Status: I love Shizaya, they're my OTP <3

Daring!

The Girl

The next day at school, I dragged my feet in the halls, I avoided Shizuo, and I was more than rude to Shinra. I was very testy and my thoughts were shrouded in the overwhelming emotion of.. what? Heartbreak? Despair? I thought I had hated Shizuo and that I only wanted his body. Did my dream actually make me fall in love with him? He was a stupid, reckless, angry, idiotic monster, but why did I hurt so much? Why did his words lash me to the core?
"Orihara-san..!" I heard a soft voice call behind me. It was a girl in my class standing there with her hands behind her back and a slight blush on her cheeks. I knew what was going on. She was going to confess her love for me. Some stupid little girl thought that she was good enough to be with me and that I would like her in return. Get real.
"I don't want to hear it." I said in monotone and gazed at her with uncaring eyes.
“O-oh…” she squeaked and her eyes fell to the floor, staring hard and trying not to cry. I was very annoyed until a thought struck me. Maybe messing with her could take my mind off of the monster that managed to hurt me this time.
The girl started to walk away, but I grabbed her shoulder and gave her a fake tender smile. “I’m sorry.” I whispered and walked closer to her. “Would you be interested in going out after school?”
Everyone in the hallway stopped and stared at us. They all thought I was gay and were surprised that I had just asked a girl out. I chuckled softly and smiled down at my new plaything.
“What’s your name?” I asked, not giving her time to answer my first question.
“I-it’s Sayuri..”
“Like the geisha? Sounds good to me.” I purred and winked at her. Sayuri’s eyes lit up and she giggled and nodded her head.
“I’d love to go out with you! I’ll meet you at the front gate!” She said and walked quickly to her next class. I decided to skip class and go to the roof. I needed some fresh air.

When I got there, I looked out over the school and inhaled the fresh cold air deeply. My eyes closed and I felt myself relax. My thoughts of Shizuo were drifting away and I slowly slid down into a sitting position. I was tired and I didn’t sleep well the previous night. I felt myself fade into a deep sleep…

“Wake the hell up!” I heard a distant shout and my vision came to me in a blurry wave. I sat up and rubbed my eyes a few times before looking up and finding Shizuo standing over me. I blinked and stared at him in silence.
“I heard you’re going out with Sayuri today after school.” He said calmly. I nodded.
“What are you planning to do, flea?” That word. He hadn’t called me that in a while. It stung slightly. I stood up and stretched my arms and letting out a relaxed groan.
“I’m not using her for anything.” I said and rolled my eyes. “She’s cute, her name is pretty, and she’s smart. What more could I ask for?”
Shizuo studied me for a few seconds before growling. “I swear to god if you--”
“--IF I what?” I said, not giving him a chance to finish. “God, you’re so fucking stupid. You told me to leave you alone and here you are following me around the school and asking me about the people I’m involved with. This is why no one will ever love you.” I said and glared at him. “You’re too idiotic to even remember what you say to people.”
Shizuo stopped growling and his shoulders fell. “You’re right. I’m sorry.” I walked by him and purposely slammed my shoulder into his.
“I have to go back to leaving you alone now, like you wanted.”

Once school finally ended, I met Sayuri at the front gate and we started walked towards town.
“Orihara-san, what do you want to do today?” She asked trying not to sound too excited, but I knew. I always know.
“I was thinking I could give you a personal tour of Ikebukuro. Y’know,” I said and got real close to her. “The Izaya tour.”
“Okay!” Sayuri said and giggled. “Lead the way!”
I nodded and started to walk in front of her. I lead her down all sorts of back alleyways, old streets, through and in old buildings, I introduced her to some gang members, and then we stopped at the park.
“Are you thirsty?” I asked, sitting on the fountain exactly where I sat the first time I played with Shizuo and bought him sushi.
“I’m actually a little hungry, are you hungry?” Sayuri asked and smiled at me. She made me sick, trying to act all kind and cute. She was just like every other high school girl trying to impress the hot guy she had a crush on.
“Sayuri, don’t worry about me!” I said and poked her forehead. “Do you like sushi? I know a great place.”
“Sushi sounds great. Uh.. just get me whatever you get.”
Sayuri obviously had never eaten sushi before. She just wanted to seem more interesting to me, but it didn’t work. She was just a simple boring girl with no importance to the world unlike me. I was very important to the world. I could change it.
“Alright, I’ll be right back.” I said then walked off to Russian sushi.
Simon greeted me with a boisterous “HEEA IZAYA” like usual and then gave a hearty laugh.
“Hi Simon, I’d like some ootoro.” I said, not wanting to waste much time away from my play thing.
“Right away!” Simon said in Russian. I had been studying and knew simple phrases such as the ones I heard him say in his restaurant all the time.
“Thank you.” I said back in his native tongue, which caused him to laugh more.
“You know how to speak Russian?” Simon asked in Russian.
“I know a lot of things, Simon.” I answered, not in japanese.
“Russian is a dangerous language. Don’t let it get you into trouble, young Izaya”
“I’ll try.”
“SIMON” I heard his coworker yell. “Stop speaking the mother language with our customers!”
Simon turned to me and gave me the to-go box with the sushi in it. “Keep practicing. Your accent is still very japanese.”
I nodded, paid, and left to go back to Sayuri. Her eyes lit up when she saw me.
“You’re back!” she said happily. Then she hugged me. I felt nauseous having to touch her like that, but it was perfect because I finally found Shizuo watching us from behind a bush.
“I missed you.” I whispered and gazed down at her. She peered into my eyes and I pressed our foreheads together. Then I kissed her. It was a simple kiss. No tongue, just lips. It didn’t mean anything to me, but I knew it meant the world to shizuo because after that the next thing I head was a loud crash and “IIIIIIIZZZZAAAAAAAYYYYYYYAAAAAAAA” Then I was happy.
♠ ♠ ♠
OH, what's gonna happen?