Status: Active c:

The North Star

Five.

Tony came to visit me that evening before I was about to go to sleep. He wanted to apologize for what had happened earlier. "You know I only want what's best for you, right?" He asked me, sitting on the end of my bed awkwardly. I nodded, "I know, Tony." He sighed, "Its just.. You're basically like my niece.. I feel responsible for you and.. I really don't want to lose you. I want to try anything I can to keep you around.." He wouldn't make eye contact with me. "I know, uncle Tony.. I know. And I'm willing to try whatever you want me to do.. You mean a lot to me, too." He smiled at me, patting my knee gently. "I guess I should let you get to sleep, kiddo. If he tries anything, just scream. One of us will come running." I giggled at him as he got up and walked away slowly.

I sat on my bed, watching the sun set from out my window, and my stomach turned. Loki would be sleeping in here with me tonight.. That made me nervous. I wasn't sure why, but I think I was starting to like him. He was extremely good looking, but I think it was more than that.. I think.. I may have finally found someone who understands what I've been through. I sighed, pulling my knees into my chest as the sun disappeared behind the horizon. I saw the stars twinkling brightly in the sky, and I couldn't help but start feeling a sort of homesickness. Like I was homesick for a place I'd never been.

I heard someone clear their throat from the doorway. Turning my head, I saw Loki standing there in a pair of black sweatpants and a grey tank top. His hair was damp and clinging to his shoulders slightly. "May I come in?" He asked, looking hesitant. I nodded, patting the bed beside me. He came over and sat down next to me, staring out the window at the stars. "They're beautiful, aren't they?" He asked me and I nodded slowly. "Can I tell you something weird?" I asked him softly, and he nodded. "Sometimes, when I look at them.. I feel homesick." I whispered. He didn't say anything, just placed his hand on my shoulder. "I promise you, I'm going to do everything I can to help you find your home." I shook my head, sighing, "This is my home, Loki. With these people.. It just.. It would be nice to know where I come from.. To be able to understand why I'm like this." He was silent for a few minutes before speaking. "Sometimes.. Knowing where you come from isn't always what you hope it'll be."

He laid down on the bed behind me, facing the wall, and I curled up beside him, not saying anything. I was almost afraid to breathe because I didn't want to interrupt his personal space. I closed my eyes, counting my breaths. After about 15 minutes, he turned around slowly, his face inches away from mine. I kept my eyes closed and tried to keep my breathing steady so it seemed like I was asleep, but it became extremely hard when his hand was suddenly cradling my cheek. "Polaris." He whispered, my name sounding lovely with his accent. His thumb stroked my face gently and I nuzzled into his hand involuntairly, causing his movements to freeze. I kept my eyes closed, pretending to still be sleeping. After a moment, his thumb began stroking my face again. He was making butterflies swarm in my stomach. Why was he having such an effect on me. His lips found their way to my forehead and he left a soft kiss there. "Sweetest dreams." He whispered against my skin as he pulled me against his chest, my face resting in the crook of his neck.

His smell was almost intoxicating. He smelled like sage and peonys. I nuzzled my face deeper into his neck and his arms stiffened around me, probably afraid he had woken me up and that I'd be angry with him. I took the opportunity to place one of my hands on his chest, wrapping my other arm under him so i was practically hugging him. He didn't fight it, just stayed perfectly still. When I didn't move after that, he relaxed, one of his hands resting on my hip while the other tangled itself in my hair. I sighed into his neck and I felt him shiver lightly. I cracked my eyes open slightly, only to see that my skin on my hand was glowing brighter than I've ever seen it glow before. It was like someone had painted me with glow in the dark paint. I closed my eyes tightly, praying that he hadn't noticed. He placed a kiss on my temple, and I could feel him smile against my skin. "So beautiful." He whispered.

I was asleep within a few minutes.