Status: Still Chugging

That's the Beauty of a Secret

Chapter Three

~ About A Month Later ~
“God what the hell is wrong with me?” I grumbled as I threw up in the toilet for the second time this morning, thanking God that I had been too lazy to do anything with my hair but pull it up into a messy bun. I leaned my head against the lid of my toilet, still feeling my legs shake as my phone dinged signaling to me that I got a text.
From: Lys ♥
I’ll be waiting at the corner
To: Lys ♥
Okay Hooker see you in a few
As I hit send I slowly got up and brushed my teeth yet again, gagging ever so slightly. Picked my backpack up and slowly walked downstairs passing my father and stepmother in the kitchen on my way to the front door.
“Danielle aren’t you going to eat?” Margot asked just as I was about to walk out the door instantly feeling nauseous at the smell of their scrambled eggs.
“I’m good, going to get a leg up on my walk to school” I said quickly leaving before I puked again. Walking out into the chill, early December air I couldn’t help but smile loving when the weather was cold. As I quickly turned the corner I could see Alyssa sitting in her car dancing as if no one was watching, making me laugh. “Keep dancing don’t let me stop you” I told her as I slid into her car making her stop.
“I feel like dancing, tonight!” she yelled as she quickly turned up the radio which was playing some random song I was unfamiliar with and danced in a crazy fashion. I was suddenly filled with guilt at her attempted ATL joke. Mostly at the fact neither her nor Nat really know what happened on Halloween well beside the fact that I got drunk, “Dan, you okay? I thought you totally would have laughed at that.”
“Sorry wasn’t really paying attention, tired you know” I said with a fake smile as I saw her pulling up in front of Nat’s house. Within minutes the tall caramel skinned girl walked out of her house with her nose buried in her phone.
“So who you texting?” Lys asked as soon as Nat was buckled into the back seat and pulled away from her house, starting the short trip to school.
“Batman” Nat said with a smile in her voice making me turn around in my seat only to see Nat staring at her phone with a big goofy grin.
“Batman from the concert?” I asked trying to read her phone only for her to hide it and gave me a dirty look.
“Yes but it's so frustrating since he refuses to give me his real name… just Batman.”
“Why’s that?” Lys asked as she put her car in park at her spot and turning around so that she was facing Nat as well.
“I don’t know, he said it makes him feel badass or something. It just would be nice to put a name to the sweet, adorable personality and those oh so amazing lips” Nat said as we all got out of the car and quickly linked arms with one another, walking into school.
~❤~
“Dani, are you getting fat?” Nick asked out of nowhere as soon as he sat down next to me only to get slapped on the back of the head by Nat.
“You never say that to a girl, bro” she scolded as I looked down at myself taking in my slightly bigger than normal stomach. I was just bloated, since my period was finally starting after being a little bit late.
“Ow Nat… was just asking a question” he grumbled rubbing the back of his head which made her smirk.
“You may be living with a guy now but you still should know better.”
He just crossed his arms over his broad chest and gave her a mock glare which she just stuck her tongue out at.
“I don’t know, I’m with Nicky,” Lys said making me look over at her with a hurt look, “Not that you’re fat, but your boobs do seem a little bigger than normal.”
I quickly crossed my arms over my chest only to let out a loud hiss at their tenderness. Lys raised her eyebrows and gave me a suspicious look which I quickly returned only for the smell of today’s mystery meat lunch to hit me making my stomach lurch. Quickly getting up from my seat not even worrying as my chair slammed to the floor on my way to the bathroom my hand quickly clamped to my mouth. Spilling the contents of my stomach into the toilet, I quickly flushed only to hear the two familiar steps of my best friends coming in.
“Dan, are you okay” the both said in the same time as I sat on the dirty floor not really trusting my own legs to hold my weight.
“Yeah just have this stupid stomach bug” I said giving them a sad look which Lys just gave another suspicious look to. They both helped me up off the floor, and over to the sink where I quickly washed myself off. Taking a sip of the drink that Nat held out for me, I looked over to see them both staring at me, “What?”
“Well let me put this in context for you: You are a little chubbier than normal for you, your boobs are bigger and sore, then take that you just puked. I’ve seen symptoms like this before” Lys said crossing her arms over her chest giving me the look that said simply try to lie to me.
“Yeah and what was it some stomach bug… Right?” I asked in complete seriousness only for her to shake her head.
“Dan, is there any chance that your pregnant?”
“Wait you really think, Little Miss Innocent is pregnant?” Nat said in a raised whisper as we walked out of the bathroom quickly walk into Nick who was standing outside holding everyone's stuff.
“The symptoms fit, it’s exactly what happened to Brooke when she was pregnant with Spencer” Lys said as she grabbed her bag before she grabbed my arm and pulled me towards the exit with Nat not too far behind.
“Where we going?” I asked as we walked out the door and started the short trip to her car.
“To see if you’re pregnant” was all she said as we all got into her car and pulled out of the parking lot.
~❤~
“Is this really necessary?” I asked as soon as we all walked into Alyssa’s house after we made a quick pit stop at the drugstore to buy to a pregnancy test.
“Yes Dani, we need to know for sure” Alyssa said as we sat our stuff on her unmade bed with me sitting down playing with the buttons on my backpack. After Alyssa carefully threw hers next to me she walked back downstairs only to return with a box of Saltines in her hands, “Here Brooke lived off these when she was pregnant with Spencer.”
“We aren’t sure I’m exactly pregnant yet” I tried to argue only to be handed the box that held the test and pushed into the small simple bathroom that connected to her room. I slowly followed the introduction on the box with shaky hands, quickly put the timer on my phone before walking back out and sitting back on the bed and munched on the Saltines. There was a long pause as we all waited for my phone to signal. After a few minutes, it went off making us all jump till I got up on shaky legs and walked into the bathroom picking up the plastic test. I felt tears quickly fill my eyes as I looked at them and saw the two pink lines that proved that I was indeed pregnant.
“Dan, is everything okay?” Lys asked as she lightly knocked on the doorframe only for me to quickly run up to her and pull her into a big hug, crying softly onto her shoulder. I felt her push me over to where the test was and lift it only to hug me closer, “Dan, we are going to be here for you.”
“I know but I have no idea what I’m going to do. How am I going to tell Dad and Margot or my Mom. Everyone is going to be so disappointed in me” I sobbed as Nat walked into the room quickly pulled me into a hug as well, so that we were all in a large group hug in the middle of the bathroom, “I’m going to be all alone.”
“No don’t you dare say that, we are going to be here for you and I’m sure Brooke would be too, she loves you like another sister. Then you have Nicky and Ethan. And don’t tell me that Jess wouldn’t be there for you if you asked her too” Lys said as she gently helped me sit back down on her bed still letting me cry into her shoulder.
After a few minutes of silence Nat finally cleared her throat making us all look at her, “This may be too early but can you tell us how exactly you came into this situation?”
“Really you need to be told the birds and the bees, Nat?” Lys said making me laugh as I looked over to my two best friends.
“No dumbass, I mean how did the most Innocent one of our group became pregnant at 17. In all honesty, I thought it would be you who would be in this situation” she said to Alyssa which earned her a punch in the shoulder from Alyssa and a laugh out of me, “Hey at least I’m making her laugh.”
“Yeah Nat, you brighten up my day” I said with a laugh finally wiping away my tears as I pulled my way out of there hug and look down at my feet, “But I got in this situation because I had sex at that Halloween party.”
“Wait at the Halloween party with who and please tell me you remember who.”
“It doesn’t really matter anymore, not like I’m ever going to see him again.”