Sealed With a Howl

chapter 9

Lupins POV:
"Urm.. Sir?" Rose called from behind me, I was still staring out of the window thinking about how I felt towards her.
"Okay then.. what was it I was going to do.." I mumbled to myself, "Oh yes, mark them"
Rose smiled as I walked to my desk, I pulled out my wand, giving it a slight flick, another chair appeared.
"I could have gone to fetch another chair, Sir" Rose said smiling.
"Ah well, but i suppose you want to be out of here and back to your common room? Makes it quicker" I smiled, I don't know why I did that. This was supposed to be detention..
She smiled and shook her head.
"To be honest I would prefer to stay here, Kayleigh won't shut up about her new boyfriend and Abi.. well you don't know Abi like I do.
"You would prefer to stay here in detention than be with your friends?" I laughed
"Hell Yeah!" She laughed, her eyes burning into mine again once she stopped. I smiled and stared back at her. I could feel my face burning more and more, I had to look away but it was impossible.
"Urm.. We.. we need to mark these.." I tore my eyes from hers, my heart beat became slower than it had been afew seconds ago.
Roses POV:
Half an hour had past, we had not spoken to each other since we shared that heart racing moment, well apart from when he tells me the name of the student and their grade.
But each time his voice reached my ears my fingers tingled.
I haven't felt like this for a long time. My mind drifted back to George.
I haven't spoken to him for a day or two, I haven't actually seen him.
Possibly tricking first years with Fred. But i usually hear of his "attacks" and I have heard no news of any first years puking their guts out or trying not to pass out from blood loss.
I smiled and stared into space, I needed to sort out our problems, put back our relationship to how it was.
But I don't think my heart is there anymore, I feel as though George no longer has my heart.
Yes it may skip a beat when I think of him but that's nothing compared to how I'm feeling for someone right now.
My heart belongs to the man sitting across from me. My heart belongs to Professor Lupin.
Lupin looked up from a piece of parchment he was reading and took a quick glance at his watch.
"Ah, perfect timing. Dinner should be starting soon" He smiled and put down the parchment.
"Oh, I didn't realize the time. What time am I to come back tomorrow?"
Lupin's smile faded.
"I.. I think we should leave tomorrow, I have a busy day planned, and I doubt I can give you a hard time the day after either" He said with a forced smile. I nodded.
"Okay, but give me a hard time? Keep trying" I smiled and walked to the door. "Good evening Professor"
"Good evening Rose" His smile was not forced this time, it was one of those pulse racing smiles.
I closed to door behind me and let out a large sigh and left for the Great Hall.