Status: In Progress

Armored Heart

Chapter 2

Josh’s P.O.V

I thought back to all those movies I had seen. Where the guy sees the girl for the first time and it’s as if time stood still; where nothing else in the world mattered anymore because at last, he had found her.

My cheeks were burning. I wonder if he noticed.

“Hey, um. Yeah, hi. I’m Josh.” I said, finally reaching out to shake his hand. He giggled, and I felt something ignite inside me. What was happening?
“Tyler.” He said again, firmly shaking my hand. I got up, wiping what was left from my nap out of my eyes.

“This is gonna be fun.” He said cheerfully, tossing his backpack onto the bed on the right. He looked around at the blank walls, inspecting the carpet, eventually making his way into the bathroom.

I felt my palms begin to sweat as he floated around the room. What was this? What was going on? Why was this happen-

“How long have you been here?” He asked. I snapped out of it.
“Hmm? Oh, um.. Not long.” He nodded. The room was quiet for a bit. Was this how this year was going to go? Why was I so nervous around him?
“Do you think we can skip the whole introduction phase?” He finally said. I was thankful for the break in the silence. I looked at him questionably. He shrugged.
“I don’t know, I just think, we’re gonna be living together. Might as well just accept that we’re gonna be friends, right?” I smiled, nodding, feeling my cheeks burn again.
“I’d like that.” I said, subtly wiping my sweat drenched hands on my pants. He seemed oblivious.

He quickly unpacked like he had done this a hundred times. I got up, reaching for my bag to do the same. I didn’t have much to bring, so it didn’t take long.
“Do you shower at night or in the morning? Cause I want to shower when you’re showering to save water.” He said simply. My face was burning. I peeked up at him wide eyed from under the bathroom sink. He giggled, rolling his eyes at me.

“I’m kidding, Josh. We’re friends now. We can kid.” I sighed, forcibly laughing along.
“Yeah. Friends.”