The Beauty in Death

We're Not Monsters

Zacky rolled over and opened his eyes, only to find himself alone. He frowned softly but then noticed the black rose and a note next to it. He yawned and picked it up before smelling the rose. He smiled as it smelt of ebony, cigerattes and death and it gave him comfort. he opened the note and read it.

Dearest Zack,

I have gone out for a few hours to have a look round Huntington.
I would have waked you but you looked so peaceful and beautiful
that I couldn't bring myself to wake you from your slumber plus I
know youhate been outside so I decided to let you sleep.

Anyway, I'll be home later

Love you always

Brian xxxxx

PS: hope you like the rose


"Cheesy," Zack grinned, putting the note down before smelling the flower again. He smiled before putting it down as well then going to the bathroom then wondered downstairs. He yawned and stretched before plodding into the kitchen. He stopped suddenly as a foreign smell hit his nose. He sniffed before the barrel of a gun was placed against his head. He froze up.

"So you're the vampire Vengeance," The voice said. Zacky went to move but the slayer shot his leg, causing Zacky to fall and cry out in as the bullet cut through his leg. He whimpered and looked up at the slayer. He was tall and buff with shades and tattoos, dressed in black.

"W-who are you?"

"I'm the slayer, M. Shadows," He smirked. "I was expecting someone... scarier and stronger..."

He pointed the gun at Zacky's head but Zacky kicked it out of his hand and ran, despite the pain in his leg.

"Fuck," Shadows growled, following him. Zacky yelped as his hair was grabbed and he was thrown to the floor. He straddled him and pinned him down, despite Zacky trying to fight him. He rose the stake but Zacky turned himself into a cat and ran towards the door. Shadows growled and threw the stake at him. It landed through his lower body, pinning him to the door, forcing him to turn back into human form. He landed a kick to his face before driving another stake through his shoulder, making sure he was pinned there. Zacky cried out in pain as Shadows grabbed his chin, forcing him to look at him. He pressed a stake to his chest, just where his heart was. "Time to die, Monster,"

"I'm n-not a m-monster," Zacky whimpered, tears filling his eyes.

"You'll evade the slayers and killed a handful of us and you feed of the blood of the living,"

"Fr-from hospitals or do-donors!" Zacky argued, feeling weak. The worst thing was he could hear the slayer's heartbeat getting louder and louder. "A-and I only killed those slayers because they were trying to kill me!"

"All vampires are monsters," Shadows stated, noticing Zacky's eyes turn red. He was so hungry that he didn't care anymore. The loss of blood and the fact that he hadn't feed yet was getting to him and Shadows's neck looked so appetizing. Zacky stared at it intensely with partly red eyes before shaking his head and blinking, forcing them to go green again.

"R-run..." Zacky gasped, making him confused. "I d-don't want to h-hurt you so p-please run..."

"What?" That threw him off guard but unfortunately, Zacky lost control and his eyes turned fully red.

"I SAID RUN!" He snarled, yanking the stakes from his body. Shadows's eyes went wide and before he even had a chance, he was thrown into the wall, hitting his head. Zacky walked over and lifted him up before biting into his neck. He screamed but began to lose his strength as Zacky drained him.

"Zack!" A voice suddenly called and the vampire was pulled off him.

"Let me go!" Zacky snarled but Shadows didn't hear much as he blacked out.

~Time Skip~

Matt groaned as he came round. His neck was still sore and his body ached from been slammed into the wall. Damn, that vampire had been deceivingly strong. He tried to sit up but his body was still too heavily. He forced his eyes open and noticed he was in a white walled room with a blood bag attached to his arm. The door opened and a young looking man came in. He instantly knew him. He was the vampire Synyster Gates. He watched as the vampire changed the blood bag.

"You're lucky I came in when I did," He stated, looking at him. Matt looked back. He looked normal, expect his eyes were black.

"How the fuck do you have a tan?"

"I travelled a lot," He replied, his eyes turning pale purple. Matt suddenly felt very relaxed. "Who sent you?"

"The Slayer Society of Huntington Beach," He replied. Synyster nodded. "Why are you giving me blood? Saving my life? Did you pull that feral bitch of me?"

Synyster suddenly had his hands round his neck, causing Shadows to gasp for breathe.

"Don't ever call him a feral bitch!" He snarled. "If you hadn't hurt him, he wouldn't have attacked you!"

He let go of Matt's neck and turned to leave.

"We're saving your life because we're not monsters,"