Status: and we're back!

To Sweden With Love

fyrtio

I woke up to the sound of someone taking a picture the next morning.

I groaned and opened my eyes as I saw Derick standing over me and Mats, shaking his head.

“Carl isn’t going to like this.”

I rubbed my head as I carefully sat up, trying not wake Mats.

“I swear to God Derick, if you send that, I will ruin you.”

“You wouldn’t dare.”

I stood up and walked over to the kitchen to get some water. “Wanna try me? Send that picture and see what happens.”

He gulped. “Hungover Liv isn’t a friendly Liv.”

I gulped down the glass of water and looked at the time. “Fuck Brassard, why didn’t you wake me up sooner?”

He shrugged. “You looked peaceful.”

I rolled my eyes as I ran to my room to change and grab my bags.

When I came back out to the kitchen, I saw Derick writing a note.

I read it over his shoulder then smacked the back of his head.

“Ow! What was that for?”

“You were supposed to tell her, you ass!” I quietly exclaimed.

“Yeah well. I forgot.” He said as he grabbed his bag out of the hallway. “You ready?”

I nodded as I followed him out to the car.

Thirty minutes later, we finally got to the airport.

“You really need to work on your timing Brassy.” I said as I grabbed my bags out of the car.

“We got here in perfect timing!”

“Der, our flight leaves in 30, and we still need to go check in and make it through security.”

“Uh Liv, we are flying first class. Everything is fast tracked.”

I narrowed my eyes. “You upgraded our seats?”

“Hey now, I will be mobbed in coach, besides, wouldn’t you rather fly in luxury?”

I rolled my eyes as we got inside and went to check in. “It’s a short flight Derick.”

I would never admit this, but he was right. Not even 10 minutes later, we were through security and headed to our gate.

I stopped at one of the shops and bought a bottle of water and some tylenol.

Derick shook his head and laughed.

“Don’t judge me.” I said as I gave him the finger.

“I just think it’s funny that Mats actually got you wine drunk.”

I rolled my eyes as I took a seat at the gate as his phone rang.

‘Hello? Uh huh. Uh huh.’ He said before he handed me his phone. ‘It’s for you.’

I sighed as I put the phone to my ear. ‘You’re gonna see me in about two hours, can’t this wait?’

I heard Carl chuckle. ‘Nice to talk to you too love.’

I rubbed my forehead. ‘Sorry. I am a little hungover.’

‘A little?’ He laughed. ‘Do you remember calling me last night?’

‘Yeah a little.’ I confessed. ‘Mats got me wine drunk.’

‘So I gathered. So did your single little self have fun?’

I groaned. ‘Carl, I didn’t mean anything by that. Nothing even happened.’

‘No, you’re right. We agreed to be friends for now until I get back in Pittsburgh. It’s fine.’

I sighed as they called for boarding for our flight. ‘Look, we’re boarding. You’re picking us up right?’

‘Mmmhmm. I will see you soon.’ He stated as he hung up.

I huffed as I handed Derick back his phone and got up to board.

‘Do I even wanna know what went on last night?’ Derick asked.

I shook my head. “This is gonna be a long flight.”

-------------------------

When we landed, I followed Derick through customs and down to the baggage claim, where Carl was waiting.

“Haggy!” Derick exclaimed as he ran towards Carl and jumped in his arms.

I just shook my head as I walked past them to get my bags.

“You guys are weird.”

“Aww, is poor little Olivia feeling left out?” Carl said getting that evil smile on his face as he walked towards me.

I laughed. “Don’t you dare.”

I tried to run from him but he scooped me up and spun me around.

I laughed until he put me down and pushed some hair out of my face.

“Hi.” He said with a smile.

“Hi.” I smiled back.

“Okay you two lovebirds, we get it. But I don’t know about you two, but I am hungry. Let’s go.” Derick said carrying both of our bags.

Carl took my hand as we followed him out to the car.

On the way to the hotel, they talked about the upcoming hockey season as I sat in the back and just stared out the window, daydreaming.

“Earth to Liv.” Derick said as he turned in his seat.

“Hmm?” I looked back at them as they laughed.

“Just making sure you were still alive back here.”

I rolled my eyes. “You two idiots were talking about your jobs. I kind of just tuned you out.”

“Anyways, we figured we could just hang out today until you two get to get all pretty and go to the rehearsal dinner.”

I sighed as I rubbed my head. “You two can do whatever. I need a bed for a couple more hours.”

Carl chuckled. “Still hungover drunky?”

“Fuck off. At least I didn’t punch anyone. Or fuck some random chick and send a picture.”

“Well she has you there Carl.” Derick interjected.

Carl gave him side eye.

“I will be fine after a couple more hours of sleep, I promise. I tried sleeping on the plane, but Derick wouldn’t shut up about what kind of ring he is going to get Ellie.”

“And you vetoed all my choices.” Derick said.

“Cause I think I know what she will like, she is only my best friend.”

Derick and I bickered the rest of the way to the hotel. When Carl parked, he just shook his head.

“Are you sure you two aren’t related?”

We looked at each other and both shrugged.

“Well he did say he loved me like a little sister.”

“That’s cause you thought I was gonna fall in love with you cause I called you my best friend!”

Carl put his hands up. “Woah, woah, woah. She’s my best friend, Brassy. Back off.”

I rolled my eyes as I bumped my shoulder into Carl.

“See Derick? I told you. Tread lightly.”

When we entered the hotel, I started to head to the desk when Carl walked towards the elevators.

“Um, Carl dear, didn’t you reserve me a room?”

He turned to me as he hit the up button and shrugged. “I figured you’d just stay with me.”

“Wait, what about me?” Derick whined. “Bros before hoes bro.”

I laughed. “I’ll take Derick’s room, and you two boyfriends can share a room. Besides, I need time to get ready and what not.”

Carl groaned. “Liv, come on.”

I shook my head. “It’s only two days. You can manage.”

“Yeah man, besides, she is a girl. She probably will need the entire bathroom counter and then some to get ready.” Derick said as we stepped into the elevator.

I smacked his chest. “I’m not that bad.”

He let out a short laugh. “You’re friends with Ellie. So I know you gotta be bad.”

I rolled my eyes as I followed the guys out of the elevator and to our rooms.

“Seriously Carl? Adjoined rooms?” I asked as I walked into my room.

I heard him laughing through the door. “I planned ahead cause I knew you’d stick me with Derick.”

I sighed as I locked my side of the adjoined room’s door and went to lay down.

Soon enough, I was passed the eff out.

----------------------------

A few hours later, I was woken up by someone shaking me.

“Olivia, wake up.” Carl said softly as he sat on the edge of my bed..

I opened one of my eyes, groaned, and rolled over.

“I don’t wanna.”

He chuckled. “Don’t make me send Derick in here. He was gonna jump on you.”

I moaned as I slowly sat up in bed and put my head on his shoulder. “How did you get in here?”

He shrugged. “I kept the extra room key.”

I rolled my eyes as I looked at my phone to see what time it was.

“You literally let me sleep all day Hagelin.” I yawned.

“To be fair, I have tried to wake you up a couple times. You just didn’t move. I had Derick come check on a pulse a few times.”

I laughed as I got out of bed and headed into the bathroom. “Sleep is best for me when hungover.”

I started the shower and started to strip as he walked in and leaned against the door jam.

“You really are beautiful Liv.”

I gave him a smile as I stepped in.

“Don’t you need to get ready to? Ya know shower and stuff?”

He nodded and gave me a mischievous grin.

“Well there’s no reason to waste water.” He said taking off his t-shirt, walking towards me.

------------------------------

Thirty minutes later, I was rushing through my makeup and hair trying to get ready.

I was putting the finishing touches on my hair when Carl walked back in.

“You’re not even dressed yet.” He said in shock.

I rolled my eyes as I pushed past him to grab my dress. “Well I would be ready but someone had me preoccupied in the shower.”

He held his hands up. “Don’t blame me. You invited me to save water.”

I shimmied into my dress and turned around so he could zip me up. I walked over to the mirror and smoothed out my dress.

“Do I look okay?” I asked him as I did a spin.

He gave me a smile as he took my hand and pulled me to him.

“You look absolutely beautiful Olivia.” He said before he gave me a kiss.

We stayed like that for a few seconds, when Derick walked in.

“Ewww my eyes are burning!” He said covering his eyes.

I pulled away from Carl and threw a pillow at Derick.

“I see you and Ellie all the time kissing and don’t make one word. You walk in on us, and you become a kid.”

Derick shrugged. “You two look nice.”

“Thanks Brassy, but we need to get going or the groom is gonna have my ass.” Carl said as he dragged me out the door.

“Call your girlfriend!” I yelled at Derick as we rushed out the door.

----------------------

Shortly after, I sat in the back row of the chairs they set up for the reception, making funny faces at Carl as he stood up front while they ran through the ceremony.

As soon as they were done, he came running to me.

“Just don’t do that tomorrow during the real thing, or you will get us both killed.” He softly said in my ear as we followed the crowd indoors for the dinner.

I giggled. “I don’t know what you are talking about good sir.”

He pulled my chair out for me before I sat down. As soon as he sat beside me, his hand was on my leg.

Throughout the dinner, I got to know his friends, and even heard some interesting stories about Carl.

About three hours in, I put my head on his shoulder as he wrapped his arm around me.

“You about ready Liv?”

I nodded as he started to say our goodbyes. I thanked the bride and groom for allowing me to be part of the dinner as I gathered my purse.

Once we got into the cab, I linked my arm with his as I put my hand in his.

“You okay?” He said rubbing his thumb up and down my hand.

I nodded. “It is just so surreal that was me two months ago. It feels like an entirely different life.”

“Are you happy? I mean that you didn’t go through with the wedding?” He asked cautiously.

I smiled. “Yes. I mean, if I would have married Michael, I would have never been able to spend a month of my life in paradise, or be here with you.” I said as I nudged him when he smiled. “I honestly would have been so miserable right now if it wasn’t for you coming into my life.”

“Liv, look, I’m sorry about Hawaii. I just-”

I put my hand over his mouth. “Carl, I swear to God if you ruin the mood, I will kill you.”

He laughed against my hand before removing it. “Okay fine.”

When we got to the hotel, I took off my shoes and we walked arm in arm up to my room.

“Okay, so what time do I need to absolutely need to be ready tomorrow?” I asked him when we got to our doors.

“I need to be out of here by 9. But I can send a car for you later if you want. The wedding isn’t until 1.”

I sighed as I nodded. “That works. Gives me time to sleep in.”

He laughed as he kissed my forehead. “Godnatt älskling.”

I went into my room and put a tank on and threw my hair up before I climbed into bed.

I heard some things fall and the guys laughing and yelling as I chuckled.

I got comfortable in bed and was soon asleep.

A little later, I heard my adjoining door open and shut as someone got into bed with me.

I felt Carl kiss my ear as I turned over to look at him.

“I didn’t mean to wake you love. Derick is drunk and is singing some old country western song. I couldn’t handle him.”

I chuckled as I cuddled into his chest. “It’s okay. You’re warm and snuggly.”

He laughed as he kissed my forehead. “Go back to sleep Liv.”

-------------------------------

I woke up the next morning to the sound of Carl’s alarm going off. I groaned as I went to get out of bed, only to realize I was sandwiched between two bodies.

what the?

I turned my back to a sleeping Carl only to come face to face with Derick.

“Are you fucking kidding me?” I said loud enough to wake Carl up.

“Liv what’s goi- Dude! What are you doing?” He said as he shoved Derick awake.

“Huh? Wha? How did I end up in here?” Derick asked as he rubbed his eyes.

“That’s what we wanna know.” I said as I pulled the blanket over my bare legs.

“Last thing I remember is Carl coming back from the dinner.” Derick yawned.

“Brassy, I left you in that room singing country songs sitting in bed. I even took the last bottle away from you before you could drink it.” Carl laughed.

Derick shrugged. “I must have realized you were gone and I was lonely. Liv, you are a great cuddler by the way.”

I shoved him out of my bed. “Bye Derick.”

He grumbled something as he walked back into their room and Carl shook his head and gave me a kiss.

“I need to get going Liv. I will send a car for you at noon. Is that good?”

I nodded as I got comfortable again. “That works. Do me a favor and lock that adjoining door when you leave. I don’t need Derick climbing in bed with me again.”

He laughed as he got up.
“Will do.” He said as Derick yelled “I heard that!”

-------------------------

A couple hours later, I walked into the guy’s room, holding my dress up.

“Hey idiot, come zip me up!” I said as I turned my back to Derick as he sat on his bed.

“Do I have to?” He whined as he got up.

“Yes, cause you owe me for climbing in bed with us.”

He groaned as he got up and zipped me up. He looked me up and down as i fixed my hair in the mirror.

“Did you buy that in New York?”

I nodded. “Yeah why?”

He shrugged. “Looks good on you.”

I rolled my eyes as I heard my phone ping.

“Okay, that’s my car. You think it’s knock your socks off good?”

“For me? Nah. You’re not my type. But Carl? Absolutely.”

I smiled as I ran back in my room for my purse before heading downstairs.

About fifteen minutes later, I walked into the wedding alone. I heard and saw people whispering and staring as I walked in.

“Olivia!” I heard Carl yell.

I craned my neck looking for him before I finally saw him and I smiled as he came walking towards me.

“Liv, you look- well let’s just say if we weren’t at a wedding, you’d be the best looking one here.” He said as he took my in his arms.

“Don’t say that too loud. The bride might hear you.” I joked.

He chuckled. “I will come find you after the ceremony. So don’t disappear.”

“I promise.” I said as he disappeared back into the crowd.

I followed a group of people into the ceremony area, and grabbed a seat towards the back.

Soon, the groom and groomsmen were at the altar and the music started to play.

I stood as the bride began her walk down the aisle as I looked up from to see Carl looking at me, smiling.

I smiled back as the ceremony started and everyone sat back down.

The ceremony was absolutely stunning and gorgeous. As soon as the priest announced ‘You may kiss the bride’ the crowd applauded.

After the ceremony, I hung around for about 10 minutes before I felt two arms wrap around me.

“I take back what I said earlier, you are the most beautiful one here today.” Carl said as he pulled me close.

I leaned against him. “That was such a beautiful ceremony.”

“Mmhmmm.” He mumbled against my hair. “Let’s get out of here.”

I laughed as I turned around. “You can’t leave. You are part of the bridal party.”

He sighed. “All I want to do is get you back to the hotel and get out of that dress.”

I shook my head and chuckled as I took his hand and lead him into the reception.

“You’re gonna have to wait hot stuff. You got responsibilities.”

He groaned as we joined the party. We were separated most of the dinner, with him sitting at the main table, and myself sitting at a table where I knew no one.

After dessert, I heard someone clear their throat behind me. I turned around to see Carl, holding out his hand.

“Come dance with me.”

I smiled and took his hand and followed him out to the dance floor as he pulled me close.

“I don’t want to let you go tomorrow.” He softly said.

I frowned. “And I don’t want to leave you, but I need to go back to reality. And you need to enjoy your time off.”

He groaned as he spun me around.

“So what, we go back to being friends tomorrow?” He asked me.

I sighed. “What do you want me to say Carl?”

“I want you to say that you will be mine. No more of this bullshit. I don’t want to be just friends with you Olivia.” He stopped as he looked me dead in the eyes.

I bit my lip and nodded. “Okay.”

His eyes lit up. “Okay?”

I smiled. “Okay."