Status: Currently under edit; so if things seem off thats why.

Winter Nights

~Demon of What?~

Later that night in the hotel room while Kaleb was passed right out, I scrolled through the previous messages and emails on my phone; trying to figure out who could be doing this to us. It was racking my brain and I could not place the pieces of the puzzle together for the life of me.

I decided to go for a short walk outside alone to clear my head, I made my way over to the door and turned to see Kaleb mumbling something to himself in his sleep and pulling the sheets over his face. I grabbed my jacket and threw it over me and made my way out into the hotel hallway. The man sitting in the lobby glanced at me, bewildered I was going out into a small snowstorm at 1 am. I wasn’t going far, just around the hotel.

The wind was blistery and the cold stung my cheeks as I started my walk outside, I slid my hands into my coat pockets as I didn’t have my gloves on me at that moment. As I started pacing faster I got the feeling that there was someone else wandering behind me, I heard a slight tap, tap of feet on the ground and spun around to see no one behind me. But noticed footprints in the snow that were not there before, they were much larger so they were clearly not mine.

‘Faaaaiiiithhhhh…’

I heard a slight moaning of my name in the breeze, but still could see no one around. It was actually starting to irk me a little bit, but I kept on my walk and found myself at a frozen pond and a large statue of one of the old mayors of the city.

I felt a presence behind me and took a deep breath turning around in hopes of finally catching the being that had been following me. When I did I was taken aback by who stood in my presence.

A very tall man, wearing a dark black hoodie and black gloves; his face hidden behind the hood but I could barely make out his dimly lit features. His eyes were pitch black but his skin, was a very pale white and his lips a ghostly shade of red.

“Who are you?” I stammered as he pulled back the hood from his face, which made me wince at the sight of his appearance. He looked young, but also old at the same time; his eyes still pitch black and his smirk unsightly.

“Dare I tell you who I am my dear?” His voice gurgled and shook me to the core as he spoke, his lips barely moving at his words.

“Well… I wouldn’t mind to know?”

“Do you remember what happened to your father as a child, you know…what REALLY happened? Not the story you tell people.” I gulped wondering how he knew about the whole incident.

“How do you know?” I asked not sure if I truly wanted to know the answer to the question I just asked.

His eyes suddenly shone a deep fiery red color; he smirked before I finally heard what I was dreading to know escape his mouth.

“I am the Demon of Justice.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the short chapter, but I assure you it's building up to something big!! <3