What You Can't Have, You Can't Resist

"Billie, I don’t want to go home-not yet."

I guess that he probably meant it as no more of a friend thing, but it blew me away. About as much as it had last night in that dare game.

He pulled his lips away from my cheek, and I saw him blush gently. I smiled sheepishly, waving at him as I walked down the corridor towards the elevator. I punched the button and the elevator came practically straight away.

I waited in there until it reached the floor my suite was located on. I shifted my feet slowly towards the door of the room. I dreaded what my Mom and Bruce would say to me. I reached the door though stopping outside of it.
“Good luck.” I whispered to myself, hoping it would bring me luck once again. I knocked on the wooden door, hearing Bruce calling my mother to tell her someone was at the door. Why doesn’t the lazy ass get up and open it himself?

Suddenly, the door was flung open to reveal my mother; her eyes bearing straight into my own.
“Laura, where the hell have you been?!” she screamed as I walked in. I looked around, confused as all our suitcases were packed up and in the living area.
“What the fuck?” I gawked, my eyes wide. We’re not leaving for like another week…
“Danny’s really sick and he wants to go home, so we’re leaving early,” Mom explained, going back to picking up the last few items of ours and throwing them into a half-empty bag.
“But we can’t leave! Not yet-we’ve only been here for three days!” I cried, tears started to drip down my face. Mostly because I knew that if I left like, now, that I’d never see Mike, Tré or Billie Joe again, except for on TV.
“Laura, don’t be so damn selfish! Your poor brother is sick and all you care about it yourself and your happiness! We’d be doing the same if it were you who was you-” my Mom argued.

Fuck this.

“Bullshit. Complete bullshit Mom. You know you wouldn’t,” I screamed, hot salty tears now streaming freely down my face.
“Don’t you dare talk to your mother like that you little cunt!” Bruce bellowed from behind me.

Why the hell am I always targeted?

“I can’t fucking take this anymore! Ever since Dad died, your whole damn world is Danny. Danny, Danny, Danny. I don’t even fucking matter anymore to you, do I Mom? Well, have it your way. I’d rather backpack my way to Birmingham anyway!” I spat, grabbing my suitcases and leaving the suite. I slammed the door shut on my way out, only it was re-opened by my Mom.
“Laura Elizabeth Kidman, get back here! NOW!” she hollered. I again ignored her, jogging towards the elevator. She and Bruce tried to follow though the doors shut before they reached it. I had to go back to Green Day’s suite anyway as I’d left my guitar there accidentally. However, I really didn’t want them to see me crying or know that I had been doing so.

The elevator came to a halt and I belted it down the corridor as I knew mom and Bruce wouldn’t be far behind. I finally got to the correct suite and banged as loud as I could on the door. If the guys didn’t let me in soon, I’d been taken home for sure.

And home was the last place I wanted to go at that moment.

Eventually, the door swung open to reveal a dumbfounded Billie Joe.
“Laura, what the fu-” he started, but I just threw my arms around him, sobbing into his chest.
“Don’t let them take me away Billie… please… please…” I choked, his t-shirt becoming damp from my tears. He pulled me inside, shutting the door as he did so. Billie Joe continued to hold me in his arms, rubbing my back soothingly even though he was still very confused.
“Shh Lau, its okay you’re safe here with me. Who’s going to take you away?” he cooed gently into my ear.
“My f-family. They’re about t-to leave e-early,” I continued to sob, clinging to him even tighter.
“Why? I thought you were still here for another week?” he pondered, rubbing soft circles onto my back.
“Because my brother’s sick and wants to go home, and since he’s favouritised by my parents, they do whatever he wants to do. Billie, I don’t want to go home-not yet. I physically can’t go home yet,” I whispered, coughing a bit as well.
“I know, I know Lau. But you’ve got to calm down a bit Laura or you’re going to end up having a panic attack. We’ll get this sorted out,” he reassured me, wiping a few of my tears with his thumb.
“Thanks Billie,” I said, giving him a little smile. I relaxed a little, as we leaned back onto the sofa. But then it came.

‘Knock. Knock. Knock.’