Status: Co-Write|Original Slash|Active|Regular Updates

Ticking Time Bomb

Raiden

I opened my eyes to find that my alarm had not yet gone off; in fact it wouldn’t be going off for well over an hour. I slowly slid out of bed as Andy rolled off of me and walked to the bathroom so I could get cleaned up. I had taken a bath the previous night to ease the pain from one of Andy’s beatings which meant I wouldn’t need to shower this morning. I quickly brushed my teeth and hair before walking out of the bathroom and shutting off the light. Andy had not yet woken up which would give me some peace while I got ready for school. I quietly opened my walk-in closet and slipped inside without making too much noise, I looked over my dwindling wardrobe and decided that a pair of plain black skinny jeans and a long-sleeve v-neck shirt would be my chosen outfit for the day along with some plum colored vans to finish it off. I sat down at the vanity and looked myself over in the mirror before sighing. I looked like a mess with my bruised up eye and my cut lip. They were my “rewards” for burning last night’s dinner after Andy got home from work.

I put in my deep emerald green contact lenses before applying a thick layer of foundation to make my skin seem flawless. The only plus side to living with Andy: makeup skills improved. I started lining my eyes when I felt strong, masculine arms wrap around me and pull me back against an equally masculine chest. I tensed and put down my eyeliner so I wouldn’t mess it up and looked up at Andy. He kissed my head gently and rested his head on top of mine.

“You know I love you Raiden, I can’t help that I’m so violent but you put up with me and still stay by my side. I couldn’t ask for anyone else.” He said with a smooth and husky voice.

I laughed bitterly inside my head but kept quiet outside; I didn’t dare speak out of term with Andy. He chuckled before kissing the side of my neck and pulling away to allow me to resume getting ready while he went to shower. I let out a breath I hadn’t realized I’d been holding and finished my eyeliner before he came back. I stood up and used a lint roller on my clothing to remove any stray hairs and grabbed my backpack. Andy had to work an early shift today at the local supermarket so I would walking to school by myself.

“Andy?” I asked as I walked into the bathroom.

“Yes my sexy Raiden?” He asked as he popped his head out of the shower curtain.

“Can I borrow a jacket? It’s snowing and mine isn’t thick enough.” I asked careful how I worded it.

Truthfully Andy stopped buying me clothing since he would beat me and ruin them with blood then make me throw them away afterwards. The jacket that I had in the closet was paper thin and only meant for cooler summer nights, not harsh blizzard-like snowfall that was going on outside.

“No, you don’t need to borrow one. Use the one you have.” Andy said stern with his voice.

I nodded and walked out of the bathroom since I knew there was no purpose in trying to argue with him. Arguing with Andy only ended up in another bruise that I would have to cover later on. I grabbed my old, worn jacket from within my closet, turned off the 6am alarm, and headed out the door yelling my goodbyes as I left. I wished I had just taken one of his jackets, he had so many he’d never notice one gone, but I didn’t want to take the risk. Even if that risk sounded better than freezing to death. I was thankful my school was only a twenty minute walk from our apartment because I don’t think I would’ve been able to handle more than that.

I arrived at the school a little after 6:45am since the snow slowed me down considerably, I don’t know why the school board hadn’t just cancelled school that day, but then again school’s weren’t the brightest despite being places of learning. I headed straight for the counselors office like I did every morning, I had to do a daily check-in to make sure that I was feeling alright that day mentally, and if I wasn’t then I was to talk with the school counselor until I did. Of course ever since they called Andy on a day that I was feeling like killing myself I’ve had to lie or get beat the second I got home. It should be obvious which one I chose.

I was released just after the ring of the bell so I was given a late pass by the counselor and they informed my homeroom teacher for me. I put my things away in my locker, keeping out only what was necessary for Biology, and walked into my homeroom.

“How was everyone’s winter break?” The biology teacher, Ms. Biggs, asked just as I was walking into the room. I heard the collective ‘good’ as I handed her my late pass and walked straight to the table I shared with Chris when he was on time.

The classes seemed to just fly past me as I mindlessly made my way through Biology and English. I didn’t even realize what time it was until I heard the bell for lunch and hurried to my locker. I deposited my things before heading towards the lunchroom where my best friend Chris would, hopefully, be waiting for me. I could really use a Chris hug because I wasn’t sure how much longer I could go on living in this state of numbness and having to constantly lie to everyone. I needed Chris before I did something that I knew I would regret.