Status: Enjoy!

She's a Gilmore Girl

"I surrender. Put away the lasers!"

"So how is school treating you, kiddo?" Grandma twirled a small spoon in her coffee as she asked. I shrugged, not really wanting to take about my insufferable school that Mom forced on me. Grandma seemed to notice and frowned. "That bad, huh?"

I nodded," All the kids are spoiled brats that pretend to be your friend because your mother is some famous writer. It's gotten worse since she opened her own publishing company."

Grandma placed a gentle hand on my shoulder, sweeping my dark hair over my shoulder. "It will be okay. I'm sure everything will turn out for the best. Just keep that chin up. Your mother wasn't always so strict. It's just going to take some time for things to wind down. Try not to think about it. It's fall break after all." She winked at me and then proceed to annoy Grandpa by going behind the counter. He swatted at her butt, rolling his eyes and muttering under his breath. I smiled, happy to see the two so obviously in love.

A tap on the shoulder had me whirling around in my seat. Steven was grinning at me, his lips full and inviting. I pushed the thought out of my head as a small blush blossomed on my checks. "Hey! How are you doing?" I wrapped my arms around his torso and squeezed gently before pulling away.

Steven pushed a stray blond hair off his forehead. "I'm doing pretty good. I'm about to be attending Chilton after the break. It's some private school that Mom wants me to go too. She actually mentioned your mom went there."

I cringed," I'm so sorry. Mom told me about that school. She loved it apparently. She wanted me to go but couldn't swing it with her being in New York all the time. Heaven forbid she leaves me with Grandma and Grandpa, they might poison me!" I glared at the wall above his head.

Steven held up hands up in front of himself. "I surrender, keep the lasers to yourself!" I laughed and stick my tongue out at him.

Grandma scoffed at us. "Is that how young adult act?" She kept her stern face on for two seconds before cracking and laughing at us. She waved us on. "Steven, why don't you show Leigh the town? It's changed since she's been here. I have to run by the Dragonfly to see how it's doing."

Steven dragged me out of the diner, pulling me toward the gazebo. Martha and Dave were waiting on the steps. Martha crushed me in a bear hug as Dave awkwardly waved at me. It was no secret that he had a crush on me. I gave him a polite smile back. Dave wasn't exactly my type. He was a nerd, with glasses that cling to his face and bad ache all over. He was a sweetheart though that always championed her when they were little. Martha was much like her mother, Sookie. A great cook but without the tendency to hurt herself. Martha was a bit older than the rest of us as well. She'd be graduating high school this year.

Martha pulled me down to sit with her. I gathered my hair into a high ponytail to avoid sitting on it. "So have you heard the news yet?"

I started to answer but was swiftly cut off. "Dean, your mother's ex boyfriend is back in town! He brought his whole family! They are going to live here. You should see his son. Yum, what I wouldn't do for that. He's too young though..." Martha rambled on. I took in the surroundings, noting the new paint on Al's Pancake world. A young boy with light brown hair stepped out of the video store. He was tall and very, very cute.

"Leigh, stop staring!" Martha shoved an elbow into my side. I winced and quickly looked down. She giggled at me. "I told you he was cute! I wondering if Dean looked like that when he was Sam's age."

I shrugged and very discreetly watched Sam. He was headed toward Doose's Market when Martha once again pulled my attention away. "Leigh! Are you even paying attention to me?"

I apologized," Oh, I'm sorry. Just thinking about how I have to get back before Mom flips. She said something about having a big dinner tonight. I have to get going!" Thankfully, Grandma was waving me over. "I gotta go! I'll probably see you for dinner anyway!"

Martha called out after me. "We can talk about you know who then!" I blushed as I opened the passenger seat, desperately wishing she hadn't just blasted that all over town.

Grandma smirked,"Who is this you know who guy?"

My cheeks reddened," It's not even a guy, Grandma!"

She winked at me. "Sure, I believe that. Don't worry, I won't say anything to your mom."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hmm... I wonder about Sam ;)