The Hurt You Sold

Eighteen

"I don't know if I can do this." Mikey confessed, adjusting his tie.

"Yes you can. Your brother needs you." Lyla reassured.

"You look beautiful." He complimented trying to take his mind off of setting his grandmother to rest today.

"Thank you, I'm going to go check on Mason." Lyla half smiled walking to her son's room. "Mase?"

"Yeah mom?" He answered her call combing his hair back.

"Are you almost ready?"

"Yes, can you tie my tie?"

"Of course." She nodded kneeling down to meet her son's gaze.

"Mom?"

"Yes baby?"

"Are people going to be crying?"

"Yes, just like we did when pop pop died."

"Is it alright if I cry?

"Yes Mason, if you feel you need to cry you go right on ahead." Lyla almost whispered, choking back tears herself. She never really got acquainted with Elena. It was usually the stories Gerard and Mikey told that always amused her. It broke her heart knowing the boys were so upset. She was thankful that she was at least back in their lives to help them through this tragedy.

"Ready?" Mikey cleared his throat, gently giving a single knock at Mason's door.

"Ready." Lyla smiled, smoothing her dress as she stood.

They walked out to Mikey's car and piled in quickly. It was a silent trip, Mikey concentrated on the path ahead of him while Mason occupied himself with a gameboy. Lyla stared amongst the everyday life that was of Bellville.

"We can go in whenever you're ready." Lyla reassured squeezing Mikey's hand which was still on the gear shift.

"Lets get it over with." He exhaled a deep sigh, preparing himself for the breakdown he knew he'd have in the next few moments.

"Come on Mase."

"Hi Miss Linda!" Mason cheered as they entered through the double doors of the Catholic church.

"Hello sweet heart. Let's go grab a seat." Linda suggested reaching for his hand.

"Please come up there with me." Mikey whispered, nervously fidgeting with the hem of his suit jacket.

Lyla hooked her arm with this and slowly walked up to the front of the aisle where Elena laid peacefully. She was in an off white blazer and skirt set, her hair pinned as she always wore it and a soft smile was cast upon her lips which drew a small smile to Mikey.

"She's beautiful." Gerard's voice sang through their ears although they didn't break their gaze.

"Very." Lyla smiled stepping away allowing the brothers to share that moment together. A pair of green eyes met Lyla's gaze as she turned around. Noticing he was seated alone, Lyla took an empty seat next to Frank.

"You look beautiful." Frank genuinely complimented eyeing her form fitting black sleeveless dress with lace overlay. Accented with black pumps and light make up. Her hair was in loose curls as the right side of her hair was pinned to the side.

"You look beautiful as well." She responded to try and set a happier mood.

"How's Mikey?" He almost choked out, still weary about what exactly was going on between the two.

"He's hanging in there. Mason has recently been there for him making sure he stays happy and doesn't get discouraged."

"That's great. So what have you been up to?"

"Not to much just been job searching. Which isn't coming along very well." she softly chuckled.

"Is there anything I can do?

"I don't think so. I'm sure I'll figure something out soon."

"Well If you need anything, I'll do anything for you."

"I know Frank. I appreciate it." She smiled patting his shoulder.

"Their about to start." Frank whispered, nonchalantly placing an arm on the back of the pew. Which in his mind was like putting his arm around her again.

"Hey guys." Mason smiled sweetly taking a seat next to Frank.

"Hey buddy."

"You got your arm around my mommy?" Mason raised an eyebrow at him.

"Nope, just stretched out." Frank chuckled.

"Ok good, I don't think Mikey would like that."

Lyla's stomach got caught in her throat at that statement. She couldn't believe her son said that. Frank's face remained calm but anger began building inside of him at that instant.

"Mason!" Lyla hissed shooting him a very serious look.

"What? You were kissing Mikey, aren't you now boyfriend and girlfriend?" Mason asked so innocently Lyla's face was absolutely mortified.

Frank drew his extended arm back to himself and leaned forward as the service began. Lyla was to afraid to turn and look at Frank. She knew he was pissed. Mikey is like their kid brother, Frank's best friend it's a betrayal to him to hear this news. His suspicions had indeed been confirmed. The question of if they had sex or not raised in his head. Foot tapping and nail biting began as his anxiety of over thinking started to overwhelm him.. As soon as the Eulogy was over Frank quickly sprung to his feet and high stepped it to the parking lot. Lyla sat there frozen still, unsure as to what her next move should be.

"Where's Frank?" Gerard asked making his way over.

"He went outside." Lyla cleared her throat choking back tears.

"Did I miss something?"

"No dear, come on. Let's go before we're lost in the crowd."

Lyla quickly dashed back to Mikey's car to wait for him to come out. "Mason, I know you didn't know but you should of said anything to Frank about mommy kissing Mikey."

"But why? Don't you like Mikey?"

"Yes baby I do very much but not a loving type of like."

"I don't understand."

"Sometimes you experience some emotions and sometimes others are near you when you go through them and as humans you act on them. That kiss was something that mommy did out of emotion, it wasn't supposed to mean anything."

"I see. Is Frank mad then?"

"It would appear that way. Mommy and Frank loved each other once and sometimes when you're not together anymore it still hurts to think of the one you once loved with someone else."

"Especially a friend, oh mom I'm really sorry." Mason kicked a few rocks, rather disappointed in himself.

"It's not your fault dear, no worries." She smiled kissing his forehead.

"Hey are you guys ready to go?" Mikey asked, his eyes swollen after the amount of tears he shed.

---------------

"Frank, you alright?" Gerard asked approaching his friend. Noticing his obvious anger.

"I'm fine. Let's just go." He objected the question getting into the drivers seat.

"Well you appear as if you want to rip the leather off of that steering wheel. Is there something you need to share?"

"How could he do this to me? How could she?"

"Amy?" Gerard asked, still not understanding where this attitude was coming from.

"No, just forget it."

"Come on man."

"Mikey! Him and Lyla are messing around!" He shouted hitting his hand against the steering wheel before tightening back his grip.

"What?" Gerard laughed out loud. "Mikey? With Lyla?" His laughter continued. "Are you high?"

"Gerard, would I be this pissed if I was joking?"

"What is your proof?"

"Mason."

"What did he say?"

"He thought I was trying to make a move on Lyla. He said Mikey wouldn't like it since they're boyfriend and girlfriend. He said they kissed!"

"Frank, he's just a kid. I kissed Lyla when I seen her."

"Then why didn't he say Gerard wouldn't like it? I know somethings going on. I see the way they are around each other and how he hugs her. You don't hug her the way he does. Caressing her back, tightly embracing her. It's driving me insane."

"Well why don't you ask him about it?"

"Yeah right. What would I even say? Hey I've been watching you two for a while and I've noticed you're a little touchy feely whats the big idea? Get real G."

"Just ask if they're getting involved. I mean their adults they can do what they want but if something is going on I can see where you can be upset."

"This is bull shit."

"Frank you've got to keep it together. Let me help you out. You are with Amy, you and Lyla are no longer together. Stop with this anger you're an awesome person and If you keep on you're going to tear this band apart."

"It's not fair that she can just go on without me. We had sex together just minutes before those fuck's came and screwed everything up. She told me she loved me that day. How is it that she can look at me after that day and feel nothing?"

"I don't think that she doesn't feel anything. I believe she still loves you. Put yourself in her shoes. She's a single mom looking at you, famous and in a relationship. To her you've clearly moved on and you've made no attempt to try and rekindle your relationship with her. She's not going to throw herself at you, she has learned to live her life without you in it. She is adjusting to you being back in her everyday life again and it's going to be different for her. It's like she has to learn you all over again, but as a friend. The pain you're feeling just thinking about her with Mikey, imagine how she feels actually seeing you with Amy."

"This is all so hard."

"You're blinded by rage. You need to get it toughener before she leaves again for good. This is why she took so long to meet us again, she was afraid of this behavior from you."

"I really am going insane."

"Talk to Mikey. Tell him how you're feeling and move on. Focus on Amy."

"I'm going to drop you off and bail."

"Frank, just come. Lyla's probably having an anxiety attack wonder what's going through your head."

"Fine." He huffed getting out and following Gerard over to the hearse.

Gerard, Mikey, two of their cousins, Frank, and Donald all helped in carrying Elena's casket over to the grave sight. Once they set it down on the levy they slowly stepped away to take their places in the crowd for one final goodbye.

Frank noticed Lyla's gaze was at her feet not wanting to make eye contact with anyone so he walked up behind her. He placed his hands on her shoulders and gave her a reassuring squeeze. She placed her hands on his as she looked to see who it was. She smiled, anxiety escaping her body at his enchanting smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
Soooooo sorry for the hiatus!! Kind of lost interest in this story and then it dawned on me I had so many readers, couldn't leave you guys hanging!! I will keep up with this story, I feel like I've invested a lot of time on the previous chapters I'd hate for it to go unfinished. So let me know what you all think :D and thank you for your patience!