Status: Rewriting currently. Will update with some new content soon!

The New Drummer

Chapter Nine

I had been on the tour bus 6 hours and I was already getting cabin fever, which was something that never happened to me when I was a tour manager. I think I read and reread the same line in my book for the last hour getting nowhere. I was contemplating walking to the main area of the bus when the curtain to my bunk was quickly ripped open.

“Are you done being antisocial?” Brian asked teasingly and I rolled my eyes as I marked the place in my book.

“I was never antisocial you four didn’t invite me to your card game,” I said giving him a smirk.

“Oh,” Brian said trying to go over in his head if they really had forgotten to invite me to their card game.

I just laughed at the look at shook my head.

“Definitely not mad Bri,” I said, “You’re fine.”

I had marked my spot in my book and swung my legs over the bunk to stand up.

“Well we just pulled up to the hotel. We’re going to check in and then head to dinner,” Brian said, “You can meet the rest of the crew at dinner.”

“Sweet but why are we staying in a hotel?” I asked, “I thought we were only doing one show in Sacramento.”

“Larry just told us that the label added another date without telling us and both shows are sold out,” Brian stated as we got off the bus.

“Oh,” I said trying to figure out where I didn’t get that part of the conversation when Larry called.

“And she finally graces us with her presence,” Johnny exclaimed and I just rolled my eyes.

“I’m just glad to be off the bus,” I said exasperated, “And I get an extra two days in a real bed.”

“Bus Fever already Queen Roadie?” Zack asked shocked.

“I haven’t been in a tour bus doing absolutely nothing for years!” I exclaimed.

“Now I know why your father told me to keep an eye on you,” I heard my godfather’s voice and I immediately whipped my head around to see Joe with his long white hair and beard to match.

“Uncle Joe!” I exclaimed rushing over to him and giving him a big hug, “I was wondering why Dad said that I needed to go on tour without a mentor or with blood related family.”

“You two know each other?” Matt asked confused.

“Joe’s my godfather,” I said, “My dad and Joe go way back.”

“We were business partners while this one was growing up,” Joe said elbowing my side and I smiled lightly.

“We are touring with my family’s tour company,” I said giving the guys duh looks, “Uncle Joe and Dad built it from the ground up.”

“I thought we went with someone else,” Johnny said and I rolled my eyes.

“You guys have been touring with our company for years I think you all knew about this and didn’t tell me,” I said crossing my arms as we walked into the hotel.

“And you would be correct,” I heard a familiar voice and I immediately spun around and squealed when I saw Lyn the drum tech who I always worked with, “Your usual crews working this tour.”

“Lyn!” I squealed as we hugged and the guys were all grinning at me, “You’re my drum tech!?”

“Damn straight,” she said grinning at me, “I wouldn’t let the best tour manager I worked for have some shitty drum tech. Besides your father pulled some strings and you have most of your normal crew you bossed around on tour this time.”

“Seriously,” I looked between Uncle Joe and the guys.

“All Brian’s doing,” Matt said pointing at Brian who looked a bit uncomfortable, “He thought you’d might like some family on tour, so he worked with your dad on it.”

“Really?” I asked looking at him as he was rubbing the back of his neck.

“Yeah,” he said, “I just remember our first tour. . .”

Before Brian could finish his sentence, I hugged him tightly which definitely caught him off guard.

“Thank you,” I said, “You’re the best.”

Brian smiled lightly at him and before anything else could be said, I heard some of the guys from the last tour and I grinned lightly and went over to hug them. We had spent a good twenty minutes in the lobby having Uncle Joe check us in when Brian brought me my room key.

“You ready roomie?” he asked and I nodded my head.

“Let’s go,” I said smiling.

When we got to the elevator, Matt, Zack, and Johnny were waiting for us.

“So you tell her the bad news?” Matt asked.

“What bad news?” I asked staring at Brian confused.

“You have to room with Brian,” Johnny said like it was obvious.

“And how is that bad news?” I asked confused.

“Man takes longer than you to get ready,” Zack said and I looked at Brian who was glaring at the guys and I just rolled my eyes.

“Last time I checked Matt you snore like a chainsaw when you sleep, Zack takes the longest showers in the history of showers, and Johnny is just plain gross with leaving his clothes all over the place,” I said, “Did everyone forget the press we did in different cities?”

Brian was just smirking and the guys were glaring at me.

“What can’t handle the truth?” I asked raising an eyebrow.

“You’re a sleep talker you know that right,” Zack said.

“I sleep walk on occasions too,” I said, “You enjoy my dreams? They’re pretty hot right?”

Everyone then started laughing as we reached the floor.

“Brian and I have designated bathroom times,” I said, “Bet you all twenty bucks we’re down in the lobby on time tomorrow.”

“Easiest twenty bucks I’ll make,” Matt said shaking my hand as everyone laughed at us.

“Well then we’ll see about that tomorrow,” I said smirking as the guys looked between me and Matt.

We then went to our respected rooms and I followed Brian to the room we were sharing. The reason why I wasn’t upset with sharing a room with Brian was because when we first started I told the guys that I didn’t have a problem with sharing a room and if we could save a few bucks with taking turns with three people in a room and two people in a room it was a bonus. When we were growing up I shared a room with my brothers until they were old enough to need a room to themselves so it wasn’t going to be much different. As we walked into the room, I laughed when Brian claimed the bed closest to the door.

“Why do you always do that?” I asked laughing lightly, “Are you going to book it out of the room before trying to help me if there’s an emergency?”

Brian’s eyes widened and I just laughed and shook my head.

“Brian I’m just kidding,” I said and he relaxed a bit.

“Right,” Brian said as I threw my overnight bag on the bed.

“So where are we eating tonight?” I asked as I sat cross legged on the bed turning on the TV.

“I have no idea,” Brian said as he took a seat on his respected bed.

“Thank you by the way,” I said setting the remote down, “For talking to my dad about setting up a good crew. I really do appreciate it. I’m a bit nervous about not doing my old job for the first time and I think having family with me will help.”

“Anytime Evie,” Brian said smiling at me, “I remember being nervous on our first time and I know the guys will agree I just want you to be comfortable.”

I don’t know what it was about what Brian said but for some odd reason, I could feel the mood change from light and playful to serious.

“Thanks,” I said feeling my cheeks flush, “No one’s ever been that considerate of my feelings in a really long time.”

“I think guys forget about girls’ feelings,” he said, “So I’m trying not to let that happen to us.”

“Okay,” I said getting up from my bed and sitting next to Brian, “You deserve a giant hug.”

“Oh,” Brian started but I ignored what he was about to say and hugged him.

I was hoping that Brian didn’t notice that we hugged a bit longer than normal but the hug just felt different than all the other normal hugs we had. It felt less forced and more natural than the others. When I let go, I smiled lightly at Brian and he was doing the same.

“Thank you,” I said and he nodded my head.

We were quite for a few minutes before, I looked at time.

“We should probably head back down,” I said getting off the bed.

As I got off the bed, Brian put his hand on my arm and I could feel the electric feeling like I always did when we touched skin to skin.

“Evie,” he said and I turned around, “I’m always going to try and protect you.”

“Thanks,” I said, “Same here Bri.”

I don’t know what Brian was implying but I knew one thing things were going to different between Brian and I. I didn’t know what it was but things were going to change and for some reason I was ready for it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the delay in updating I've been trying to get a good chapter written. Sorry if it isn't the best. Let me know what you all think!