Gerard's Little Side

Step dads and Legos

"Um. We have a bit of a problem." Eric said as he was looking out the window of his and Danny's apartment.
"What?" Danny sounded worried.
"Jim just pulled up."
Gerard looked scared.
"Daddy. I don't wanna see him right now." Gerard said to his designated daddy.
"Okay, buddy." Danny said. He stood from the living room floor and lifted Gerard up.
A knock sounded on the door and Danny quickly went down the hall with Gerard.
Eric went to answer the door.
"Hey." Eric said as he opened the door.
"Hey, Eric. Have you seen Gerard?"
"Uh yeah. He's here. He wasn't feeling too well though. He went to lay down." Eric lied.
"Oh. Do you think I could see him?"
"I'll see if he's up for guests." Eric let Jim in, not knowing what to tell him. "You can wait in the living room." Eric said as he walked down the hall to the guest room.
"Is he gone?" Danny asked.
"No. Uh. He wanted me to check if Gerard was up for guests." Eric sighed. "I didn't know what to tell him, Dan."
Danny looked to his brother. "What do you wanna do, buddy?"
"Wanna see him, but I wanna stay little, daddy."
"Um. Okay." Danny got up and said, "Uh I'm gonna go talk to Jim really quick."
Danny left the room and went to Jim.
"Uh can I talk to you before you see Gerard?"
"About what?"
"Uh. It's kind of complicated."
"Okay." Jim said with confusion.
"Um. Well me and Eric have been taking care of Gerard-" Danny went on to tell Jim everything and allowed him to ask questions here and there.
"So he acts like he's a two year old?"
"Somewhat." Danny said. "I'll just get him." Danny sighed.
Jim watched as Danny walked down the hall and came back with Gerard in his arms.
Jim could see that Gerard was clearly wearing some sort of protection from wetting.
Gerard whispered something to Danny.
"Okay." Danny said. He sat Gerard down on the sofa and sat beside him. "I know you probably have a lot more questions, but just be nice. Please." Danny said.
"Just one actually." Jim said. "Uh. Has he always done this?"
Gerard blushed.
"No, but he has worn protection for a while. He sometimes has accidents when certain events don't settle well with him."
"Oh." Jim looked a little confused. "Is this gonna be a normal thing?"
"Yes." Eric answered for the two of them. "If that's going to be a problem you can see yourself out, Jim."
"No. It's uh. It's not a problem."
"Daddy?" Gerard asked quietly. Jim noticed the softness of his voice. It was like an actual toddler was in the room.
"What, buddy?" Danny asked.
"Can I show Jim all of my Legos?"
Danny looked at Jim for confirmation.
"Sure, kid." Jim put on a smile and stood from the sofa.
Gerard got up and ran down the hall, "Come on!" He shouted.
Jim walked to the room he saw Gerard go into.
Gerard was sitting on the floor, surrounded in Legos.
"Come build with me!"
Danny walked down the hall and was surprised when he saw Gerard being so open in front of his step father.
Jim sat down beside the boy and picked up some legos.
"Do you know how to build a rocket ship?" Jim asked.
"I'm not very good at building." Gerard said.
"How about I show you how?" Jim said with a smile.
"Okay!" Gerard moved the Legos closer to Jim.
Jim began building a basic rocket ship styled design then made it more complex.
Gerard just looked at him in amazement.
"This is the bestest rocket ship ever!" Gerard said as he watched Jim add a few more pieces to top it off.
"Here you go." Jim handed him the sculpture and said, "A simple rocket ship."
"Simple?" Gerard asked. "This has so many pieces!"
Jim laughed at that.
"We're gonna have to get him more legos. You do realize he's never gonna take that thing apart right?"
Jim smiled to Danny then looked back at Gerard.
"Is that right?" He asked him.
"Never ever gonna take it apart!" Gerard smiled as he made the model fly around his bedroom. "Isn't it awesome, daddy?" Gerard stopped in front of Danny to show it to him.
"It's very cool, kiddo." Gerard smiled and flew it back to Jim.
"Thank you." Gerard smiled at the object.
♠ ♠ ♠
Imagine Danny like this pls - https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/b0/e7/b4/b0e7b4e9b29037050fbb0c4a0c07e6d1.jpg tattoos and all bro!!!
I feel like the song from Hamilton (when Eliza is singing) that says, "Forgiveness" should just play at the end of this chapter.