Betrayed

Chapter 15

"Hey." Brian said, sitting down next to me.

"Hey." I said, wishing he wouldn't.

I was currently laying on a sun lounge, finally dry and now he'd ruined it by coming over.

I looked at the pool. Matt and Zack were still in, goofing around. We'd all had something to eat and now everyone was sitting around, talking quietly amongst themselves.

"How have you been?" He asked me, looking at me and smiling.

I nodded. "Okay I guess." But I was better until he came over.

He nodded and we lapsed into silence, both staring at the pool, both thinking.

"What have you been doing?" He asked, finally breaking the silence.

"Just working, looking for a place to live." I told him flatly, I really did not want to talk to him.

"You sick of Matt?" He chuckled.

"Not so much, I just think I'm in the way." I said glaring at him.

He smiled at me and nodded. "You know." He said looking at the pool. "You could always come home."

"Brian." I said softly. I couldn't go home, ever.

"Gabrielle." He said, taking my hand. "I miss you, so much."

"I can't." I whispered, trying to pull my hand out of his grip.

"God Gabby, I am so sorry and I would give anything to take it back." He turned to me. and I had to admit, he looked pretty damn sorry.

"But you can't take it back." I whispered. Great, I was starting to get upset.

"Name it baby." He murmured, leaning towards me. "You name it and I'll do it, anything to have you back with me, where you belong."

"Please stop." I whispered and I really wanted him to stop.

"I'm not stopping, you belong with me Gabby. I fucked up and I hate myself for it but I swear I'll never fuck up again." He murmured, looking at me.

I closed my eye's, wishing he would stop, wishing he would go away.

"Hey." Matt said, plonking down on my lounge and getting me wet.

"Thanks." I growled at him, wiping myself with my hands.

"My pleasure." He grinned.

Brian still had my hand and he squeezed it gently.

"So." Matt said, obviously sensing my distress. "What's going on?"

"Not much." Brian told him shortly.

"Gabby." Matt murmured, putting his lips to my ear. "Everything okay?"

I nodded, smiling, ignoring the goosebumps that had erupted all over my body.

"I'm trying to convince her to come home." Brian told him, meeting his eye's, glaring at him.

"Is that right?" Matt asked, raising his eyebrows. "And how's that working out?"

Brian looked at me. "Not so good. But." He said, looking at Matt. "I'll never stop trying."

Him and Matt looked at eachother and I felt like something passed between them only I wasn't sure what it was.

"I see." Matt said. "Gabby how do you feel about that?" He asked, looking at me.

I opened my mouth to reply but Brian cut me off.

"I think your fiancé wants you." He said to Matt.

I just sat there, a little shocked. I wasn't sure what had just happened, but something certainly had.