Remenissions

Chapter 61

Martina's POV

I agreed with Matt, it was time to call the police, Lana had been missing all day, none of us had seen her.

"I'll go over and talk to someone at the desk." He muttered.

The poor guy look exhausted and worried, he looked really worried.

"I'll come." I told him, turning to follow him. We needed to call somebody, Lana was gone and we needed to find her.

I stood with Matt at the desk as one of the girls came over, smiling. "Can I help you?" She asked in a thick accent.

"Um." Matt said. "One of our friends had gone missing, none of us have seen her since........." He glanced at me.

"Um about 8 am." I said quickly.

"Yeah so we were wondering if you could contact the police for us." He asked her.

She smiled widely at him. "Sir, I'm sure you're worried about your friend, but perhaps he's off sight seeing or at the beach."

"He is a she." Matt snapped. "And she's not off sight seeing." How could he explain that his psychotic ex had shown up?

"Oh excuse me." She apologised. "My advice to you is to wait until the morning before contacting the police, because at this point they wouldn't do anything anyway."

"Are you serious?" I snapped. This was unbelievable, Lana could be dead and she was telling us to not worry until morning.

"Yes." She said smiling. "I know you're worried, but I'm sure your friend will show up soon."

Matt groaned and turned, walking back to Brian. "That was a waste of time." He snapped.

"What?" Brian asked, looking at me.

"The police won't do anything yet." I explained. "Not until her body shows up." And I burst into tears.

"Marty." Brian said, pulling me close. "You're being dramatic again."

Well I couldn't help it, Lana was out there somewhere and it was getting dark. "Well it's true." I cried and he smiled, shaking his head at me.

"Right." Brian said. "Let's have a quick drink, think about where she might be, she honestly can't have gone far."

Matt nodded, following him over to a seat, we sat down while Brian went and ordered us a drink.

"Brian's right Marty." Matt said as we sat down. "She can't be far."

"Well why haven't we seen her." I said and both of us sat there, letting that statement hang in the air.

"What a fucking mess." Brian said, sitting down and placing a coke in front of me and Matt, a beer for himself.

Matt and I nodded, it was a huge mess.

"What if....." I started but Matt cut me off.

"No Marty." He mumbled. "No, she's fine, somewhere."

Well I certainly hoped she was.

"Did you talk to Courtney?" Brian asked Matt and he nodded.

"Yeah, I think she got it." He replied. "Though I'm not entirely sure."

"I'd say she didn't." Brian muttered

"What?" Matt asked, looking confused, but his question was answered as Courtney pulled out a chair and joined us.

Matt's eye's nearly popped out of his head, but before he could say anything she started.

"What's everyone doing tonight?" She chirped. "We should go out for dinner or something."

Dear god, she really was a nutbag.

"Well we're busy." I snapped. "Looking for Lana."

She frowned, reaching over and grabbing Matt's hand, I was glad to see him pull his hand out of her grip.

"Lana?" She asked.

"Yeah you know Lana." I snapped. "Matt's girlfriend."

She chuckled. "I saw her not to long ago." Her chuckle made my hair stand on end, it sounded creepy.

"What?" Matt asked, looking at her.

"Yeah down at the lagoon pool, she was sunbaking baby." She said, smiling at Matt. "We had a talk about some stuff."

Oh I bet this psychotic bitch did all the talking. God knew what the fuck she'd been saying to Lana.

Matt pushed his chair back. "I'll go see if she's still there." And I watched as Courtney stood up with him.

"I don't think he needs your company." I growled at her, I was just done with this bitch.

"Well Marty." She sniped back at me. "I don't think Lana will be there." And she smirked, that bitch smirked. "We talked and she decided to leave."

"Fucking what?" Matt snapped, rubbing his hand over his face.

"Yes." Courtney said, turning to look at him. "Babe." And she put her hands on his chest. "We decided it would just be awkward if she came to our wedding."

"Fucking jesus." Matt snapped, grabbing her hands and giving her a shove. "Courtney are you fucking serious?"

"Yes." She smiled and then she turned to me. "We need to find a dress Marty." She grinned. "It seems I'm going to be your bridesmaid."

I stood up. "Like fuck you are." And I launched myself at her, grabbing her around the throat.

"Enough." Matt yelled as Brian pulled me off of her. "Enough." Oh damn, he was furious. "Courtney enough is enough, you're fucking up my life." Oh yeah, he was pissed. "We are not getting fucking married." He yelled, and people were starting to look over at us. "You need fucking help Courtney, Lana is my girlfriend, you and I are over, get it through your head."

She looked at him with wide eye's, like it was the first time she'd heard it. "But Matt...."

"No." He boomed. "I mean it, I'm done, no more, let me live my life, let me do it with out you popping up every five minutes to fuck it up."

Courtney looked at me and I shrugged. "You need to get on with your life." I told her. "Without Matt."

"But......" There she goes with the but again.

"Look Courtney." Brian said, grabbing her arm and leading her away.

We couldn't hear what he was saying but she was nodding and great, now she was crying.

"I'm going to the pool." Matt said turning to me.

"Good idea." And I really hoped Lana was still there.

I watched him walk off and Brian walked back over, joining me.

"Marty." He said sitting down. "Courtney isn't right."

"Do you think?" I asked him. To me he was stating the obvious. "What did you tell her?"

He shrugged. "Just that Matt was in love with Lana and that wasn't going to change any time soon, I don't know if she got it."

Oh I was sure she didn't get it.

We sat there quietly waiting for Matt and I was disappointed that when he returned he was alone.

"Not there?" I asked as he approached us.

He shook his head. "Nobody was there, it's dark."

I looked out the window and he was right, it had gotten dark. "At least someone saw her."

He nodded. "Yeah." He turned to head away again. "I'm going to have a quick shower then I might go for another walk, look for Lana." I nodded, we would join him. "But first, I think I'm going to call Courtney's parents, she needs help or something."

Help was an understatement. I hoped her parents locked her up for eternity.

"Okay go." I said hugging him. "We'll wait for you here." He hugged me briefly. "She'll be okay Matt, she's probably just off sulking."

"Or plotting my murder." He mumbled but I knew what he was thinking.

What if we were too late? What if Lana had already left?