Status: This story is copyrighted.

The Alpha and the Luna

Chapter Nineteen

I saw something I thought I would never see again. The last time I did,it was back when my pack was attacked. Dead pack members. Cold and lifeless with their eyes wide open.

Five dead Omegas. Three males and two females that are turned so their faces are not showing. Seeing the bodies give me a really bad feeling. Ryder walks towards the bodies angrily and starts turning them all over. The male Omegas I don't know but when he turned over the girls bodies I started to cry. Lisa. The Omega looked just like her. It was the little sister the one Lisa talked about.

"Oh god",I said while still crying. Ryder looks up at me.

"You knew her",he asked me.

"She is Lisa's sister",I say and turn around to look away from the bodies. They were once alive and warm bodies are now lifeless and cold.

"There is a note on this one",Ryder says which causes me freeze. I can feel the anger radiating off of him. I quickly turn around and grab the note from him the read it. The words were written in blood which made me sick.

We already killed five of your Omegas.

Next we will come for your Luna.

Then we will have you watch us and then kill you after.

-D

P.S. Tell your Luna to tell you about the little presents we sent to her.

I get scared and crumble up the note in my hands. My stomach goes into a knot and the smell of blood makes me want to throw up.

"What is this person talking about? What presents",he questions me with anger.

"This person whoever it is left me notes",I say to him with a small voice.

"And you didn't think it was right to tell me. This person is after you and wants to destroy the pack",he says raising his voice. He continues to shout other things but I just ignore him.

"Sophie are you listening to me", he shouts at me and his eyes turning black.

"Yes. I am sorry okay. I was scared. The notes they were directed towards me. I just didn't want anyone from your pack to get hurt over me",I said putting my head down. My voice broken and small. I feel a warm hand on my shoulder and look up at Ryder. He takes a deep breath and his eyes go back to his normal green color.

"It does not matter Sophie because you are apart of this pack. Not just that you are my mate which makes you the future luna so you will be protected at all times",he says with soft looking eyes. His eyes show he is sad and angry at the same time. Of course he would be he lost five pack members.

"I will call someone right now okay",he says to me and I just nod my head in agreement. Then he takes out his phone and dials a number.

"Hey we have a problem",he starts to say into the phone and I just tune out looking at the dead Omegas on the ground. I went over to them slowly to look more closer at the bodies. They all looked so pale and so young. They also had all of their eyes open. I bent down and closed all of their eyes. One last tear came out of my eye.

"Come on Sophie",Ryder says and I get up. I see that some cars are here. Probably to take the bodies away. Warren and some pack warriors run over to us.

"What happened",Warren asked us glancing between Ryder and I.

"We will discuss this later. Take her back to the territory",Ryder says then looks over to me.

"You will be okay. I will be back later",he says then gives me a kiss on the forehead then walks over to the pack warriors.

“Sophie lets go”,Warren says and I just slowly nod my head. Once we got into the car I tried to rub the tears that were drying and staining my face.

‘What do these people want with me’,I ask myself.

‘Oh god. Lisa’,I say thinking of how she will react when she figures out her only sister is now gone.

‘Everything will be okay Soph’,Alice says to me.

‘No it won’t be’,I say to her looking out the car window.

“Sophie everything will be okay. Ryder and I will get whoever is doing this”,Warren says and I just give him a small smile in response. So weird how we just get along now.

On the way home I didn’t talk and just stared out the window. I got out the car and now felt scared to even be around here. I wanted my family back together again. My pack and Cara. Now I just had to find a way to talk to Lisa.

I was walking towards the pack house when Ryder came back with the pack warriors in their cars. He hurries out the car and over to me giving me a hug.

“Are you okay”,he says to me worriedly.

“Yes. I just don’t know how to tell Lisa. I don’t know how to tell her that her sister is gone”,I say to him tears filling my eyes but I keep them from falling.

“I can tell her if you can’t”,he says to me but I just shake my head.

“No. I have to do it. I think it will be better for her to hear it from me. Just tell the other families about the others”,I say and he nods his head.

“Okay I will see you later and don’t wander off”,he says and walks away. I turn to the pack house and look at it. Deciding whether or not to go in I just take a deep breath and go inside. Everyone just looks so happy and alive here. I feel like my existence here will destroy them all.

I start looking around the pack house for Lisa to tell and cannot find her. I walk into the kitchen and see Zoey and Lisa They are all laughing and joking. Lisa looks so happy. How am I supposed to tell her what happened. Zoey turns around and looks at me with a smile.

“Sophie you are back from your date”,she says happily. I would smile but in this case I just couldn’t. Lisa walked up to us.

“Yeah how was the date with Mr.Alpha”,she asked me smiling and I turned to her. Her smile dropped.

“What's wrong”,she asked me with a worried voice. My eyes started to tear up again and I shook my head.

“Did Ryder do something because if he did then I swear I will beat his ass”,Zoey says which gets me a little upset.

“No”,I simply say still staring at Lisa. I wanted to turn away,look somewhere else but I couldn’t.

“Lisa I have something to tell you”,I say to her trying to stay calm and not cry.

“What is it”,she asked me and Zoey just glances at both of us with a worried expression on her face.

“I want you to sit down”,I say to her trying to come up with the best way possible to tell her that her sister was murdered.

“What is going on”,she says to me.

“I am so sorry. Ryder and I we were on our date earlier today and I...we...found...five bodies earlier….Lisa I am so sorry”,I say crying in between words. She seems confused at first then her eyes widen and she looks up at me.

“Please don’t tell me what I think you are going to tell me”,she says looking at me with watery eyes.

“I am so sorry but your sister is dead”,I say to her and she started to cry.

“No”,she yells at me.

“She is not dead”,she says crying. The tears ruining her makeup.

“I am so sorry”,I say to her crying with her. Zoey brings her into a hug for a while and Lisa breaks out of it and looks at me.

“Where is her body”,she says still crying but now with some anger.

“Right now probably won’t be a good idea to take you to her body”,I say to her trying to get her to calm down.

“Please just take me there”,she says her voice starting to show off some irritation.

“Lisa”,I start to talk to her but she cuts me off.

“No. Don’t say anymore. She is my sister not yours. Take me to her body...her body. I want to see her body”,she says yelling at me and tears falling from her eyes.

I nod my head and we walk outside to the cars where they placed the bodies in. The other families to the other Omegas are outside with their dead family member crying. I bring Lisa over to her sister body and she looks at her body and starts breaking down even more. She runs over to her sister body and picks her up in her arms.

“No please Sara. Don’t be dead”,she says crying.

“You are my sister. I need you. We are always supposed to be there for each other”,she continues to say while crying.

“I need you”,she says and we all watch her talk to her sister’s lifeless body. Ryder looks up at me as if asking me to move her.

‘Can you move her’,he asked me through our mindlink and I looked up at him and nodded my head. I walked up to Lisa slowly.

“Lisa come on. Let's get you inside”,I say to her slowly putting a hand on her shoulder. She just shoots up from where she is sitting and glares at me.

“No I will not leave her”,she yells at me.

“I am so sorry but she isn’t alive anymore”,I tell her and she looks even more mad.

“No don’t say that. Don’t say that. We can get a witch here”,she says pacing around. Witches have not been in our area for a while and even if they were. Why would they want to help one of their enemies.

“A witch won’t help us. She is gone Lisa”,I say to her.

“She is not gone. She is not gone. She is not gone”,she keeps on repeating to herself. We all just look at her with caution. She is angry and hurt. If she shifts out of both of those emotions without control then she can hurt or worse kill someone. Then she will have more pain and guilt on her hands.

“She was supposed to grow up with a normal life. She didn’t get it...no. I was supposed to get her out of here and give her a normal life. A normal life that we never got here or with our father who never gave a damn about us”,she yells parting some words between sobs.

Then suddenly she yelps and fall to the ground passed out. Then I see a pack warrior with a sedative in his hands. Made me feel bad they had to knock her out but it had to be done. I turn my head to see almost every pack member was out watching what was going on.

“Okay everyone get back to your houses”,he says and they all turn around and leave back to their houses. Someone takes Lisa back to the pack house. Ryder also talks to the other Omegas families and they return home crying. Mourning over their lost one.

Ryder then tell the pack warriors to take the bodies away and get them prepared for burial. We have someone on the territory to take care of burial preparations. After Ryder then walks up to me.

“I have something important to tell you”,he says with his face in serious mode.

“What is it”,I look up at him with my tear stained face.

“One of the bodies. The Omegas. When we were showing them to the families. One body was never claimed”,he says and I started to get confused.

“What does that mean”,I asked him.

“His scent. It smelled like your old pack. We think we know who killed the old Omegas and is targeting you”,he says and I turn my full attention to him with my eyes wide.

“Who.”

“My brother.”