Status: Short story

Every Other Weekend

Seven

Today was the longest day of my life. Yet it went by so quickly.

8 hours of work, topped off with a lonely dinner by myself and then watching some television that had an advertisement of Avenged Sevenfold's tour next month.

Fuck.My.Life.

It was nearing 8 when I impulsively decided to go over to Matt's house to, I don't know, confront him over the tour or to see my son or to see the man I love.

I'm sure it's the second one. I mean, of course it is but do I only want to see Jase or do I want to see Matt as well?

No. I'm sure I want to only see Jason. I'm sure. I'm sure.

Am I sure?

Bracing myself as soon as I stepped up the porch of our-his beautiful house I took a deep breath and knocked on the door.

It wasn't five minutes when Matt opened the door and his eyes widened at the sight of me.

"Ellie? What? Are you okay?"

"Yeah" I whispered catching myself smiling at his dimpled face. "I-I..need to..uh..talk to you."

"Well" his smile widened, "please. come in."

"Mama!!!" Jason screamed and ran over to me. I laughed and picked him up, spinning him in a big hug.

"Hey buddy!"

"What are you doing here mama?"

"Daddy and I.. need to have a conversation baby."

"Okay!" he kissed my cheek and then ran back to the television.

**
Matt smiled at me and we sat down in the kitchen. He offered me something to drink and I accepted, taking a glass of water.

Why didn't you tell me you guys were touring?"

Matt sighed. "Where did you hear that?"

"The TV. I was watching Survivor and an advertisement popped up."

He nodded, his lips quivering slightly.

"Is..is that all..you wanted to talk to me about?"

"Yes." I sighed, "no. No it's not. I-I realized..when I watched that ad, I don't want to let go Matty."

Matt grinned, his eyes widening. "You called me Matty. You haven't called me that since we separated."

"Our...our divorce hasn't gone through yet..." I whispered, taking his hands in mine. "Maybe, maybe we can..I don't know.. leave it?"

He gasped in surprise. "Are you...are you serious?"

"If you want to, then yeah."

"Of course I want to give our marriage another try baby!"

I smiled and kissed his cheek.

"But, we're doing it slow."

"Anything you want"
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't worry - if you were - there is still another set of drama to come. The story isn't over yet!