A Little Piece of Heaven

Chapter 39

Charlottes POV

"Charlotte." He whispered softly. "Wake up."

"No." I didn't want to.

"Yes, Elizabeth will be here soon." He murmured.

I rolled over, snuggling into his chest. "So?"

"We need to get ready." He urged.

"I'd rather do something else." I murmured, kissing his chest lightly.

He sat up quickly. "No way, your sister would kill me."

I laughed as he stood up. "I'm going to shower." He told me, walking out.

I watched him walk into the bathroom, smiling and stretching. He was terrified of Elizabeth and I found it amusing, I really did.

I waited a few minutes before getting up and heading into the bathroom. I opened the shower door and got in.

"Charlotte, what are you doing?" He asked, looking at me with wide eye's.

"Getting ready." I murmured, running my hands over his soapy chest. I had a thing for his chest, I couldn't help it.

"Stop." He whispered.

"Aww come on baby." I whispered. "We can be quick."

"Charlotte." He said putting his hands on my shoulder. "Your sister will be here in a minute."

"So?" I asked smirking at him.

"So, she'll cut my dick off, so no." He said seriously.

I rolled my eye's at him, but didn't do anything else. He was genuinely scared of Elizabeth.

We showered quickly, quicker than I'd wanted and got out, wrapping ourselves in towels.

Suddenly there was a tap on the door. "Charlotte." Elizabeth called through the door. "Hurry up."

"I won't be long." I called out.

"Where's Matt?" She asked.

I looked at him and smirked.

"Uh, I'm here." He squeaked.

It was hilarious seeing such a huge guy looking so terrified, it really was.

"I see." Elizabeth said sternly. "Hurry up."

We listened to her walk back downstairs.

"She has a key?" Matt asked, looking horrified.

"Yes, but she only uses it when I don't answer." I told him.

"You could have told me." He said walking into the bedroom. "I mean what if we were, you know."

"No, what?" I giggled, dropping my towel.

He just glared at me, pulling on his clothes. "Not funny Charlotte."

I got dressed, quickly pulling my hair up.

"Ready?" He asked.

I nodded and he pulled me into his arms, kissing me softly.

"Let's go." He murmured.

We went downstairs and Elizabeth stood up, glaring at Matt. "Let's go." She said gruffly.

We walked out to her car and as we were getting in I heard her say to Matt. "You better be keeping that in your pants."

What a bitch, I thought smiling to myself.

We traveled in silence, Matt was in the back and I put my arm into the back to hold his hand and he took it, squeezing it gently.

We arrived at the specialists and as we were walking in I grabbed Elizabeths arm, pulling her back so I could talk to her.

"Why are you being so mean?" I asked quietly.

"Oh Charlotte." She laughed. "I'm just fucking with him, he's fucking adorable."

I shook my head, walking over to Matt, he slipped his arm around me and we headed inside.

"Bloods first." Elizabeth said.

I nodded, I knew, I'd done this so many times before.

"Want me to come in?" Matt asked softly.

I shook my head, I'd prefer to do it by myself.

"Okay." He murmured, kissing my forehead. "Just know I'm here for you."

For the first time in a long time I walked in smiling.

How did I get so lucky?

Matt gave me the strength to get better and for the first time, I was determined to beat this disease.