Days of Black and Gold

Same Old, Same Old

“You will take my advice?”

“Just give me some time,” I sighed, looking around. I had agreed to meet Alex out by the bus after the game for a little talk, as he described it. Knowing that Sidney would be bombarded by media for quite some time, I figured it couldn’t hurt. “Can I make sure that the relationship is worth it before I go breaking it apart?”

“Have you had sex with him?”

My head shot to face him, and my jaw dropped. “What?”

“I know you and Robin had troubles these past months, and she left over a month ago. You must be going through withdrawals. So, have you had sex with Sidney?”

“Yes,” I mumbled, knowing he would see through any lie I gave him. “Once.”

“Then you know it is worth the trouble.”

“How can you be certain?”

“When was the last time you slept with someone just for fun?”

“It was just after high school.”

“Really?” Alex’s brows raised in surprise.

“Why would I lie?”

“Good story?” He suggested.

“It was a good story,” I smirked, giving him a nudge. “Just like all of the other ones I’ve told you when it comes to my sex life.”

“You never told me.”

“I didn’t think it was that important,” I shrugged. “It was a one-night stand that happened years ago. Besides, that was one of the last times I was with a man.”

“Does he know he made you lesbian?”

“He didn’t make me gay,” I laughed, shaking my head. “And he doesn’t know I’ve been with women over the past few years.”

“He’s not the one you have to be worried about. Sidney is your boyfriend, and you should be honest with him.”

“Have you been honest with your wife?”

“Maggie,” he warned. “That was a mistake. What you are doing with Sidney is not. What you had with Robin was not a mistake either.”

“Well, we all have secrets, Alex.”

“Not all secrets need to be revealed.”

“Yet, mine do,” I muttered. “I’ll tell him. I always planned on it, even before he asked me out. Now it might just take a bit longer.”

“What this?”

Both of our head’s shot toward the new voice.

“You make bargain with devil?”

“Funny, Geno,” I rolled my eyes. “We are just talking.”

“Sid look for you inside.”

“He’s done with all the media?”

“Дa.”

“Can I call you tomorrow?” The question was directed at Alex, as Evgeni waited patiently for me.

“We will be in Philly. Call anytime.” He touched my shoulder lightly before heading in the direction of the bus.

“Shall we go back in?” I smiled at Evgeni.

“You friends with Ovechkin?”

“I am.”

“He nice to you?”

“He is.”

“I kick ass if he not.”

“Don’t worry, Geno,” I assured him. “He is very nice to me. One of the few from the team that I hangout with outside of work. Nice goal, by the way.”

“Спасибо,” he said, opening the door for me. “I not see you at event last night.”

“We arrived late, and left early. You know how Sid needs his beauty sleep.”

“Sid too happy to have sleep only.”

“Well, you can bring that up with him,” I chuckled, as Sidney approached. I kissed his cheek as he wrapped an arm around my waist.

“You ready to go?”

“In a minute,” I smirked. “Geno has a question for you.”

“What you do last night?”

“We were at the banquet,” Sidney frowned, glancing between the two of us.

“We should have banquet every night,” Evgeni chuckled. “You play better after banquet.”

“Geno thinks you didn’t sleep much last night.”

“You very happy man,” the large Russian winked.

“I am a very happy man,” Sidney laughed. “I’ll see you tomorrow, Geno.”

“You did have a great game tonight,” I grinned up at the brunette as he steered us to his Range Rover. “I love getting to watch you play.”

“I’m glad you had a good time,” he said, sliding into the driver’s seat. “Where did you take off to after the game?”

“Went outside to have a chat with Alex.”

“Ovechkin?”

“The one and only.”

“I know you said I don’t have to worry, but are you sure?”

“Come on, Sid,” I groaned. “He’s a friend. Please don’t start getting jealous.”

“Look at it from my perspective, Margot. You are good friends with one of our biggest rivals.”

“That’s just it, Sid. We are just friends. Besides, he said you were a good guy, and warned me not to break your heart.”

“Bullshit.”

“Honest truth,” I swore. “I know he wants me to be happy. Did the guys bug you about me tonight?”

“No, should they have?”

“Not at all!” I exclaimed. “I asked Alex not to. He must have made it clear for the team, too. I know you don’t, but I trust him.”

“You’re right,” Sidney agreed. “I don’t trust him, but I trust you. If you say there is nothing to worry about, then I guess there is nothing to worry about.”