Status: Active c:

Edge of Destruction

A little more

Kells and I texted pretty much non stop over the next few days. I figured out that he was really good at making me smile. I was at work, standing on a chair, trying to put graphic novels on the top shelf of a bookcase when the door alarm rang, letting me know someone had come inside. "Hey, I'll be with you in just a second!" I called out, not bothering to look behind me. I was already nervous about being on this chair, I really didn't want to fall for the sake of greeting a customer. I was about to put the last book I had on the shelf when I felt a hand on the small of my back. I looked down, only to see Kells standing there. "You really are short, aren't you?" Even on this chair, he was still a little taller than me. I huffed, putting the last book on the shelf before turning to face him. He placed his hands on my hips. "Put your hands on my shoulders." He told me, and I did was I was told. He picked me up off the chair, my body sliding down his as he set me to the floor. My shirt had ridden up, and his thumbs brushed against my bare skin. He looked down, noticing the tattoos on my stomach before I could cover them. "Damn, girl. How many tattoos do you have?" He chuckled, not taking his hands off my hips. "I think I could ask you the same question, sir." I retorted, my arms draped around his neck lazily. He rested his forehead against mine, and I adverted my eyes from his. He'd been coming to see me at work ever since Kendra introduced us earlier in the week. He kept trying to get me to hang out with him at his place, or go on a date with him, but I kept coming up with excuses.

I was so terrified this was going to turn out to be like my last big break up with Josh. Josh was really sweet like this in the beginning. but he turned out to be one of the psychos. After a few months, the hitting started, and the yelling, and the cigarette burns.. It was still hard for me not to flinch at human contact. I would still slip up every now and then. I pulled myself way from Kells, walking over to the counter, sitting on it. "What's up?" I asked him, he usually had something to invite me to when he came into work to see me. "Well, I was kinda hoping we could do something tonight." I sighed, biting my lip. He walked over to me, placing his hands on my thighs gently, towering over me, still. "Please? Just come over, we can hang out, order food in, watch a movie." I giggled, "Are you asking me to Netflix and Chill?" He rolled his eyes, grinning, "I'm not gonna try to fuck you. I know you're not down for that." I bit my lip, pretending to think about it for a moment. "C'mon, babe, Please." My stomach did flips. That's the first time he's called me babe to my face. It doesn't have the same effect through text messages. I checked the time, seeing that I had to close the store up in ten minutes anyway. I nodded, "Okay. But I'm driving my car over to your place, in case I decide to run away." I told him teasingly. He rolled his eyes again, his hands gripping my thighs tighter. "Yeah, okay, scaredy cat."

After I was done locking up the shop, I walked outside, ad saw him leaning up against the back of his Jeep, phone in hand. He really was handsome. Just his eyes were enough to give me butterflies. He saw me walking towards him and looked up, smiling at me. "Hey, babe." He greeted me, causing me to blush lightly. "So, I'll just follow you?" I asked him, motioning to my Jeep parked next to his. He nodded, "Try not to fall behind." I punched him in the shoulder lightly, smiling at him before heading over to my car and getting in. I scrolled through the music on my phone, decided to play 'The Real Slim Shady' By Eminem. My music was loud enough for Kells to hear and he just shook his head at me, giving me the middle finger.

I followed him for about 15 minutes, before we pulled up to a fairly large house. I got out of my car, walking up to where he was standing next to his Jeep. "Well, this is me." He said, walking up to the house and unlocking the door, inviting me in. I walked in, slowly, looking around. The house was even bugger on the inside, and very nice. He had a huge living room, huge kitchen, and there was an upstairs. And that's just what I could see from the doorway. "Go ahead, make yourself comfortable, I'm just gonna run to the bathroom real quick." I nodded, and walked into the living room, sitting down on the couch. I pulled out my phone, scrolling through instagram, when I heard his footsteps coming back into the living room. He sat down next to me, and I looked up at him. "So, now what?" I asked, putting my phone back into my pocket. He sighed happily, laying his head back on the couch. "Well, are you hungry?" I nodded, "Yeah, a little." "Well, what would you like? Pizza, chinese, subs?" "Pizza sounds good. As long as there's mushrooms and pineapples on it." He chuckled, shaking his head at me, "You are weird."

After placing an order for the pizza, he turned on his tv and PS4 and started scrolling through Netlflix. "So, what should we watch? Something funny or something scary?" He asked me, still scrolling. "Hmm.. Oh! How about that one?" I asked as he scrolled past Deadpool. He nodded, "Alright, I can dig it. We might as well wait til the pizza gets here, though." "Alrighty," I replied, leaning back onto the couch and staring at the ceiling. "I'm really glad you agreed to hang out with me." He told me, and I looked over at him. "Yeah.. me too. You're pretty cool." I teased.He scooted closer to me on the couch, putting his arm around my shoulders. "So can I ask you something without you getting mad?" I nodded, smiling. "Do you mind if I smoke? I like to smoke before I eat." I laughed, "Oh, of course not! I do that, too sometimes." That earned me a smile from him. "Would you like to smoke with me?" "Sure, why not?" He grinned even bigger, getting up and walking out of the room for a moment, before coming back with two pipes and two lighters. He placed one in front of me on the coffee table. "Do you want a glass of water?" I nodded, and he walked into the kitchen for a few minutes, coming back with two glasses of water.

Right when He put the glasses on the table, his doorbell rang, It was the pizza guy. Kells paid for the pizza, not letting the guy actually come in. While he was taking care of that, I took the opportunity to slip my vans off, placing them against a wall. I also pulled my sweater off, putting it on the back of a chair in his dining room. I stood by my shoes for a minute, watching him put the pizza box on the table and sit down, pulling out his phone and staring at it intently. I pulled my phone out and wrote him a text.
You're really cute.
After a few minutes, he started smiling at his phone and looked over at me. "You couldn't just tell me that to my face?" He called to me. I typed him out another message.
Nope. I find you intimidating. So, I'll just do this instead.
He chuckled when he read it, getting up and walking over to me slowly, pinning me against the wall, putting his arms on either side of my head. "You think I'm intimidating, huh? Is that why you wouldn't hang out with me for so long?" I pulled my phone back out to text him again, but he took it from my hands, shoving it into his back pocket. I pouted, defeated. "You're really cute when you pout." He whispered, his breath hitting my face. I looked at my shoes, nervous and embarrassed. He was so close. He laughed lightly, grabbing my hand with his, pulling me back over to the couch. "Maybe you'll be able to talk to me after you smoke."