mate me yet but I will not show her that her words affected me.

"Yeah but what about when you find your mate. Especially if he is human. He wouldn't take it so well that his mate is a whore with diseases from sleeping with the whole pack. And so what is Ryder has not marked me or we have not mated. I am waiting because I just don't jump into any man's bed. I have respect for myself and my body. Something yourself will never have from being a slut",I say fuming at her with my authority voice. She looks stunned and so does Ryder but I didn't expect her to keep on going. She just went up to me and slap me.

I grabbed my cheek and looked a little surprised but also felt happy that what I said bothered her.

"You have disrespected your future Luna",Ryder says angrily to Jessica. Jessica gets a scared look on her face and tried to leave but Ryder stops her. The scared look on her face gets even more scared looking.

"You know I would have been a more better Luna than her but you still chose her anyway Ryder",she says...no more like screamed at him.

"No. I have my mate and you should have left this all alone and went to go find yours too but now for disrespecting me. I am your Alpha. That is what you call me and for disrespecting your future Luna. Guards take this bitch out of my office",Ryder says the last part to the guards outside his office. They come in and pick up Jessica who is screaming and kicking. She quickly turns back to me and gives me an angry look.

"You think this is over but it's not. Just wait and see...you will regret taking Ryder from me",she says.

"Well I can't take what is already mine",I say as they are taking her away. Ryder was going to walk over and do something. I can tell by his wolf. I can feel his wolf wanting to make an appearance but I grab his arm. He looks at me and I smile.

"Don't let her ruin our day. So about that date",I say to him and he smiles.