Status: Complete.

Don't Threaten Me With a Good Time

Champagne, Nitrate, Gasoline

Brendon sits at a busy bar as a full moon hangs high in the sky. It’s a gay bar, and he’s there for the free drinks and energy. Male energy is infectious to the musician for some reason. He takes out a small bag from his pocket and removes the last designer drug artfully crafted by his dealer. He places it on his tongue and lets it dissolve. The music starts to sound better; each beat Brendon feels pump through his nerves. The strobe lights alternate; going from dim to bright and back again. He lets his eyes shut as he absorbs everything around him.
Then he feels something come near him, it causes the hair on his arms to stand on end. He looks to see a man with dirty blonde hair tied up in a ponytail. He has a small beard and soft green eyes. There’s multiple colors he emits, ranging from cool blues to hot reds. There’s a warmth in the pit of this musician’s stomach; he definitely wants to feed off him. He sizes up the man quickly; he’s wearing a quarter sleeve white shirt and a lengthy black chiffon skirt. Well this intrigues the musician even more.
The chiffon skirt guy speaks, “Hey, can I buy you a drink?”
Brendon subtly bites his lip and says, “Sure, I’d like that.”
He orders up a few drinks, and Brendon just watches the energies dancing around the man’s body. Each pulsing color makes Brendon’s mouth water. As soon as the bartender places the drinks down, the musician is quick to take a sip, trying to avoid the urge to jump his bones. He would never let himself do that, though, because his mind just goes back to his wife. Course a couple touches of the skin are harmless, but Brendon isn’t sure about the control he has at least around this individual.
“So,” The man starts, “you come here often? The name’s Emmett by the way.” He sticks out a hand and Brendon is quick to grab it.
“Brendon, and eh not too often.”
“Same here.” Emmett takes a sip of his drink, “The atmosphere is pretty comfortable.”
Brendon takes a note of his skirt again, “Other men might take a swing at you in any other plain bar. Those fuckers have no respect.” He takes a drink.
“Yeah exactly, but even here sometimes I get glances. It’s not as bad, though.”
Brendon turns his body to face Emmett, having his knees slightly touch his. Emmett turns a bit as well, so their legs are brushing against each other. The musician smirks, watching the man’s energies beat warmer.
“Ah shit, I know we’ve only met, but you should come to my party.” Brendon says. That would be the best place to feed, plus the more the merrier.
“I’m down for a party.” Emmett grins
The musician takes out his phone, “Let’s exchange numbers, yeah?”
“Definitely.” The man replies, getting his phone out of a small purse.
They exchange numbers, and Brendon says, “It should be a good time, and don’t forget your skirt.” He winks.
Emmett raises his eyebrows, “Well since you like it.” He leans in closer to the musician.
Before their lips can touch, Brendon dodges the kiss and his lips lightly graze the man’s neck. He breathes in his scent; it’s a light and sweet perfume.
Emmett giggles, “You’re a tease.”
“Mmm, yeah. Femininity is sexy on you.” He whispers in his ear.
“Wanna take this to the back?” Emmett suggests. Suddenly, his phone rings, “Ah hold on.” The man gets up from the bar and walks a few feet away to take his call.
Oh, we might take it somewhere eventually, Brendon thinks. He finishes his drink and after about a minute, Emmett comes back with a disappointed look on his face.
“Gotta get going unfortunately.” He says, quickly getting out cash to pay the bartender.
“Ah too bad. See you at my party, though.” Brendon replies with certainty.
“Of course.” He smiles and proceeds to leave the bar.
Brendon checks his phone and remembers his dealer would be coming by to drop off more mysterious drugs. Any sane person may think it’s sketchy service if the stuff being ingested or inhaled didn’t have a name, but Brendon couldn’t get enough of it. It’s the only thing that can affect him the way he wants, and lately, he just needs more and more of it.
A text soon glows on his screen, ‘Meet me outside in one minute. - Jay’
Brendon takes his time getting up and walking past the crowd of mostly men. The lights illuminate the bodies surrounding him. Some are holding each other and others sway to the music. Everyone’s auras glow, and with each passing step, Brendon can feel a draw in several different directions. The warm and cool energies hit the musician’s body in gusts. God, he could tear this place down and take every soul with him. These thoughts aren’t questioned, but accepted. He knows he’s not quite human; like he’s in a shell surrounded by puppets. He could easily cut at these people’s strings and watch their lives drift away.
He gets to the door and sees a dark aura slowly step in. He knows it’s his dealer immediately. He doesn’t question it, however. He always figured there was something dark about Jay, it’s only now that his aura radiates an absence of light.
Jay opens his coat and passes Brendon the drugs. The musician places the bag in his breast pocket. He gets out his wallet and hands Jay a couple hundred bucks. As his dealer takes the money, Brendon grabs his hand and pulls him in. The dark gust of chilling energy washes over Brendon and it’s intriguing. He questions whether or not it would be satisfactory. He likes feeding off colors so much; and this is the complete opposite of that. Not that he’d feed off someone essential. He’s too thankful for the drugs to hurt him.
“What are you doing?” Jay says, acting slightly embarrassed.
Of course the distance between them now could be deemed unprofessional, but the musician wants to linger just a tad bit longer. He lets Jay put the money in his jacket pocket and Brendon’s hand graces his dealer’s neck. He laughs, he likes fucking with him.
“Mmm nothing. This proximity is pretty casual in a place like this. Also,” His mouth gets closer to his ear, “You should come to my party. Bring some of that good shit for everyone, huh?” Brendon can be charitable, plus the thought of everyone tripping on the same thing amused him.
“That will cost extra.” Jay says.
“And rightfully so. I’ll pay you the night of.”
“Okay, and no I don’t plan on staying. It’s a quick exchange and exit. You should know how tight-nit this job is. The boss could have my head, or others.”
“Cops and shit, listen,” Brendon grabs his shoulder, “I won’t let anything fuck with you. Please come stay a while, then leave. Come, come, and leave.” He giggles deviantly.
Jay emits a slight disgust, “Not by your hand, man. But fine.”
“Ah, too bad. I’m a good fuck, but whatever.” Brendon says, shrugging.
Jay shakes his head and starts backing up, “Gotta go. Text me the information.”
“Kay.” Brendon replies, as he watches Jay’s quick exit.

~~~

Through forgotten nights and business as usual, Brendon is still ecstatic about having a party at his house. Even though it’s not terribly roomy, he has an estimate of about thirty people coming by. He views messages every once and a while to see an abundance of unfamiliar names compared to friends. He lets any worry of the unknown slide since friends of friends could be the only explanation.
It’s the evening before, and both Sarah and Brendon are setting up early. Sarah gathers up Penny and Bogart’s chew toys and places them in a box.
She says, “You think the dogs will be fine at Zack’s?”
“Oh for sure,” Brendon starts, putting bottles of champagne away, “the pups enjoy his company, plus two very hyper dogs running around thirty some odd people would definitely cause a shit storm.”
“That is very true.” Sarah finishes.
Half an hour goes by and there’s a knock at the door.
Brendon says, “Zack, probably.” He rushes over and opens the door revealing the bodyguard himself.
“Alright, here to pick up the kids.” He says.
Sarah opens the backyard door and calls the dogs. The rush in and greet Zack, jumping up on him. Sarah brings over the box of toys and sets it by the front door.
“Sorry for making you babysit, man.” Brendon says.
“It’s cool, I can miss out on one party.” The bodyguard shrugs, “But maybe collect a couple of girl’s numbers for me?”
“God, we’ll see, dude.” Brendon briefly laughs.
Zack places the leashes on the dogs and also grabs the box of toys, “See ya guys.”
Sarah and Brendon give their goodbyes and proceed to finish tidying up the house. Sarah then gets a call and Brendon wonders if it’s from Linda. He had invited both her and Spencer to come by, but at the time they were unsure of plans.
Sarah finishes the call and looks over to Brendon, “That was Linda. She and Spencer won’t be able to come tomorrow.” She pouts.
“Damn.” Brendon says.
“Yeah. Maybe if tomorrow is a success, we can have more house parties. Plus, we should go out with them for a dinner date sometime soon anyway.”
“For sure.” Brendon finishes.

~~~

It’s the next evening, and a different type of electricity is in the air. It’s a mix of excitement, anticipation, and a full moon. Sarah is wearing an off the shoulder black dress and Brendon supports a pair of black pants and a flowy white button up. The musician’s outfit doesn’t stop there as he looks through a trunk of old props he has for old custom costumes.
“You look fine, Brendon.” His wife says sitting at the edge of the bed, placing in her earrings.
“I’m just finding the finishing touches- aha!” He says, taking out a black top hat and a walking cane. He turns to look at Sarah.
She attempts to hold back a laugh, “You wouldn’t consider that over-dressing?”
“Nope, I think these things work well together.” He adjusts the hat on his head as he flips the cane around.
Sarah lets out a giggle anyway and Brendon sits next to her. He sets the cane down and wraps his arms around her waist, letting his chin sit on her shoulder. He looks at the both of them in the mirror and tosses the hat off. His lips are quick to collide with her neck. Sarah lets out a pleased hum as she turns her body to kiss him. It’s deep and hot, and Brendon’s senses start to perk up. The sun hasn’t completely set yet, but he could feel the dark energy begin to rise in the core of his being. His lips crash against her neck once more as his hands graze her body.
“Bren…” She gets out under her breath.
“Mmm?” He wraps his arms around her again as they both look at each other in the mirror.
“Guests should arrive any minute.” Her fingers touch the side of his face.
He buries his face in the nape of her neck, “I know.” There’s a fresh, bright energy radiating from Sarah’s body. He struggles to let her go as all the memories over the last few months flow through his mind.
The musician lets his urges briefly shine through as one of his arms pulls her in from the side. His tongue briefly sweeps up the side of her neck as he cups one of her breasts. Her head goes back, eyes shut, as a mix of a moan and laugh escapes her lips. He looks in the mirror, and his eyes briefly glow yellow.
He shakes it off and says, “Okay, okay, I’m done, I swear.” He stands up and helps her off the bed. He puts back on his hat, and grabs the cane before exiting the room.
He goes into the livingroom and plugs his phone into the speakers. He turns up the volume; the music of his good friend Dillon Francis fills the house. The doorbell rings and Brendon is eager to set the bar high tonight. He lets in his friends and they compliment his attire. He thanks them graciously, but lacks the earnesty to back it up. Sarah is soon enough walking out and greeting everyone. Unfortunately, she won’t see much of this party. While she’s preoccupied letting people into their home, Brendon is quick making her a drink; crushing and slipping some sleeping pills inside.
He walks up behind her and says, “Babe.”
She jumps slightly, “Gosh you startled me.” She turns to face him.
“Got you a drink.” He says. She takes it and is quick to raise the glass to her lips.
She says, “Thanks babe.”
“Course.” He finishes, giving her a quick kiss on the cheek.
It won’t take long until Sarah goes to sleep. Brendon has to be careful and not feed in front of her. He’s been feeling weak lately. Maybe he should have consumed the chiffon skirt guy when he had the chance. Well, he knows he’s coming tonight, so that should be a treat.

~~~

Jake looks in the mirror thoroughly tying his tie for Brendon’s party. Kenneth sits on the couch and recalls the events leading up to his permanent stay in his friend’s apartment. As much as he tells himself he’s apathetic, there was nothing but rage at his now ex-girlfriend. The pestering and attention seeking drove him up the wall, so he made sure she never flew out to LA. She didn’t take that very well, and told him to never speak to her again. Good.
Jake turns around and looks at Kenneth, “Do I look alright?”
“Are you dressing to impress this evening?” The shorter man asks.
Jake smirks, “Well, maybe.” He’s quick to turn back around and fix his hair.
Kenneth gets up and goes to the kitchen to grab a bottle of beer. Somehow alcohol still affects him… slightly.
Jake walks over to the couch now, lying down across it; gently setting his head on the armrest so he doesn’t mess up his hair. He’s been thinking about Brendon for months in the most terribly explicit of ways. What definitely didn’t help was Brendon asking Jake if he wouldn’t mind co-producing his upcoming album. So much time he’s gunna spend with The Chosen One.
Kenneth grabs the serum at the end of the countertop. Cloud explained that this concoction would help Brendon remember who he is. This task is the only reason why Kenneth even tolerates going to the party. He hopes it’s a get in, get out situation. Jake, however, makes these hopes feel fairly non-existent.
“God,” Jake starts, “I want Brendon to bend me over and fuck me raw.”
Kenneth pauses, “Okay.”
Jake sits up, “For real though. I can’t stop thinking about it.”
“As long as you don’t, at any point, jack off on the couch. I can give less of a shit about your sexual fantasies.”
“C’mon,” Jake looks at Kenneth, “You never thought about it at least once.”
Kenneth pauses, “We’re black eyed demons, we all have a certain draw to him. I certainly wouldn’t act on it.”
“Uh huh, tell me you’ve never kissed him, which I honestly, not gunna lie, would be slightly jealous of-”
“One time. We were out drinking on one of the full moons.”
Jake’s mouth falls open, “Well I doubt that would happen again. Pretty sure he’s attracted to taller men anyway.”
Kenneth can feel a ping of annoyance from that comment, “Let’s go.”
When they arrive at Brendon’s house, they note how many people are there. The door is open and the faint sound of music can be heard.
“Didn’t think this many people could fit in his house.” Jake says
“I don’t think they can.” Kenneth replies.
The music grows louder as the pair tries to move past the individuals crowded around the front door. They both walk into the kitchen area and see Brendon with a drink in his hand.
“Keep it in your pants, Jake.” Kenneth says.
“Shut up.” Jake says. Realistically, it’s going to be a difficult task.
“Hey, man.” Kenneth says, putting on a fake smile walking towards Brendon.
Brendon is quick to make eye contact, “Hey, Kenny. Glad you could make it.” He winks and then looks at Jake, “Good to see you too.” There’s a constant smirk.
It’s starting to dive Jake a little crazy, but he tries to calm down.
Kenneth says, “Hey, man, I can refill your drink if that’s cool.”
“Sure, thank you.” Brendon says handing his glass to his fellow bandmate.
He didn’t realize it would be this easy, but Kenneth quickly empties the contents of the elixir into Brendon’s glass and grabs the closest bottle of champagne.
“So, can’t wait to judge some of your next hit singles.” Jake says to Brendon.
Brendon briefly laughs, “It’s gunna be a good time, man. I trust the hell out of your judgements.”
Kenneth comes back with Brendon’s drink and hands it to him rather swiftly. He gives Jake a quick nod, and he takes that as the mission already being completed.
“Thanks, man.” Brendon says, before taking a big drink, “Anyway, enjoy your evening. Grab a couple of drinks, make out with a few faces, it’s gunna get crazy.” He departs, briefly giving Jake a pat on the shoulder.
Jake turns around, just watching Brendon leave. His eyes fall to the lower half of Brendon’s body. Man, he has such a nice ass, he thinks.
“Well,” Kenneth starts, “mission complete. Let’s bounce.”
“Dude, we can’t leave yet.” Jake protests.
“What, you wanna stay just to stalk Brendon the whole night?”
Jake gets annoyed, “No, not just that. C’mon let’s live a little.”
“The irony.” Kenneth replies.
Jake rolls his eyes and goes into the kitchen to grab a drink. While he’s there, however, he sees a man seemingly suspicious looking. It’s gut instinct, but he quickly flashes his black eyes in the man’s direction. He notes a dark aura around the individual. He has to be a demon. Course, demon’s aren’t uncommon in public, but Jake wonders how he knows Brendon. He brings himself back over to Kenny with a drink in his hand and says, “There’s a demon in the kitchen.”
“You flashed your eyes in public?” Kenneth questions, “Someone could have seen.”
“It was so quick, and… wait a minute it sounds like you care.”
“So this demon in the kitchen, what’s he look like?”
Jake frowns at Kenny’s avoidance of what he just said and continues, “He has dark skin, a goatee, and he’s wearing all black.”
“That sounds like Brendon’s dealer, actually. I’d seen a guy kinda like that months ago giving Brendon who knows what.”
“Should we worry about him? I don’t remember seeing his face in the council.”
“Nah, I doubt we should worry. He’s probably just any damned soul doing what he can to get some bucks.”
“Yeah, you’re probably right.” Jake says.
Speaking of Brendon’s dealer, they see him walking into the living room possibly offering individuals some sort of substance.

~~~

Brendon is only two drinks in and he has yet to place an experimental drug on his tongue. He’s standing in the backyard, watching as friends and strangers take a dip in his pool. Before he can go find his dealer, he immediately spots the chiffon skirt guy. It isn’t too surprising that the musician can’t remember his name, because the only thing that truly stuck out was the man’s attire. Tonight he has a similar outfit, except with a lengthier skirt and a grey v neck.
He makes eye contact with Brendon immediately and says, “Hey!” He walks over to the musician.
“Hey, good to see you… Emmett?” Brendon guesses.
“Yeah!” He brings Brendon into a side hug.
When they separate from the hug, a rush of energy pricks at Brendon’s senses. Emmett, and just about everyone else’s auras, are caught in the musician’s vision. Usually it only gets half as intense just from the drugs, but this must be something else. He dismisses any reason why, because all he can think about is his hunger. He didn’t want to feed on Emmett, at least not yet.
He says, “I’m gunna move inside for a bit.”
“Alright, I’ll be hanging out here for a while. I dig the outfit by the way.”
Brendon tips his hat, “Ditto.” He winks and proceeds to make his way inside.
He sets his cane by the couch as he plops down between unfamiliar faces.
He exclaims, “You guys having a good time?”
There’s a variety of responses, all seeming positive. When the two individuals on either side of him seem calm and a bit out of it, he slides his hands up the very bottom of their shirts just to reach the beginning slivers of their skin. He can feel the familiar small growth of his nails, and sinks the sharp tips into their flesh. He can feel their energies seeping into his veins. Fuck, he loves this feeling. He could touch himself if there wasn’t as many people around.
His nails soon enough retract as he watches an already fairly drunk Emmett strut in. He makes eye contact with Brendon and the musician waves.
Emmett says, “Hey, I wanna make a bet with you.”
Brendon slowly gets up, “Oh, what might this bet be?”
“Who can drink 5 glasses of champagne the fastest.”
Brendon can feel the engagement of the individuals around him, “Oh, be careful of your confidence, we’re drawing a crowd.”
“Even better. I’m feeling pretty confident.”
Brendon starts to gather empty glasses from individuals all around him. No one seems to protest too much.
The musician asks, “What happens to the loser?” He places the glasses on the table in front of the couch.
“The loser has to wear a pair of heels.”
Brendon snickers, “Your pair of heels?”
“Yes.” Emmett smirks.
“What would happen if I won?”
“I’ll wear pants. I hate pants.”
They both shake on it and one of the guests volunteers to retrieve a bottle of champagne. The men face each other from across table, each with five full glasses of the bubbly
The same person who brought in the bottle says, “Ready, set, go!”
Course he could beat this man, but he wants to amuse him instead. They’re neck and neck till Brendon takes one extra pause and Emmett gets his last drop down first. There’s cheers and some sighs in the room.
Brendon acts like he’s so defeated, “Dammit.”
Emmett is quick to take off his shoes and Brendon doesn’t hesitate slipping them on. He stands up with the utmost grace and says, “I can definitely make these babies work.”
The musician places a hand on Emmett’s shoulder and his mouth falls close to his ear, “You just wanted to see me in these, I’m definitely not mad.”
He leaves Emmett hanging while he walks back outside. There he spots Jay and makes his way over to him.
“You passed out some good stuff this evening?”
“You gotta pay me first.” Jay says.
“Buzzkill.” He reaches in his back pocket and brings out a few hundreds.
They make the exchange and Jay says, “Shit you just carried a couple hundreds in your back pocket? Someone could have snached that.”
“No one here is that smart.” He gives him a quick smirk before he walks back inside.
All of the sudden, he feels a deep thump in his chest. There’s a rush in his veins, and his body starts to feel heavy. He quickly walks into the bathroom and thankfully it’s not preoccupied. His body starts shaking slightly as his vision bursts in and out from bright to dark. Hidden memories start flooding his brain: his death, rebirth, and hell. His skin crawls as a pain shocks his system through his skull, fingertips, and feet. Through the pain, there’s a euphoric feeling that cradles his dark soul. The overwhelming sensations are calmed as he looks in the mirror. Two small gray horns protrude from his forehead. His eyes are glowing yellow, and two pairs of his teeth are sharp and elongated. Patches of his skin are a heavy heavy grey color and his nails are obsidian black. He begins to laugh, almost maniacally, at his reflection. Oh, Patrick and Tyler couldn’t get rid of him that easily.
♠ ♠ ♠
because of how long this is, i basically had to split it in two. second part will come hopefully soon yay!