Angel

Training

“Meet me at my room in 10. Put some sweats and a tank top on.” He said opening the door. I nodded. I rummaged through my stuff until I found black sweats and a black tank. I pulled my hair up into a pony and jogged to Finn's room. I knocked on the door, he opened the door tossing me a bottled water. He was in grey sweats and a white tank, I stared at his taut muscle. He chuckled when he noticed me staring.
“Ready?” I asked.
“Yeah. Follow me.” We went up to the roof, I turned around seeing Finn unfurl his wings. “We will have to go off campus to train.” He said.
“I can't leave remember? No wings.” I said.
“That's fine. I can fly you over.” He said, crimson splaying across his cheeks. I definitely don't mind that. I just nodded
He walked up behind me, hesitating but then wrapping his arms around my waist. He was a good foot taller than me so I could feel his warm breath on the top of my head. His wings started to stir the leaves on the roof. Finn started to beat his mighty wings, jumping off the ledge. Of course I screamed until we were above the clouds. Luckily his wings blocked out most of the cold wind. I hate the cold.
“How do you like flying?”he asked against my ear. I craned my head back looking and him and smiled. Actually smiled.
“Besides that I might plummet to my death part. It's amazing.” I laughed.
“You should smile like that more. I like it.” He answered. I nodded looking back in front of us. I breathed in the rainy aroma of the clouds, leaning back against Finn. He started to descend from the clouds onto what looks like a plateau. Finn landed pretty smoothly, setting me down.
“So why are we here exactly?” I asked.
“There are people called hunters who try to kill angels. I'm going to teach you how to fight.” I nodded. Finn taught me the basics how to land on my back properly, how to properly stand, block, punch and kick. While I tried not to hyperventilate Finn stated.
“Wow, you catch on fast. Do you want to try hand to hand fighting?” I nodded, I would have said something but I was still trying to catch my breath. He handed me my water, sitting down next to me and laughed. I looked over at him, glaring.
“What? Don't I look fabulous hyperventilating?” I asked heavily.
“Not a bad look actually.” He looked over at me. I punched him in the arm.
“Haha.” I said sarcastically. I got up and walked over to the edge of the plateau, looking out over the crumbling rock.
“Octavia c’mon! Breaks over.” Finn called. I groaned and squared up in front of him, positioning myself to block.
“You better not go easy on me.” I said.
“Okay, but I'll kick your ass.” He smiled. I punched him, or at least tried it never made contact, he was fast. Really fast. He then did a spin kick, hitting my side with his boot. We punched each other for the next three hours. I made contact only once. Landed on my back I don't know how many times and got kicked in the stomach about seventeen times. By the end of practice I was limping and I coughed up blood three times. Today was definitely not my day. Finn put his hand on my shoulder, I winced away.
“Tavia are you okay?” He asked, worried. “I didn't go easy on you.”
“Peachy.” I muttered, wiping blood from my mouth.
“We will not practice tomorrow. I will come by to check up on you though.” He said wrapping his arms around my waist and unfurling his wings. We didn't say anything until he landed on the girls dorm building.
“Thanks.” I said, turning to walk to my room.
“Octavia wait.” Finn said, I looked back. “I'm sorry. We don't have to train anymore if you don't want to.”
“No. I'm glad you are helping me, I just have to get use to training. I have to do this finn. Sooner or later someone will figure me out and will go after my family. I can't let that happen.” I said, walking away. About an hour later Mrs.Guard came by with my pills.
“Hi sweetie.” She smiled handing me the two paper cups. I gulped them down.
“Hey Mrs.Guard.” I responded. “Have a good night.” She nodded, walking away towards her next victim. I closed my door and went to sleep. When I woke up next I had already missed and hour and a half of art. Shit. Well mine as well just go back to sleep. Logic. I smiled and wrapped myself into my blankets. I woke up again around 11:30. I got up and changed, limping out of my dorm and went to the restaurant that served breakfast. I just got my food to go, not really wanting to socialize. When I got back to my dorm I changed again into a baggy shirt and short shorts. I turned on a horror movie and turned all the lights off. This is my kind of relaxing, sooner or later I looked like a burrito with so many blankets wrapped around me. I sorta had a horror movie marathon. There was a knock on the door, I untangled myself from my blankets, muted the TV and turned the lights back on. I opened the door to see Finn standing on the other side. He stared at me and something flashed in his eyes.
“What do you want? I was in a blanket burrito you know. Never make a girl get out of her blanket burrito.” I said.
“Are you feeling okay?” He asked.
“I feel fantastic.” I said sarcastically. “Nothing like not being able to lay on your back and not being able to sit down to make someone's day.” Worry and sorrow scrunched his face. “Want to watch horror movies with me?” I asked trying to get the subject away from my lameness. He smiled and nodded. I stepped out of the way for him, he plopped down on the couch. I closed the door and sat next to him, trying to get comfortable but not being able to. Finn slung his arm around my shoulder, pulling me into him.
“Better?” he chuckled.
“Actually yes. If you want me to move I can.” I said.
“Nah, you're good. I'm fine.” He said. We watched movies for most of the afternoon. I looked up at him smiling. He looked down smiling back, brushing a piece of hair out of my face, his fingers lingering on my cheek. His hand moved to cup my cheek, I glanced down at his parted lips. A low groan escaped from his throat.
“You should tell me to stop.” He said huskily.
“What if I don't want you to?” I asked. That was enough for him because his lips found mine At first his kisses were soft and gentle, but then they became more hungry like he was wanted this for a long time. Then of course some nit wit had to knock on the door. I muttered a very creative string of curses and pulled away from Finn. He found a hiding spot in the kitchen while I opened the door. Asher narrowed his eyes at me.
“You have been making out with someone haven't you?” He accused.
“No, I have not. Besides guys aren't supposed to be in the girls dorm.” I pushed him out into the hall. “That includes you.” Asher stepped in again.
“Actually no it doesn't. Since I'm the one showing you around I am allowed to be in here.” He smiled. I nudged him out again.
“Well I just started my period.Total bitch.Okay bye.” I lied closing the door.
“That's Okay I'll go get everything chocolate. Girls like that right? I'll be right back.” He called through the door. I leaned against the door and sighed. Finn strutted out chuckling. I rolled my eyes.
“Shut up.” I muttered. He walked over to me.
“Well since he is going to come back I mine as well go also.” I said. I sighed
“Do you have to?” I asked raising up on my toes to kiss him. I opened the door and shoved him out also. I turned on the movie again and sat down. A few minutes later there was a knock on the door.
“It's open.” I called. Asher walked in with so much chocolate, he smirked.
“How the hell did you get that much chocolate?” I asked.
He shrugged.
“I'm a good boy. I get presents.” He said throwing me a truffle box.
“I hate you.” I said. Keeping a mental note that Asher will bring me tons of food. Good to know. He shrugged.
“You know you love me for this.” He said. I rolled my eyes. We watched movie for the rest of the night.
Life was pretty boring, school then training for five hours. After a while I started kicking Finn's ass… sometimes. So he brought in another angel. His name is Jaden, he has dark brown hair and brown eyes. He was so much faster than Finn. Great.
“Come on Octavia! You're letting your guard down!” Finn called from the side. I groaned and squared up.
“Are you doing okay? I can tell you are favoring your back.” Said Jaden.
“I'm fine. Don't let my back stop you from pulverizing me.” I said. He nodded. I watched for glances or tremors of his muscle to gage his next move. I blocked most of his punches and I ducked under some of his kicks. I actually got some good punches through to him. My guard was starting to fall, and Jaden got multiple good punches in.
“Break.” Finn called I walked over to my water, touching my jaw lightly. God damn Jaden was good. Finn walked over to me, I prepared myself for one of his rants. But he didn't rant he looked worried.
“I'm fine. I just let my guard down. That's all.” I said setting my water down.
“Your jaw.” he said looking at it.
“Also fine.”
“Tavia you can't let him see your weaknesses. What if he wasn't just sparing you. What if he was a hunter, he could have killed you easily.” He said.
“Wow thanks.” I said. Walking back to square up. Jaden looked worried again.
“Stop it Jaden. I'm fine.” I said. He looked unsure but shrugged. I started to fatigue so I was leaning forward more than normal. Jaden kicked me right in the stomach. I gasped and doubled over on my knees, clutching my back and my stomach, Jaden was right there.