Light My Heart on Fire

Potentially Lonely

I leaned my head back as the movie began to play. So far I spent most of my morning on the couch, recovering from my stupidity from the previous night. What stupidity, you ask. Well, I decided to deal with my thoughts and emotions by drinking. That’s not really the best thing to do.

Now I’m laid up, feeling like I have the worst hangover in my life.

“Would you like some more sprite?” Brian poked his head in from the kitchen.

Oh yeah, I might want to add that Brian has been taking care of me since about four in the morning. I know, I’m just as surprised as you!

I giggled a little bit as Mark leaned over the counter with his signature smile. Mark happened to be the bartender here at Devil’s Playground. It didn’t hurt to flirt with him, he was decent looking with a great personality. Flirting with him was completely harmless, mainly because he was gay.

Despite the fact that he was gay and a lot of people figured he would get tired of women hitting on him, Mark always took it as a compliment.

“Keep drinking like that Hannah and I’m going to have to cut you off.” He warned with a small smile.

I said nothing, just sipped on my new drink. He was correct, honestly he should have cut me off a long time ago. I know drinking isn’t the answer, but it was the only thing I could think of that might help.

I now have a roommate I didn’t really want in the beginning. A roommate my body seems to like! At least my body didn’t seem to be in my full control at this moment. This morning during coffee was embarrassing!


I ended up drinking even more before Mark finally cut me off. Once he cut me off he got me a cab back to my place. Once at the house I apparently couldn’t figure out the lock. That was when Brian came to the rescue. I think I woke him up attempting to push my keys through the keyhole.

I giggled as the key didn’t seem to fit into the hole! I just wanted to get inside and go to bed, although it was funny I was locked out of my own house.

Another giggle escaped as I lost my balance, falling against the house. I wasn’t sure how long I leaned against the house before Brian pulled the door open, looking tired as hell.

“What the hell is going on?” He asked, his voice groggy.
The tone of voice caused more giggles to leave my mouth. “My keys are broken.”
“God, you smell like a brewery.” Brian’s nose scrunched up. “Let’s get you inside and cleaned up.”


Brian had helped me inside. He had attempted to wake Diana up so I could take a shower, but Diana slept like the dead. Instead he made me some coffee. After that I slept for maybe three hours. Then my stomach decided to be a dick and wake me up by evicting the tenants.

Brian had been right there to hold my hair back. It wasn’t helping his appeal in my eyes, well it was, but not for me! Maybe if I took the time to get to know him he will lose appeal. After all, I’m not a big people person. He could remind me of why that is!

I was embarrassed about the key situation, hell the whole situation! But, he didn’t know about everything else, just the keys and I hope he forgot already.

Before anything else could happen I heard Diana come into the house through the kitchen. “Hey Brian, how did your day go with the monster?” She asked.

Brian said nothing from his spot in the walkway as Diana continued to walk towards him. After a few moments she seemed to realized I was laying on the couch. It was strange for her to refer to me as monster though, since we’ve never had problems before. Maybe this was a result to Brian staying, I would get to see some ugly colors in her personality.

“Things seem to have gone pretty slow today. He let me watch a few movies. Other than that the monster was calm.” I answered sweetly. I would be lying if I said I wasn’t satisfied with watching the blood rush to her cheeks.

Let the embarrassment serve her right. It wasn’t as though I had ever said anything about her behind her back. I will tell anyone to their face how I feel about them. Well, except for what’s going on with Brian. For one there was nothing emotional there so he didn’t really need to know what I thought. It was strictly my body reacting to his body!

“I see you’re feeling better than when I last heard.” She spoke with her voice at a strange range.
I smiled softly. “That’s all thanks to Brian. Which by the way, thank you for taking care of me.”

I hadn’t really cared to thank him. It was him who decided to open the door. He could have left my ass out there until I sobered up. For some strange reason though, I felt like poking at Diana and seeing if there was something there.

At the mention of Brian being the one taking care of me her cheeks got even brighter. Oh yes, this was going to be interesting! Something tells me that Diana really wants to get with Brian. That would explain the whole random moving in without permission bullshit.

I just really hope Diana doesn’t think I’m competition. I have no interest what-so-ever in getting with him. She could keep all of that too herself. Relationships got way too messy and I liked being alone. At least, I think I like being alone.

Damn him for making my question myself! Diana marched off towards her room, leaving Brian and myself alone again. This time he sat down on the couch where my feet were, putting them into his lap. Before too long he began to gently rub my feet while we watched FoodNetwork.

Okay so maybe I was a little lonely. That didn’t mean that I needed a guy though!
♠ ♠ ♠
Bar outfit
Hannah’s Hangover outfit
I decided to not post on Thanksgiving and then I went to a family members house, so yeah. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. So far this has been a lot of fun to work on.