The Hurt You Sold

Seventeen

About 2 weeks had passed since Lyla had lunch with Frank. They had spoken a bit in texting but she didn't press the issue to see him. She didn't feel comfortable talking to him knowing he had a girlfriend. She had forgotten how to just be his friend, it was easier to just keep conversation at a minimal for now. Gerard recently had to say goodbye to Eliza who had to go to London for her next show. Mikey on the other hand was spending almost all of his time with Mason and while Lyla wasn't at work he was having fun with her.

"Mom, is Mikey coming over today?" Mason asked excited for it to finally be Saturday morning.

"I don't know baby. Go get my phone and see."

"Mom your phone is ringing!" He announced running back to her from the living room.

"Ok thank you." She chuckled at her out of breath son. "Hello?" She smiled setting down on the bed.

"Hey Lyla it's Calvin." Her boss greeted.

"Oh hey whats up?"

"I guess there's no easy way to say this but we have to let you go."

"What? Why?" She quickly stood up eyeing her son.

"Not a lot of newspapers have been selling so we've had to make some cuts. I'm really sorry."

"Wow, I am too." She responded tossing her phone.

"What's wrong mommy?"

"Nothing baby. I'm going to go take a shower. Go ahead and call Mikey if you want."

Lyla stood under the hot water until it ran cold. She just couldn't believe she was jobless. Just like that. she didn't want Mason to know which is why she hurried him along. He was only a kid he didn't need to worry about adult things. This news really did set her back a bit considering all the other emotions she was going through. This just made it worse. She tossed her thoughts aside and got out. The smell of coconut filled the bathroom as she shook her hair back and forth. She wrapped her soaking hair up in a towel to grab some clothes. She stepped into a pair of yoga capris and put on a sports bra until she could decide on a shirt.

"Mase!" She called walking down the hallway.

"Yeah?" He responded riding his computer chair out of his room.

"Did you call Mikey?" She laughed at his goofy behavior.

"Yes he said he was going to be here in a little bit."

"Alright. I'm going to go blow dry my hair so listen out for him." She said walking back to her room. A few minutes went by until Mason heard Mikey's car lock. He ran to the door jumping for joy as if he were a dog waiting for it's master to come home and play with him.

"Uh Mason!" Mikey groaned as Mason greeted him with a fully loaded nerf gun.

"I got you!" Mason cackled giving Mikey a hug.

"You sure did. Where's your mommy?"

"Drying her hair. She got a call earlier and she seemed upset over it." Mason whispered.

"Ok buddy, get an idea of what you want to do today. I'll go check on your mom."

"Awesome!" He clapped rushing off to his room.

"Lyla?" He knocked at her half cracked door. HE pushed it open to hear her hair dryer still going. He walked around her dresser that was up against the wall that between the door to her room and the door to the bathroom. Lyla was standing there with her eyes closed and her head thrown back blowing the hot air all through her hair. Mikey was almost embarrassed to be staring but the amount of scars that covered her stomach and legs was to intoxicating to look away from. Even though she had tattoos scattered over her body the silvery marks that were left on her skin was still visible.

"You know it's rude to stare." She smiled peaking one eye open and cocking her head to the side to give him that signature glare she had.

"You're definitely supernatural." He nervously laughed rubbing the back of his neck with his left hand while his right rested in his front pocket.

"No I've got mom senses." She laughed turning off the dryer.

"Oh I guess." He chuckled feeling awkward looking at her exposed stomach.

"I'm not naked Michael."

"Yeah I know." He rushed out looking at the ceiling, rocking back and forth on his heels.

"Do you want to touch them?" She asked turning fully to him.

"What?" He gulped looking into her eyes.

"My scars weirdo."

"Oh! Uhm. Sure." He cleared his throat taking the tips of his fingers just above her belly button.

"That was the first one." She informed tracing the horizontal scar with Mikey. "And this was the last." She finished taking his hand to the scar above her left breast.

"You're like Edward Scissorhands." Was all he could think to say. Mikey dropped his hands down to her waist. He looked over her scars again and then was trapped inside her bright green eyes. At that moment they were both confused about their own feelings. But Lyla sat up on the sink and Mikey moved forward in between her legs and rested his forehead on hers. Mikey rested his hands on her thighs as he tilted his head to be opposite of Lyla's. She licked her lips before colliding her lips with his. They held that one kiss for a few seconds before looking at each other, no words were exchanged. They quickly engaged their lips back together after a few seconds of staring.

Lyla seemed to be more of the aggressor. She bit at the bottom of his lip wanting to deepen the kiss. He smiled into the kiss allowing her entrance as they engaged in their tongue battle. Lyla ran her hands through his hair readjusting his glasses every time she ruffled his hair. Mikey moved his hands from her thighs to her hips, his breathing beginning to go uneasy from the lack of air. Lyla hadn't felt this much excitement in a long time. She hadn't kissed anyone since Frank all those years ago and she had forgotten how nice it felt to be willingly intimate with someone. Even if she was sharing that intimacy with someone she kind of considered her little brother when they were younger. Lyla was about to reach for his belt buckle when Mason came running in.

"Mikey! Lets go-!" Mason cheered before giving a shocked but elated look to the both of them. "I knew you liked my mommy." Mason smiled before leaving.

"Oh my God, Mikey Im sorry." Lyla apologized pushing off of the counter and going to her closet.

"No, I'm sorry. I know you're going through a tough time right now I shouldn't of taken advantage like that."

"Mikey, I enjoyed kissing you. I mean it just felt so right to do. Now Mason's going to think we like each other romantically." She sighed grabbing a shirt.

"Don't stress Lyla, I'll explain it to him."

"I'm sorry." She sighed looking up at him as she plopped down on her bed.

"Don't worry yourself. I think you messed my glasses up though." He joked.

"Oh goodness." She bellowed out loud at his dorkiness.

"Mason said you got a strange phone call today?"

"Oh yeah, I got fired."

"Oh man, I'm sorry. It's just one thing after another." Mikey sighed sitting down on the bed.

"Eh what can you do?"

----------------

Frank sat in his room wondering about how he truly felt about everything. He of course loved Amy but he also still had love for Lyla. But he wasn't sure if Lyla really still loved him or not. He was in fact a little bummed that she hadn't wanted to see him. She spent most of her time with Mikey. "Her and Mikey?" He thought out loud shooting up in bed. "No, that wouldn't be right. He wouldn't do that to me. Would he?"

"Who are you talking to?" Amy groaned half asleep.

"No one. Just a bad dream." He excused before walking outside to smoke.

Frank had never felt so confused and unsure in his whole life. Now his brain was really going into overdrive wondering if Lyla and Mikey had something going on. He grew angrier imagining Mikey's hands all over her. Kissing her and she enjoying every minute of it.

"Frank!" Gerard ran into him breaking him from his wicked mind. "My grandmother was rushed to the hospital. Drive me there my nerves are going crazy."

"No problem, lets go." Frank agreed rushing over to his vehicle and speeding off.

Gerard and Mikey's grandmother became rather ill and unable to care for herself in the last two years. She moved in with their parents in that time as well.

"What's going on?" Gerard breathed out seeing his parents along with Lyla and Mikey.

"She's not got much time. She wanted to see us as a family." Donna spoke in a broken voice.

"Go on." Lyla whispered rubbing the boys' shoulders. "Goodness." She sighed as everyone but Frank went in. She walked down the hall a ways to sit in the vacant waiting area.

"You brought Mikey here?" Frank questioned with a bit of annoyance in his voice from his thoughts of earlier.

"Yeah, him and Mason were playing video games when he got the call. Your mom has Mason now."

"Oh...Haven't seen Mason in a little while."

"You're welcome to come see him anytime. He would really like to see you. As long as your girlfriend doesn't care."

"What's that supposed to mean?" He overreacted a bit harshly.

"Only that she doesn't seem to be a big fan of me. I wouldn't want my son in any hateful environment."

"I wouldn't allow that. She doesn't need to hang out with Mason."

"Summer vacation starts next week. He'll definitely be available."

"I bet he'd love to come to one of our shows."

"I'm sure he would. But not without me he wouldn't go."

"That's fine, I'm sure you would enjoy us live." He smirked.

"I'm all about the singer." She joked flashing him that smile he fell in love with. She sat back in the char and Frank studied her. Her dark hair was in a messy bun with baby hairs sticking off the sides. She was in black jogger pants that rested right under her waist line and she had on a white tank top that stopped an inch before it met he pants. Frank could see a scar just above her left hip bone. A quick flashback to that particular slash to her flesh popped into his head. He quickly shook the thought before he was met by those emerald eyes smiling back at him.

"You too" She chuckled looking up from her phone.

"Excuse me?" He scratched his jaw line.

"I caught Mikey staring at my scars too. I'm not a monster you know."

"I'm sorry. It's just appealing to the eye."

"Frank." Lyla prepared herself to tell him something.

"Yes?" He answered eager to hear what she had to say.

"I think you two should go in there with them." Donald interrupted.

Frank and Lyla nodded and slowly walked to the room they had been standing outside of earlier.

"She's gone." Gerard softly spoke as they stood at the doorway, never tearing his blood shot eyes from the floor. Mikey was looking out the window soft sobs escaping his lips.

"Oh my God." Lyla gasped falling to her knees to embrace Gerard where he sat. He wrapped his arms around her tightly breaking down. "I'm so sorry."

"She was my everything. Sure there were times where she got on my never but so does everyones grandmother right? God, she pushed us to be musicians. And just as we're beginning to make it big she's taken from us." He sighed letting more tears escape his eyes.

"Gerard, Elena lived an amazing life. Her life was completed when you guys became My Chemical Romance. She was able to die happily with her family around her to say goodbye. She know's you guys loved her. It's just a terrible circle of life." Lyla sympathized.

"Go to Mikey." Gerard whispered knowing he was the more sensitive one out of the two.

"Mikey." Lyla sighed rubbing his arm, laying her head on his shoulder meeting his gaze out of the window.

"This can't be real." He broke down pulling her into a rather intimate hug. This is where the jealousy in Frank began to build up. Mikey had Lyla in a tight embrace his head rested upon her shoulder while he rubbed his hands up and down her back in slow motions. Seeing as this wasn't the time or place Frank tried to brush it off by going over to console Gerard.
♠ ♠ ♠
So sorry it took me almost two weeks to upload!! Christmas hours at a retail store are no joke!! Anyone who does retail I commend you! Anyways!!! Whats happening with Lyla and Mikey??? And will it turn into anything? How will Frank approach this situation? Give me a comment if you want to see anything in the near future!! :D