Status: This version of TARA has been discontinued and will not be finished.

The Adventures of Rin and Aya

Chapter 8

There, standing in the doorway, was the blonde woman from before. Her eyes were unusually large and the almost psychotic grin on her face practically went from one of her ears to the other. “Oh my gosh!” She screamed as she hurtled down the front steps and came at the group with all the speed she could muster. Rin and Aya froze, terrified at the current situation.

The blonde woman quickly moved past the three men who cowered away from her, and she ran right up to the two girls. She threw her arms around them and practically crushed them in a hug. “You have no idea how excited I was when I found out that you two would be staying with us! I finally won’t be the only girl around here! Please, come inside so you can meet everyone,” She said as she herded everyone into the house.

---

Rin and Aya had been taken into the house and then into a small kitchen on the right. Everything about the room was completely normal. There was a refrigerator, a sink, a cupboard, an oven, and anything else that you would expect to find in a kitchen. The two girls had been sat down at a small, circular table on one side of the room and everyone crammed in around it. Some of course had to stand more into the hallway but they didn’t complain.

“So what are your names again?” The woman asked them.

“I’m Rin and this is Aya,” Rin said with a friendly smile.

“Lovely! I’m Ra’ Shari if you didn’t already know. Oh, would you two like anything to drink?” Both girls shook their heads, not wanting to feel like a burden. All of a sudden the young boy Ra’ Shari had been carrying earlier came bouncing into the room, ran up to the blonde woman, and started tugging at her dress.

“Mommy, I want juice!” For such a young boy his words were surprisingly clear and easy to understand. Ra’ Shari turned to the refrigerator she had been standing next to and pulled out a small juice packet. It almost looked like a Capri Sun and it even had a similar straw too. After poking the straw into the juice packet the woman gave it to the boy, but when he stuck it in his mouth and tried to run away the woman grabbed him by the collar of his shirt.

“This is Caderyn,” She told Rin and Aya. “But we just call him Cade for short.” The boy struggled to get away from Ra’ Shari but after his introduction she let go of his shirt and he ran out of the kitchen before taking off down the hallway.

“Your son is so cute,” Said Rin as she watched the boy until he disappeared.

“Thank you,” Ra’ Shari said with a large, proud smile.

“So is he the father?” Aya asked as she pointed to Micah. Micah choked on the water he had been drinking and spit it out all over Chase‘s face. Chase narrowed his eyes and gave Micah a cold look but he said nothing as he took out a handkerchief and wiped his face clean. Ra’ Shari watched Micah cough and try to clear his lungs of the water that had obviously gone down the wrong tube, and her face was unreadable but she quickly turned to the girls.

“Well okay, technically he isn’t my son. He’s actually my nephew but when he was just a baby his family died and I took him in. He doesn’t know about any of that so he thinks I’m actually his mom…and yes, I suppose he thinks Micah is his dad,” She said in a hushed voice incase Cade was near enough to hear her. “But enough about that! Let’s get to know everyone!”

Ra’ Shari walked over to the other side of the kitchen and pulled out a spatula from one of the drawers. She quickly spun around to face everyone and she held the spatula up as if she was a teacher. “Let’s start with this specimen shall we?” She hit Chase in the head with the cooking utensil. “This handsome devil’s name is Chase. He likes classical music, water polo, romantic dinner dates, and taking moonlit strolls on the beach.”

“Ra'!” Chase yelled as he smacked the spatula away from his face. Ra’ Shari giggled, amused at his distress.

“Okay I was kidding! But in all seriousness, Chase is probably the most trustworthy, noble, honest guy you will ever meet. I secretly think he’s a monk though because I have never seen him with a girl before…not even once!” She turned to the person standing next to him with a sly smile. “And this is Micah. It’s true that he is an irrational, hot-tempered jerk but he’s also one of the strongest people here.” The blonde woman leaned down to the two girls. “And even though he would never admit it, he loves kids and he’s great with them too.”

She leaned back up and moved on to the next person. “This is Rafael. Everyone calls him Raf though. He has mad skills with a bow and he’s the best this town has ever seen. He’s hard working and a slight perfectionist…he’s also quiet the ladies man,” Ra’ Shari said as she gave Rin and Aya a quick wink. “This guy right here is Soren. He may seem quiet and somewhat shy, if I dare say that, but don’t let that fool you! This guy is ruthless when it comes to fighting. And out of all of these guys I think he has the best eyes, but I suppose that’s just me.”

“And this is Sin. He’s the quietest one out of the group and he often secludes himself, but deep down I know he is a sweet, caring guy who just wants to be loved!” Ra’ Shari wrapped her arms around his head and hugged him even though he tried desperately to fight her off. After she let go she straightened her dress and looked around the room for the final member of the group. “Where’s Luka?”

“Probably playing with Cade,” Chase said with a shrug. The blonde woman pouted but quickly regained her happy attitude.

“Anyway, Luka is the short one and he is definently the cutest one here! What he lacks in size, he makes up for with his bubbly, energetic, happy attitude. If your ever feeling sad or just down in general, he is the one that is going to cheer you up.” She set the spatula down on the table, indicating that she was finally done with all of the introductions, but Micah quickly snatched it up before anyone could blink.

“Oh no, don’t think your getting out of it that easy.” He held up the spatula and turned to face Rin and Aya. “Now let me tell you a little bit about Ra’ Shari. She’s impatient, stubborn, short-tempered, possessive, manipulative, egotistical, hard to understand, she likes to play mind games, and she can be irritatingly emotional.” With each word he jabbed her in the side with the spatula, and she tried to ignore it but the unhappy look on her face said that she wanted to grab the spatula from Micah and shove it down his throat.

“On the other end of the spectrum she’s loyal, passionate about everything she does, extremely observant, the kindest person on the world when she wants to be, and just a great person overall.”

“Anyway!” Ra’ Shari shouted, trying to turn the subject away from her. She had no problem explaining everyone else’s strong points but when it came to her own she hated talking about them. “Sleeping arraignments. I was thinking you two could stay in my room since I don’t use it anymore. Or, if you really despise the idea of sharing a bed, I’m sure one of the guys wouldn’t mind giving up their room.”

Rin and Aya looked at each other. Neither of them liked the idea of sleeping in some random guy’s room let alone his bed. “No, we can share the bed,” Aya said with a nervous smile. Ra’ Shari smiled and gestured for them to stand up and follow her. They stood and maneuvered themselves around the many bodies consuming the kitchen area before they managed to break loose from the crowd and follow the woman down the hallway.

“So if you don’t use your room anymore than where do you stay?” Rin asked. Aya tensed up slightly. She had already been able to put two and two together but Rin seemed to be a little slower.

“Oh,” Ra’ Shari said and hesitated as she stopped by the first door. “This is where I stay.” She softly drummed her fingers against her leg and her face flushed a light pink color. “It’s Micah’s room.”

She quickly turned to the door across it on the opposite wall, trying to change the subject as fast as she could. “But this…this is Cade’s room. That’s why I moved into--” She pointed to Micah’s room. “Cause Cade’s room…and it…well I--Forget it.” She turned and continued walking down the hallway while naming off who’s room it was when they passed a certain door. Ra’ Shari stopped at the end of the hallway and smiled fondly at the very last door.

“This is--was my room. But now it’s yours so make yourselves at home. I have to go check on Cade but if you need anything don’t be afraid to ask.” With that being said Ra’ Shari gave the two girls another smile before turning and heading down the hallway. Rin grabbed the door knob then pushed the door open and she walked into the room, Aya following right behind her.

They looked around at the light blue and purple room. It was simple but it was comfortable looking. “This is nice.” The two girls dropped their bags down on the floor and then Rin walked over to the bed, which was luckily fairly large, and sat down on it.

“I think we should sleep in shifts. I don’t trust half of the people living in this house.”

“Oh Aya. I think your over reacting,” Rin said, blowing off Aya’s concern. “But if you really want to sleep in shifts then I suppose you wouldn’t mind going first? Okay thanks.” Before Aya could say anything else Rin flopped down on the bed and hugged a pillow to her chest. Aya glared at her but said nothing as she sat down in a nearby chair and silently fumed to herself as Rin slept.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry sorry. I know it wasn't the best but it was just one of those chapters that allows you to get to know the new characters. But I promise it will get better. Thank you for reading and please comment if you can!