Status: and we're back!

To Sweden With Love

trettiotvå

After a couple hours of sitting on my floor, drinking what was left in the wine bottle I found on the table, I finally got myself up and showered for the day.

After getting dressed and grabbing my bag for the day, I heard my phone ring.

I sighed as I saw Patric calling me.

“What do you want?” I said as I walked out of my room and toward the pool.

“I heard what happened and I was worried about you. Are you okay?” He asked.

I sighed as I put my sunglasses on. “Why wouldn’t I be?”

“Uh, did you not see the picture?” He said concerned.

I snorted. “Oh I got it alright. Cried for a couple hours and now I am over it.”

“Liv, he feels really bad about it.”

I threw my bag down on the lounge chair. “No, if he felt bad, he wouldn’t have taken it and sent it to me with a big fuck you attached.”

“Olivia just-”

I interrupted him. “No Patric, don’t get me wrong, I am not proud of my actions or my words to him last night, but that picture was the endgame. So you can tell your buddy it was nice knowing him.”

I hung up as I threw the phone in my bag and relaxed back on the lounge chair. I readjusted my hat to keep the blinding sun away and closed my eyes.

“My, my. Three times in 24 hours. I must be lucky.”

I opened one of my eyes to see Ben standing at the end of my chair.

“You are blocking my sun.”

He moved to sit beside me. “Someone doesn’t sound like she is in a good mood. Too much to drink last night?”

I groaned. “That’s the least of my problems right now. It was a very long morning.”

“I bet I can make your day a whole lot better.” He said with a smile.

I pulled my sunglasses down my face and raised an eyebrow. “How?”

“Go get dressed and meet me in the lobby in, say, 20 minutes?” He said with a grin.

I thought about it for a minute, and then remembered the picture burned into my memory.

I gave him a smile “Okay deal.”

When I got back to my room and started to change, I heard my phone ring. It went to voicemail before I could get to it, but I knew it was Ellie.

I’ll just call her back later

I looked at myself in the mirror before walking out the door and decided to add a little bit of makeup to my sunkissed face.

About ten minutes later, I hurried down to the lobby where Ben was waiting.

“Sorry, I lost track of time getting ready!” I exclaimed.

As he looked me up and down and smiled, I realized the extra time was well worth it.

He offered me his arm. “Shall we go my lady?”

I laughed as I linked my arm with his and followed him out to a waiting car.

“So where are we off to?” I asked once we were settled in the car.

“That is a secret.”

I smiled and looked out the window, enjoying the scenery as we drove for about 15 minutes.

Once the car stopped, I saw the helicopter.

“Oh my God, I’ve been wanting to do this since I got here!” I squealed.

He laughed as he helped me out of the car and lead me over to the helipad.

Once we got all buckled up and had our headsets on, we were off the ground.

“This is amazing!”

He nodded as we both enjoyed the view.

About halfway through the flight, my purse started to vibrate.

I pulled my phone out and looked at the screen.

liv, you have no idea how sorry i am. That was probably the biggest mistake of my life. Please don’t give up on me

My blood started to boil as I bit my lip and looked back out the window.

“You okay?” Ben asked as he touched my arm.

I nodded as I kept looking out the window, holding back tears, unknowingly playing with that damn blue bracelet.

I cracked open my window and tossed my phone out and wiped my eyes.

“Better now.”

-----------------------

Twenty minutes later, we were back on the ground and headed back to the hotel.

“So, about your phone going out the window.” Ben said after a few minutes of silence.

I laughed. “Yeah, I probably shouldn’t have done that.”

He started laughing with me. “I guess that is a good way to have your me vacation.”

We laughed until we got back to the hotel.

“So, how about dinner tomorrow?” He asked as he walked me to my door.

“Sure why not. Today was fun Ben. Thank you.” I said as I kissed his cheek as I entered my room.

As the door closed, I leaned against it and smiled.

For the first time in a few days, I actually enjoyed my vacation.

-----------------------

Later on that night, I decided to just order room service and hang in my room for the night.

As I was cutting into my steak, I remembered I forgot to call Ellie back.

Fuck, I thought as I went to go reach for my phone.

I sighed and leaned over the bed to use the room phone.

I dialed her number and waited four rings before getting her voicemail.

‘Ellie it’s Liv, sorry I didn’t call you back sooner. First off, I am fine. Don’t worry about me. But if you do need to reach me, you will need to call my hotel room. My cell kinda met the bottom of the ocean. Don’t ask. But um, I guess I will talk to you later.”

I left her my number before hanging up.

And right then, I realized I missed my best friend more than I knew.