Gerard's Little Side

Breakfast at Mamas

Gerard woke up at 2:30. He rubbed his eyes and laid there for a few minutes. He wanted to get up, but the darkness was scaring him. He didn't want to step off his bed, scared that something would grab him.
He was terrified. He was crying. He wanted to go get help, but it was dark in the hallway too. He sat up. He looked around. Some of the shadows on the walls looked like scary people. He didn't want to be in here.
Gerard decided that being in his room was too scary.
He got up and ran down the hall to Danny's room. The door was open like Danny promised it would be.
Gerard quickly went to the bed and climbed onto it.
"Daddy." Gerard whispered. He patted his brother's stomach.
Danny opened his eyes and reached over for his lamp.
Gerard shielded his eyes when it came on.
"Are you alright?"
Gerard shook his head no, still covering his eyes.
"Come here." Danny was staying quiet so they wouldn't wake up Eric.
Gerard slowly moved his hands then crawled closer to Danny.
"There's mons'ers in my room." Gerard whispered.
Danny just pulled him closer and made sure he was comfortable.
Gerard curled his body around Danny, making sure he was safe.
"Its alright, buddy."
Gerard shook his head no.
"What's wrong?" Eric rolled over and asked. He took note that Gerard was now laying between himself and Danny.
He wrapped his arm around Gerard and kissed his head.
"My room is too scary. There's mons'ers ev'ywhere. I'm gonna get eated." Gerard sounded more little with every word he spoke.
"Well. Did you know that monsters don't like to eat little boys? And especially not sweet ones named Gerard." Eric said.
"Why?" Gerard asked, looking up at Danny.
"Cause monsters like to eat gross people so they can become more scary. They don't eat sweet little boys cause then they would be sweet." Danny said.
"P'omise?"
"Of course. I promise."
Gerard continued looking up at Danny.
"Do you think you could get some sleep now?" Danny asked him as he reached over to the nightstand.
Danny moved back to show Gerard what he picked up.
It was a blue pacifier. Gerard could tell it was new. He didn't have one like that.
Danny put it in Gerard's mouth and kissed his head again.
Gerard continued to look up at his brother as he sucked on the pacifier. His eyelids were getting heavy, but he continued to sleepily blink at his brother.
"Go to sleep, baby boy." Danny said in a hushed whisper. "I'll still be here in the morning. Just close your sleepy eyes."
Gerard allowed his eyes to close all the way.

-

Gerard woke up the next morning before Eric and Danny. He laid there for a minute and noticed his pacifier was gone. He sat up and found it near the pillow.
He stuck it back in his mouth and laid down again.
He moved close to Danny's side and sucked on his pacifier.
Around thirty minutes later, Eric woke up. His alarm had sounded and he was yawning beside Gerard. Gerard turned to see him.
Eric smiled and moved Gerard's hair from his face.
"Hafta work?" Gerard said through his pacifier.
"Yeah, bud." Eric sat up and stretched.
Gerard moved closer to Eric and asked, "Can you take a day off?"
"No. I'm sorry, bud. I gotta get ready."
Gerard paused for a minute. "Can I take a shower with you?"
Eric looked down at Gerard, a little surprised.
"If you really want to." Eric shrugged. "Come on, bud."
Eric lifted him up and took him to the bathroom.
Eric brushed his teeth quickly and let Gerard keep his pacifier in his mouth. They both undressed and got into the shower.
It was a nice moment between the two. Gerard felt happy. He felt safe enough to take a shower with his papa.
Eric washed Gerard's hair for him and Gerard tried to be helpful and wash Eric's hair. It was adorable, but it didn't really work, seeing as how Eric was almost a foot taller than Gerard.
"Thanks, kiddo." Eric smiled, washing his own hair.
"We gotta get ou'. Gon' be la'e fo' work." Gerard sounded so little with his pacifier still in his mouth.
"Yeah. You're right, kiddo."
Gerard smiled.
Eric moved the shower curtain and grabbed a towel. He quickly dried himself off and tied the towel around his waist. He grabbed another towel and dried off Gerard's long locks.
Gerard giggled when Eric made different noises.
Eric wrapped Gerard in the towel and lifted him up. He made his way back to the bedroom and saw that Danny was lying awake.
"Hey." Danny smiled.
"Hi, dada." Gerard said with a smile.
He was laying down with his head on Eric's bare chest.
Danny stood up and took Gerard from Eric.
"Get ready for work. I'll take care of this little boy." Danny kissed Eric on the lips and smiled.
Danny carried Gerard into his room and laid him on the floor with the towel beneath him. Danny grabbed all the necessities and knelt beside Gerard.
"Alright. Did you have a nice shower?" Danny asked. Danny tried making conversation so that Gerard wouldn't get scared of another diaper change.
"Yeah." Gerard took his pacifier from his mouth. "Papa wash-ded my hair and I help-ded him with his." Gerard said with a big smile.
"That's very sweet of you." Danny gave his brother a smile as he finished taping up the diaper. "Wanna find something to wear?"
Gerard shook his head, 'yes'.
Eric came over and leaned in the doorway.
Gerard reached up and set his pacifier on the top of his dresser.
He watched Gerard open his dresser drawers and pick out clothes.
He seemed to be having trouble with deciding, but chose a shirt anyway. He pulled it on himself and got his sweatpants and put them on himself.
"Alright. I gotta get to work." Eric said as he walked fully into the room.
Gerard went forward and hugged him. "Love you, papa."
"I love you too, bud." Eric kissed Gerard on the head.
Eric said goodbye to Danny then left the room. "I'll see you two later."
"Alright. See ya." Danny said.
"Bye, papa."
Danny looked back at Gerard. "So I was thinking." Danny said as he lifted his brother. "Would you like to go to mama's house?"
"Right now?" Gerard asked.
"Yeah. I was texting her and she told me that Sarah already left for school and she wanted us to come eat breakfast at home."
"If I don't wanna stay. Can we leave?"
"Of course." Danny kissed Gerard's cheek.
"Can I have my paci?" Gerard pointed to the dresser.
Danny picked it up and stuck it in Gerard's mouth.
"T'ank 'ou."
"You're welcome." Danny said with a smile.
Danny walked back to his bedroom and set Gerard on his bed.
Gerard crawled up towards the pillows and made himself comfy.
Danny got dressed and found his shoes. He put them on then came back to Gerard.
Gerard was sleepily watching him.
"Alright, handsome." Danny lifted his brother up. "Lets get goin'."
"Shoes, dada."
"Right." Danny walked to the living room and set Gerard down. "I'm gonna go grab you some socks. Okay?"
"Kay."
Danny quickly left and came back, holding a pair of light blue socks. Danny put each sock on for Gerard and grabbed his shoes from the floor. He put the shoes on Gerard and lifted him up again.
"Alright. Ready?"
"Yeah." Gerard laid his head on Danny's chest, facing his neck.
Danny grabbed the diaper bag on his way out. He locked the door then went to the car.
He placed Gerard in the back and the diaper bag in the front.

-

They arrived at Dani's house in less than ten minutes.
Danny went to the back of the car and got Gerard. He opened the passenger side door and got the diaper bag next.
"Dada. Wha' did mama make fo' b'eakfast?"
"I have no clue, bud." Danny locked the doors. "We'll just have to wait and see."

-

When they walked into their mom's house they were hit by the aroma of several things. It seemed as if their mom was cooking everything.
They went into the kitchen and found Jim sitting at the table with Lynn in her highchair beside him, in the connected dining area.
"Hey guys!" Jim smiled as he stood up.
Gerard squirmed and Danny set him down.
"Hi, baba!" Gerard ran over and hugged his step father.
Jim lifted him up with ease.
"How are you doing, kiddo?"
Gerard took his pacifier out of his mouth so he could speak clearly. "I'm good." Gerard smiled. "How are you?"
"I'm good."
"How is Lynn?" Gerard looked to his baby sister.
She was already a little over one now, closer and closer to two. She still wasn't able to say full sentences, but she could respond to simple questions.
She gave a big grin to Gerard. "Good!"
Gerard laid his head down on Jim's shoulder.
Jim rubbed the boy's back and carried him to his mother.
"Hi, sweet pea."
"Hi, mama."
She leaned forward and pecked his cheek.
He put his pacifier back into his mouth and rubbed his eyes.
Jim gave Dani a kiss and went back to the table.
He sat down with Gerard on his lap and looked over to Danny.
"How are you doing, Dan?" Jim asked. "This little one keeping you up and making you crazy?" He teased.
"No. He's wonderful actually." Danny smiled. "A little tired of cartoons though." He gave a small laugh.
"I can relate with that one." Jim laughed with him.
Gerard stayed quiet. He felt safe in Jim's arms.
"Hey. B is coming over with Benji and Zoe tomorrow." Dani said.
"What's tomorrow?" Danny asked.
"Nothing special. Just having some friends and family over."
"Okay. Who all is coming?"
"I asked Elisa if she'd liked to come and she said she would. I was gonna see if Gerard would ask Randall. Jim's friend Tommy and his wife and kids are coming. Also Veronica, she said she wants to see you." She said to Danny.
"Oh really?" Danny sounded surprised. "I haven't seen her since before I left."
"Yeah. She looks really different now. Has a full head of gray." Dani said with a slight smile.
Danny smiled and went over to the table to sit.
Dani brought the food over and said, "Okay. Eat up."
"Gerard. Do you think you can be a big boy and sit in a chair for me?" Danny asked.
Gerard shook his head no.
"He's fine." Jim said as he rubbed his hand on Gerard's back.
Gerard just snuggled closer to Jim.
"Alright. You gotta eat though. Okay?"
Gerard shook his head in agreement, but didn't move his head from Jim's shoulder. He looked like he was falling back to sleep.
"Come on, bud. You gotta eat something." Jim said as he stood up.
"No." Gerard whined.
"You can still sit on my lap if you eat something." Jim said.
"P'omise?" Gerard looked up at Jim.
"Yeah. I promise, bud."
Jim turned Gerard around so he could sit facing the table.
They sat back down and Gerard looked down at all the food.
Gerard took his pacifier out of his mouth and said, "Can I have some bacon? Please?"
"Of course." Jim smiled and served Gerard some food. "Anything else?" He asked the boy.
"Eggs, please."
Jim scooped some eggs onto Gerard's plate and kissed the boy's head. "Thank you for using your manners."
Gerard smiled and picked up his fork, digging into his food.

-

Gerard ate half the food on his plate then sat back against Jim.
"Thank you for the food, mommy." Gerard said to Dani.
"You're welcome, baby." Dani said with a smile.
"You gonna finish that plate?" Jim asked.
Gerard shook his head no. "I'm full."
"Okay." Jim got up again and turned Gerard back towards him. He sat back down and let Gerard lay his head on his shoulder.
Gerard instead laid his head on Jim's chest. He put his ear to Jim's heartbeat. Jim grabbed the pacifier off the dining table and pressed it to Gerard's lips.
"T'ank 'ou." Gerard said quietly.
"You're welcome." Jim rubbed Gerard's back with a smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
To clear up any confusion.
Sarah is Danny and Gerard's sister.
Dani is short for Danielle, she's Gerard and Danny's mom.
Jim is Gerard's stepfather. Also Dani's husband.
B is Brandon, Gerard and Danny's older half brother.
Elisa is Eric's mom.