A Little Piece of Heaven

Chapter 38

Matt's POV

I opened my eye's. I felt fucking wonderful and I couldn't help myself, I turned over and she was there, sleeping, she was even beautiful sleeping.

God, was last night even real? It seemed like a dream to me.

I layed there watching her and honestly I could have layed here watching her forever, she really was beautiful.

However when she woke up it became apparent something was wrong. She wouldn't even look at me.

She got out of bed, not saying a word and when I went downstairs she went back upstairs, locking herself in her room.

What had I done? When we went to sleep everything had been fine, now, something had changed, it was blazingly obvious.

I sat on the couch, a million thoughts running through my head. Last night had been so perfect, well I thought it was, what had happened. Maybe she was using me......maybe she just wanted sex.

I groaned, closing my eyes, surely not, something like that was more than a quick fuck.

I went up, knocking on her door. "Charlotte?"

"Go away Matthew." She snapped.

"Can we talk?" I asked softly.

"I have nothing to say." She snapped back quickly.

Jesus, this woman was ripping my heart out.

I sat on the couch sulking and thinking until Elizabeth came over. She always scared the shit out of me and today was no different. She came stomping in, then up to see Charlotte then back down to me.

The list.....this was all over the fucking list, I couldn't believe it and I couldn't believe Charlotte thought I was doing it out of charity. Jesus Christ, that stupid fucking list.

Elizabeth was furious and she lectured me and my penis then left.

I sat there, thinking. Should I talk to Charlotte or should I wait? I didn't know. I was confused and a little bit angry that Charlotte would think such a thing, what kind of a person did she think I was?

I was still lost in my thoughts when Charlotte came downstairs. She walked straight past me, ignoring me and straight into the kitchen.

Screw this, I thought getting up and following her. We were talking whether she wanted to or not.

"Charlotte." I said, she was looking in the fridge, but she ignored me. "Charlotte." I said a little more harshly.

"What?" She snapped.

"We need to talk." I told her firmly.

"What about?" She said, slamming the fridge and yanking a drawer open. "Wanna discuss this?" She said grabbing something and waving papers in my face.

"Fucking what?" I snapped back.

"The list." She told me, still waving it in my face.

I grabbed the fucking list and threw it in the air. "Fuck your list."

"Ha yes." She snorted. "You seemed pretty fucking interested in it before, helping out a poor sick girl."

She was pissing me off. "Bullshit." I yelled. God, I was infuriated that she would think that.

"I didn't realise you were an actor too." She snapped.

That was it. I grabbed her, pulling her closer and slamming my lips to hers, kissing her hard.

She put her hands on my chest, pushing me away, trying to anyway, I wasn't letting go.

If Elizabeth walked in now she'd beat the shit out of me! She really would.

"Did that feel like acting?" I asked her, pulling her closer as she tried to pull away still.

I wrapped my arms around her tightly so she couldn't move. "Charlotte, I read your list."

"Of course you fucking did." She muttered.

"Charlotte I was not acting, I was not doing it because I felt sorry for you." That was the truth.

She opened her mouth then shut it again, looking at me.

"Yes the fucking list gave me an idea but it was only so I could get closer to you Charlotte, I can't get you out of my fucking head." I moved my hand to her face, she didn't pull away so that was good. "I never planned on sleeping with you, do I regret it, no, but I didn't plan on it."

She looked up at me and fuck me she could ask me to do anything and I'd do it for her, I really would.

Fuck it, I kissed her again, only this time a little softer, it was as wonderful as last time. Charlotte responded, slipping her arms around my neck.

"I'm sorry you thought that." I murmured, holding her tightly.

"I'm sorry." She whispered. "For overreacting."

"Charlotte, we have something, something special, I want to find out what it is and where it might take us." And we did, we had something very special.

She nodded against my chest. "You feel it too?"

I kissed her again.

God yes I felt it.